Evolution of table of contents

Margarida Afonso

Idea

The function "table of contents" is a great design, but I wonder if it's possible to let users produce links to notes without selecting multiple notes.

For example, if I have produced table of contents for five notes and added additional information in the automatically produced table of contents, when I have the sixth note that should be included in the table of contents, the only thing I can do now is selecting all six notes together, producing new table of contents, adding additional information again. But if you provide a function that can create and copy a link to a note (in file system like evernote:///view/..., not through http://...) in right-click menu, then I can simply create a link by right-clicking the sixth note and paste it to the existing table of contents. 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 7/31/2018 at 2:11 PM, Margarida Afonso said:

For example, if I have produced table of contents for five notes and added additional information in the automatically produced table of contents, when I have the sixth note that should be included in the table of contents, the only thing I can do now is selecting all six notes together, producing new table of contents,

On my Mac, I can
- Open the ToC note in it''s own window
- Drag note six into the ToC note; it converts to a link and is inserted at the drop point

>>if you provide a function that can create and copy a link to a note (in file system like evernote:///view/..., not through http://...) in right-click menu, then I can simply create a link by right-clicking the sixth note and paste it to the existing table of contents. 

Right-Clicking in the note list works on my Mac969270037_ScreenShot2018-07-31at14_43_09.png.be321b6eeb92541c4f521dec94885e2f.png

Pressing the option key forces a Classic/Internal link but isn't necessary if you're pasting within Evernote

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  In the current Windows beta you'd have to open the ToC,  create a new line,  then go to the new note(s) and "copy internal link" / paste back into the table.  Drag and drop has a 'not here' icon if you try it...

Archived