New user and images don't stay

I am trying this out so have the free version to try to organize my stamp sets and other craft supplies.  I am using a 2013 MacBook Air, Version 11.1.2 (13605.3.8) and Safari.  I drag an image from Ebay which the person posted using the image from the company that makes the product and it looks like it is in my notes.  I save it using the save under File.  When I open it again, it has a tiny blue box with a question mark in it and what I typed is there, but the image is not.  The first ones that I set up a few weeks ago are there, but none of late.  I try several methods including dragging or copying and sometimes I get one that stays, but it is not a fast process.  What am I doing wrong?  I really want to use this program, but maybe it is too sophisticated for a person that is not too computer savvy.  The picture of the bunny is an example of what I am trying to save https://www.ebay.com/i/152935913497?chn=ps .  Thank you.

image.thumb.png.cda8ca6a7e14107a963ece225b4cb3e0.png

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Fairylander said:

I drag an image from Ebay which the person posted using the image from the company that makes the product and it looks like it is in my notes.  I save it using the save under File.  When I open it again, it has a tiny blue box with a question mark in it and what I typed is there, but the image is not.

Sorry, I don't have an explanation as to your issue
fwiw, I tried the same drag process and the bunny pic has survived in my notes.

As a safety step, you could drag the image to your desktop first.  This ensures you've actually captured an image file.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived