sarahcarioca

Delete a Single Page from PDF???

Idea

I use ScanSnap to scan everything in my life directly to evernote. Up until recently I have been able to double click the pdf, open in preview, delete or rotate single pages as needed, and the pdf saves with changes back to the orginal note. Now it seems I have to create a new file with the changes and it doesn't go back into evernote. Am I missing something or has evernote changed for the worse??

4 replies to this idea

It's working for me.
I right-click to open the pdf in Preview; it's not my default pdf application
I update the pdf, save, and it;'s updated in Evernote.

Are you current on you OS and Evernote versions?
There were problems in the past but they've been long resolved.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, sarahcarioca said:

I use ScanSnap to scan everything in my life directly to evernote. Up until recently I have been able to double click the pdf, open in preview, delete or rotate single pages as needed, and the pdf saves with changes back to the orginal note. Now it seems I have to create a new file with the changes and it doesn't go back into evernote. Am I missing something or has evernote changed for the worse??

Make sure to not save the PDF anywhere else except in the folder that Evernote creates for it. Otherwise, the changes will not be synced back.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:03 AM, macfixer said:

Make sure to not save the PDF anywhere else except in the folder that Evernote creates for it. Otherwise, the changes will not be synced back.

ScanSnap currently scans it direclty to evernote and copies it to a folder on my harddrive as backup. It's always done this and I've never had a problem editing notes until about a month ago... but are you saying I should stop the copy to the harddrive on the original scan?

Tell you what — I don't feel comfortable having you potentially lose your important data. Have you reached out to @Evernotehelps on Twitter?