Can I increase the DISPLAY Size for Text?

The default size it very small for my tired old eyes (even with reading glasses). I do NOT want to have to modify the font size of all existing (1000+ ) notes. Also,  the notes have varying text sizes, so I I'd have to modify bits and pieces of each note.

I just want to essentially "zoom in" to make the text larger.

-Clay

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, claynichols2015 said:

The default size it very small for my tired old eyes (even with reading glasses). I do NOT want to have to modify the font size of all existing (1000+ ) notes. Also,  the notes have varying text sizes, so I I'd have to modify bits and pieces of each note.

I just want to essentially "zoom in" to make the text larger.

-Clay

Easiest way is to change the display scaling settings in Windows.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/6-display-settings-you-should-be-using-in-windows-10/

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2018 at 8:13 PM, gustavgi said:

Easiest way is to change the display scaling settings in Windows.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/6-display-settings-you-should-be-using-in-windows-10/

So to increase Evernote to a viewable size we have to make everything else on our devices way too big??? Is this a joke? Is there really no UI customization to increase accessibility for older users???

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, BC66 said:

So to increase Evernote to a viewable size we have to make everything else on our devices way too big??? Is this a joke? Is there really no UI customization to increase accessibility for older users???

Same as the other post, Nope.  Nor for younger users who would like font control, be it larger or smaller.

For some reason that doesn't work on my computer (Windows 10), but I can temporarily enlarge or reduce the font size of any note by using control-plus or control-minus.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Scroll-wheel zoom used to work (I think), but it was inexplicably removed in favor of the slightly less intuitive ctrl plus and ctrl minus. (no idea why we can't have both). 

Evernote really needs an option "Remember Zoom Settings per Note" that would retain the last zoom level at a per-note level so that if I came back to a note that I had previously needed to zoom in, it would restore that zoom setting.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Earlier today, I was using Ctrl MouseScroll -/+ to resize a PDF inside a note to make it fit on my screen to read it. A few hours later, I was looking at some text notes and it seemed that ALL my notes suddenly had much smaller text. In searching for the fix to that, I found this page... which is basically saying there's no way to change default font size on all notes, even though that's what had happened to me somehow. I remembered that I had been messing around with sizing on my PDF earlier, so I found another PDF in another note, and sized it up and down (using Ctrl MouseScroll +/- on the PDF) to see if that affected my default "normal" text in my other notes... and viola... it does. So I played around with that a little bit till I got my "normal" text notes back to my normal font size. 

I'm thinking this makes no sense at all, but that's what happened. Not sure how my PDF sizing is connected to default font size in all other notes. Glad I was able to fix it though... using Ctrl +/- on every note, every time I was going to look at the note... well that was going to be a BIG problem.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, KShort said:

Earlier today, I was using Ctrl MouseScroll -/+ to resize a PDF inside a note to make it fit on my screen to read it. A few hours later, I was looking at some text notes and it seemed that ALL my notes suddenly had much smaller text. In searching for the fix to that, I found this page... which is basically saying there's no way to change default font size on all notes, even though that's what had happened to me somehow. I remembered that I had been messing around with sizing on my PDF earlier, so I found another PDF in another note, and sized it up and down (using Ctrl MouseScroll +/- on the PDF) to see if that affected my default "normal" text in my other notes... and viola... it does. So I played around with that a little bit till I got my "normal" text notes back to my normal font size. 

I'm thinking this makes no sense at all, but that's what happened. Not sure how my PDF sizing is connected to default font size in all other notes. Glad I was able to fix it though... using Ctrl +/- on every note, every time I was going to look at the note... well that was going to be a BIG problem.

You can change default font size by going to Tools - Options - Note.  If your font size is locked into something that is not per normal first be sure you reset it.  Otherwise, I have had fonts and keyboard get hosed from time to time.  Don't know what app or if it is just Windows or if I wasn't holding my mouth quite right, but a reboot has fixed it.  🤷‍♂️

Thanks for that info... just for fun, I went into Tools - Options - Note to see my font size, and made a mental note of the settings. Then I did the Ctrl MouseScroll + to make my PDF bigger, went to a normal note, and the text size was larger, as expected based on my experience yesterday. I clicked into Tools - Options - Note, and my font size remained the same as it was before my scroll experience. 

Seems like the Ctrl MouseScroll +/- on the PDF sets a universal zoom level within EN, without actually changing the "real" font size.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, KShort said:

Thanks for that info... just for fun, I went into Tools - Options - Note to see my font size, and made a mental note of the settings. Then I did the Ctrl MouseScroll + to make my PDF bigger, went to a normal note, and the text size was larger, as expected based on my experience yesterday. I clicked into Tools - Options - Note, and my font size remained the same as it was before my scroll experience. 

Seems like the Ctrl MouseScroll +/- on the PDF sets a universal zoom level within EN, without actually changing the "real" font size.

Just followed your steps and zoom is set on text notes based upon whatever one does with the PDF.  Not an expected result.  It can be reset by doing a file exit.  Interesting that scroll +/- does not work outside the PDF.

You can adjust the zoom using the icons which appear in the lower right of the PDF when hovering to avoid the bug.

ScreenClip.png.a2d886f2a5d01b9ce13ece207613a077.png

• 1 month later...

Ok this is very strange. With evernote app on windows, embed a PDF file into a note (so that it displays the contents of the pdf in the note). Then with the mouse in the pdf text use ctrl-scroll to change the display size of the font on all your documents. Strange but true

Evernote folks, please fix this so ctrl-scroll works everywhere

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5

If you are using the legacy client (which is where you posted): Problem solved.

If you mean the v10 client: EN doesn’t tell a lot about what they have in the coding treadmill at the moment.

You can ask by support ticket. They likely won’t tell much, from my experience.