Version: 7.4.0.391-491d760

Tom Mull

When trying to clip a full page note in Evernote Web, stuck on "Saving Your Clip" I removed Clipper from Google and reinstalled the latest version. I cannot work until this is resolved. What is the problem?

I've been encountering this all day myself. I finally got one to go through and ended up with 3 copies of the note.

I'm not sure why I just typed out a novel in the "remarks" before I started the clip that I have been waiting on a good 20 minutes now. I should have know better.

This is getting incredibly annoying, I've wasted a lot of time today over this bug.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Maybe I'm just being slow,  but I'm very confused - what exactly is the problem here?  'Clipping a full page note in Evernote Web' doesn't actually make sense to me.  Why would you 'clip' a note that you created in Evernote Web when by definition if you just created a note there,  it already exists...

If you're clipping a full web page from somewhere,  you'd need to open an Evernote client - either the web version or one installed on a local device - to see the content.  Does that level of clipping work for you?

If you're having issues with this,  please explain in more detail and with screen shots so I can understand exactly what's going wrong...

This relates to the "Web Clipper" extension. I'm using the Chrome version myself.

It's working for me right now but on and off all day I will run into getting stuck "Saving your Clip" that never completes.

Attachment included for a visual of what it looks like when it hangs.

2018-07-26_20-36-54.jpg

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Maybe I'm just being slow,  but I'm very confused - what exactly is the problem here?  'Clipping a full page note in Evernote Web' doesn't actually make sense to me. 

The original poster just left out the word 'Clipper'.

It seems to be mostly affecting clipping emails in Gmail (using Chrome) for me although other web pages have also been affected. While alternative clip formats like 'Simplified Article' sometimes works when 'Full page' doesn't - it doesn't help for emails as it clips the whole Gmail browser data.

I left 'Saving your clip' on the screen while I went away to do something else - it was still there when I came back.

I suspect something in the Web Clipper itself or the Chrome browser has changed.

18 minutes ago, avec said:

I have the exact same problem.

Clipper 7.4.0
Chrome 67.0.3396.99

Same as me except I'm on windows 10

Have just had Chrome update to Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

NO DIFFERENCE!!

Hi everyone,

We've just released a hotfix that we believe fixes the issue folks have been having. Please ensure you're on the latest version (7.4.1) & let us know if you're still encountering issues with clipping. If you still have issues, which we hope you won't, please report them to the support team (Technical Issues>Other>Report a Bug...Chat Now or Submit Ticket).

Thanks for your patience as we tackle this issue, 

Sydney, Product @ Clipper 

15 hours ago, Sydney Russakov said:

Hi everyone,

We've just released a hotfix that we believe fixes the issue folks have been having. Please ensure you're on the latest version (7.4.1) & let us know if you're still encountering issues with clipping. If you still have issues, which we hope you won't, please report them to the support team (Technical Issues>Other>Report a Bug...Chat Now or Submit Ticket).

Thanks for your patience as we tackle this issue, 

Sydney, Product @ Clipper 

No good. I'm on Version: 7.4.1.1-9686a8a and it's still happening.

And here's what happens when I try to submit a ticket ... 

{"success":"false","reason":"csrf_failure"}

Archived