Compatibility with Apple Pencil

Hi! I am a HUGE Evernote user and major advocate (I regularly spend time telling anyone who will listen why they need to throw away their notebooks and get on Evernote ASAP).  I take all my notes in Evernote but typing in meetings is not ideal, mainly because the lid of the Macbook acts as a kind of barrier, plus people don't know what you're doing. I now use an iPad and Apple Pencil which is a game changer, but unfortunately I have to use Nebo because I can't do handwriting on Evernote. So I have to flip between the two programs which is less than ideal. If you could make this happen, I could delete Nebo and life would be almost perfect :) 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, JenniTO84 said:

Does it convert writing to text do you know?

My favourite iPad note app is Notablility.  The latest revision (beta) converts writing to text.
GoodNotes also has this feature.

I save the document to Evernote as a note attachment; in native or pdf format or both.

• 2 months later...

Is there any further movement on this? The Nebo note taking experience is streets ahead of any other app I have seen. Can we get that functionality embedded within Evernote ao we don’t need to switch between? Happy for this to be a premium only feature, I will pay. To be honest the Apple Pencil and Nebo have transformed how I work to such an extent that if Evernote don’t do this, I’m likely to look for an evernote replacement rather than the other way around.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, Restevesmills said:

Is there any further movement on this? The Nebo note taking experience is streets ahead of any other app I have seen. Can we get that functionality embedded within Evernote ao we don’t need to switch between? Happy for this to be a premium only feature, I will pay. To be honest the Apple Pencil and Nebo have transformed how I work to such an extent that if Evernote don’t do this, I’m likely to look for an evernote replacement rather than the other way around.

Exactly.

• Level 5*
On 10/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, Restevesmills said:

Can we get that functionality embedded within Evernote

imho  You won't see an increase in this functionality.
Evernote has not indicated an interest in expanding the basic sketch feature.
They did purchase the Penultimate app, but that remains an external editor.

>>Neebo ... so we don’t need to switch between?

I have no problem switching to external editors when I need extended features; handwriting, word processing, spreadsheets, ....
For note taking, I use Notability on my iPad.

Archived