Ads for Evernote Business

dbvirago

Idea

As I have said on other occasions when Evernote Business features were forced on me, such as having to 'share' notes instead of simply emailing them, I am not a business user. In addition, as a paid Premium user, I don't expect popup ads in my software. I don't want or need any business features and I don't want spaces. 

• Like 3

11 replies to this idea

I continue to get ads for Evernote for Business.  While I think Evernote for Business is a helpful product, a single user is in for a surprise if they use it.

I think promoting Evernote for Business - free trial - is not an appropriate pop up in the Evernote single user's space.

Can this pop be blocked or stopped?

If people want to get involved in Evernote Business, they should know all the rules before they sign up.  One of the biggest keys is that if buy Evernote business, they are looking a multiple users not a single user situation. Quote - Your Evernote Business account must have a minimum of 2 seats.  All the details are here  - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313968

P.S.   I would encourage a review of all "pop up" messages about product sales to ensure they are the right pop up for the user. 

On 4/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, Ethan Mings said:

I continue to get ads for Evernote for Business.  While I think Evernote for Business is a helpful product, a single user is in for a surprise if they use it.

I think promoting Evernote for Business - free trial - is not an appropriate pop up in the Evernote single user's space.

Can this pop be blocked or stopped?

If people want to get involved in Evernote Business, they should know all the rules before they sign up.  One of the biggest keys is that if buy Evernote business, they are looking a multiple users not a single user situation. Quote - Your Evernote Business account must have a minimum of 2 seats.  All the details are here  - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313968

P.S.   I would encourage a review of all "pop up" messages about product sales to ensure they are the right pop up for the user. 

I assume that they are counting on single users to promote it within their organizations. After all, everybody starts as a single user even if they are part of the business plan, there is not a "corporation" user since that is not a person. I guess they can target the CEOs only which is probably not feasible/possible.

I have not seen many ads popping up for me yet. Received emails about it etc. but that was it so far. I could see it being annoying quickly though if it interrupts my daily workflow.

I've seen posts about pop-ups for upgrading from the basic membership too. Not sure if there is a proper way of doing that as they are a business trying to sell products as well. Can see both sides of the spectrum.

As an evernote premium user, I have become sick of ads for evernote business. I'm already a paying customer, so why do I keep getting advertised to on my main login page? I wish this would stop. 

Oh my gosh, yes! I feel livid when I see advertising for Evernote Business after I'm already paying for Evernote Premium. I'm already paying you so that I don't get nagged. Please remove this terrible "feature". Forcing me to click that tiny "X" is not a solution, either. I should not have to do anything to be not nagged by your advertising. Just remove it, please.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, npongratz said:

Forcing me to click that tiny "X" is not a solution, either. I should not have to do anything to be not nagged by your advertising.

That is your opinion.

My opinion is clicking the "X" is the solution. Click it and it is gone. Not a big deal. No nagging.

• Level 5

At least in my German version, it is called "Context". But probably it is the same.

It does not only show "ads" (which are not ads in the classical meaning), it basically searches for all sort of stuff EN regards as related to my current note and use.

So if I share, they think maybe I could make use of EN Business - among other contextual content they will show. For me in the balance between using it or getting rid of "Business" hints, I find it useful enough to keep it active. By the way: Somehow they never showed me yet I could downgrade to BASIC 🤣