it happened when i typing vietnamese character on title field 

old version doesn't have this issues
i've tried evernote 6.12 & 6.13, they all have this issue

image.thumb.png.57555e90879c08e31f63ba6395f26d8e.png
the string in the title field:
lỗi hiển thị kí tự tiếng việt

Hi all,

This bug appeared after I upgraded to the latest version (6.13.14.7474): The note title doesn't display properly -- all non-ASCII characters appear as boxes. I guess the title uses a font that doesn't cover my UNICODE subset (Vietnamese).

So anyone knows how to change the font for note titles? FYI, I use Windows 10.

Thanks for your help,

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to change the title font in the Windows app. I, too, would like it to match the font in body of my notes as well.

@pinevn If the situation arose after upgrading to 6.13, you might try the 6.14 however I think that is in Beta so no guarantees there. I also would recommend posting under the 6.13 release post in the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, Cát Thành said:

it happened when i typing vietnamese character on title field 

old version doesn't have this issues
i've tried evernote 6.12 & 6.13, they all have this issue

image.thumb.png.57555e90879c08e31f63ba6395f26d8e.png
the string in the title field:
lỗi hiển thị kí tự tiếng việt

Evernote 6.12 and 6.13 don't have this issue. Only 6.14 forward. I have been telling them about this but haven't received any response from Evernote yet. I think they are busy with their Brand Refresh campaign lol. 

1 minute ago, Dinh Hai Dang said:

Evernote 6.12 and 6.13 don't have this issue. Only 6.14 forward. I have been telling them about this but haven't received any response from Evernote yet. I think they are busy with their Brand Refresh campaign lol. 

Yeah, I just upgraded to the latest version and noticed this issue, so started googling and found your post.

It's frustrating what is Evernote doing sometimes ... like if anyone ever expressed any wish for their logo to be changed ... They're doing that instead of real usability stuff that people are asking for. Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just installed the latest version of Evernote (6.15.3) and this is how it looks. Bold above is how it should look, but you can see the Title with boxes instead of some of the special characters. This is Latvian language. 

So - still the same issue. Copy-pasting from the note title gives me the correct characters though.

evernote_characters_title.png

Archived