(Archived) Goodreader integration in EN fir iPad

cunn1n9

I think that's a feature of iOS 4. I.e. in iOS4, applications can register for the ability to open certain types of files, and Evernote responds to that correctly.

no - you can definitely do this in many apps on the ipad (indeed I have moaned about this omission in ipad evernote in a number of threads below here!). Nowadays I find evernote easier to use on my ipad than my mac (fewer beach balls!) and this is the one thing that it stopping it being the crucial goto app. Once you get it up and running evernote will replace dropbox for many of my uses (oh and yes - you can certainly open files stored in dropbox in other apps on the ipad)

Another problem with this lack of integration - I can open encrypted pdfs in EN on the Mac, but they just appear as blank pages on the ipad. If I could then route them through to goodreader I should be able to decrypt them.

Another problem with this lack of integration - I can open encrypted pdfs in EN on the Mac, but they just appear as blank pages on the ipad. If I could then route them through to goodreader I should be able to decrypt them.

That's an iOS issue. It won't display markups on PDF documents; they're there but you can't see them. I have the same issue in Safari, GoodReader, iAnnotate, and Zosh. It's an issue with Apple, not Evernote. It's the 1 feature I am awaiting the most from Apple, as I need this ability to use my iPad to sign digital contracts.

thhat's as maybe - but my point is that if I could open pdfs stored in evernote ipad into other programs ( as i can do in pdfs stored in dropbox ipad ) i could then decrypt those pdfs on the ipad - docs to go for example.

• 3 years later...

Perhaps the best solution, although I don't know of what technical difficulties it presents, would be to allow a direct goodreader sync with evernote (Dropbox, Google drive, etc. offer this). Is the lack of sync with goodreader an EN issue or Goodreader issue?

Archived