Windows 10 hard disc full

My hard disc is so full that I cant download updates for windows 10 or, even worse, Evernote. I have gone through all the options on creating space on my hard disc and there is still not enough room. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. Is it possible to transfer Evernote to an external hard drive?

• Level 5*

Are you aware of the "On Demand Sync" feature in Evernote Windows.
It can significantly reduce the local database size.

This was described in this post

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, LynF said:

My hard disc is so full that I cant download updates for windows 10 or, even worse, Evernote. I have gone through all the options on creating space on my hard disc and there is still not enough room. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. Is it possible to transfer Evernote to an external hard drive?

Alternatively, you can move your Evernote data to a separate drive. Tools / Options / General / [Evernote local files] : "Change...". Hover over the "Change..." button to see more about what it does.

It's highly recommended that you back up your Evernote data before you perform this operation. The database folder can be found by clicking on the "Open Database Folder" in the same dialog tab as above; that's the folder that you'll want to back up. Also, you may be able to save some space by clearing out the Attachments folder under the Database folder. That folder's contents are temporary, and should be cleaned up automatically by Evernote, but that's not always the case.

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

Are you aware of the "On Demand Sync" feature in Evernote Windows.
It can significantly reduce the local database size.

This was described in this post

Thank you for this tip. I see that the "On Demand Sync" is enabled on my computer. This is more by chance than knowing why I had enabled it! I have now read up on it and understand the function better.

Archived