Operation Forbidden by Server

rygrove

I am attempting to use the chrome web clipper and an apparent bug or something has made it almost unusable. Every time I try to clip something, it asks me to login to evernote again, and then I almost always get the following error, "Clipper has encountered an error Operation forbidden by server." I have a VPN, and sometimes turning the VPN off will make it work, but usually it gives me that error regardless of whether or not the VPN is on. I tried to grab the log, but the setting panel is completely grey. The extension just completely wigs out. 

Uninstalling the extension, and then reinstalling, will sometimes allow me to clip a page or two, but then it will start giving me the error again. I have searched online and found nothing. I am using Chrome 67, Windows 10. 

This may be a problem for my IT department, but I wanted to check here first, as they are going to have no idea on how to approach this. 

Thanks in advance! This has been super frustrating, and has almost pushed me off evernote entirely. I love the platform, but clipping is an integral part of how I use(d) Evernote. 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, rygrove said:

I am attempting to use the chrome web clipper and an apparent bug or something has made it almost unusable. Every time I try to clip something, it asks me to login to evernote again, and then I almost always get the following error, "Clipper has encountered an error Operation forbidden by server." I have a VPN, and sometimes turning the VPN off will make it work, but usually it gives me that error regardless of whether or not the VPN is on. I tried to grab the log, but the setting panel is completely grey. The extension just completely wigs out. 

Uninstalling the extension, and then reinstalling, will sometimes allow me to clip a page or two, but then it will start giving me the error again. I have searched online and found nothing. I am using Chrome 67, Windows 10. 

This may be a problem for my IT department, but I wanted to check here first, as they are going to have no idea on how to approach this. 

Thanks in advance! This has been super frustrating, and has almost pushed me off evernote entirely. I love the platform, but clipping is an integral part of how I use(d) Evernote. 

Clipper seems to be working fine for me in Chrome.  You took the right step by removing/installing the extension.  Only other thing I could think of would be to delete the extension, boot your PC, and then add the extension.  If that doesn't work you could see if you fare better with FireFox or some other browser.

Archived