Evernote for Windows 6.13 GA

Nick Nassiri

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hello Everyone,

Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.13 to all users. You can download it here or check for updates.

We appreciate your feedback, both on new bugs, and on issues that we've resolved. 

Thanks,
Nick and the Windows Team at Evernote

------------

Release Notes for Version 6.13.14

Note: Versions 6.13 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Improved (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

• Encryption between the client and server has been beefed up.
  • We let users save audio locally if they’ve exceeded the note size
  • Users are prevented from making content changes when the Evernote client database is locked by another process (e.g., antivirus scanner)
  • Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification.
  • Messaging to alert the user when they're approaching their notebook limit

Fixed (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

• The cursor stays in the note body when the user navigates away from the title field
  • Files can be consistently reattached after deleting or undoing an editing action
  • Print behavior works consistently between the main note and single note view
  • Work Chat no longer flags an inbound message as a new thread when it’s not
  • Notebook count is correct
  • Large lists of notes and tags are scrollable as expected
  • We gracefully handle when some video cards incorrectly report their capabilities
  • Some users were intermittently unable to add a new note. We patched that.
  • Numbered lists keep their numbering sequence intact consistently
  • Drag & Drop of files and documents from Evernote to other apps
  • Keyboard shortcut for renaming Notebook Stacks now consistently works
  • Note statistics remain on screen when expected
  • And of course: Misc. other product bug fixes and improvements.

97 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, jefito said:

That it's being displayed as a date rather than an integer value seems like a (small) bug, but since the number isn't meant to mean much of anything to a user, and is only used to save order state when using a reminders list (as in Snippet, Card, and Thumbnail views) with "Sort reminders by date" unchecked, displaying as a date is harmless, though confusing.

You're right, this isn't supposed to really be human-readable. It looks like clients can set it, but they're not really supposed to (initially, anyway), in which case the server supplies the current timestamp (a 64-bit integer). But clients could overwrite that with any integer they choose (for example, when rearranging reminders in the list, in the Mac client at least). So viewing it as a date makes... a tiny bit of sense, but is mostly misleading.

42 minutes ago, rezecib said:

You're right, this isn't supposed to really be human-readable. It looks like clients can set it, but they're not really supposed to (initially, anyway), in which case the server supplies the current timestamp (a 64-bit integer). But clients could overwrite that with any integer they choose (for example, when rearranging reminders in the list, in the Mac client at least). So viewing it as a date makes... a tiny bit of sense, but is mostly misleading.

Well the good news is, now there's one less column in my list view. :) Thanks for the explanation.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, hanseric said:

I agree @gazumped. My main quest here began when I was messing around with some search syntax and then noticed the anomaly. At this point I'd almost be happy knowing what the intent of this column is/was. Meanwhile it seemed like a bug so reporting it felt like the right thing to do.

At a guess, it's a standin for the ReminderOrder search term, documented in the Evernote Search Grammar doc (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php). At least, if I make a search of "reminderorder:*", all of the notes that match have a nonempty "Reminder" field. Conversely, if I make a search of "-reminderorder:*", all of the notes that match have an empty "Reminder" field.

Per the doc:

reminderOrder:[integer] - matches notes that have been marked as a reminder. The actual integer attribute value is used to order reminders relative to one another and is generally not useful in search. E.g.:

• reminderOrder:*
    • Matches all notes that have been marked as a reminder

That it's being displayed as a date rather than an integer value seems like a (small) bug, but since the number isn't meant to mean much of anything to a user, and is only used to save order state when using a reminders list (as in Snippet, Card, and Thumbnail views) with "Sort reminders by date" unchecked, displaying as a date is harmless, though confusing.

I agree @gazumped. My main quest here began when I was messing around with some search syntax and then noticed the anomaly. At this point I'd almost be happy knowing what the intent of this column is/was. Meanwhile it seemed like a bug so reporting it felt like the right thing to do.

• Level 5*

Point of information - I've never used the Reminder columns in List view before (despite having used Evernote ever since reminders happened) and have never noticed any problems in setting or using reminders,  as far as they go.  The process could be easier - it's fine if you choose "in a week" but the date and time otherwise defaults (I think) to the current value.  It would be nice,  at least,  to be able to set a standard time so they all get listed at 0800 or 1200 etc as you prefer.  (That has been mentioned elsewhere.)

15 hours ago, CalS said:

Same as in the other thread, Reminder is the date the reminder was created, Reminder Time is the date/time of the reminder.

Well then it's definitely a bug from what I'm seeing. When I click Reminder icon, I get a future date and I can't see rhyme or reason as to why the particular date I get. Somtimes it's the next day and sometimes it's even more in the future.

I just randomly selected the most recently made ticket and clicked the Reminder icon (no date specified by me in the UI) and EN set Reminder for a date in November of this year!

Reminder icon Nov.jpg

7 hours ago, EdH said:

Purge only removes the local copy of the note body. It doesn't remove the header or meta data, and clicking on it in En for Windows will redownload it. It acts like the mobile app does.

Thanks, your explanation made it easier to understand, it sounds like it could be useful under some circumstances. 

Just one question, can the purged notes be instantly searched like the local notes?

Purging would be more useful if it was first notebook or tag based, before being access date based, in my view. 

Internet downloaded or clipped data can be safely purged, personal or work data, not so much.  Of course this depends on whether purged notes behave differently or not, from an user point of view.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, hanseric said:

What is expected behavior, btw? I'm not sure what Reminder column is supposed to represent and have not been able to find any documentation one way or another.

Same as in the other thread, Reminder is the date the reminder was created, Reminder Time is the date/time of the reminder.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Was there a trick you needed to do to get EN to shrink the database down?  I've got 36,000+ notes, and a database around 12gb and even with "purge" turned on, the best I get is a database around 10.5gb.   I've tried deleting the database and letting Evernote rebuild, but it seems to download just about everything each time. Even clean/new installation pulls mostly the entire database.  I usually leave the purge to 30 days or greater, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

No trick, but you need to turn on the "Sync on Demand" feature before you even log in after deleting the local copy of the full database. Once a note downloads, it is not going to self purge until it gets past the purge day count.

You could leave Evernote on this weekend, and set it to 1 day on the purge, and see if that does it. Of course, that will (should) wipe out all local content by Sunday, so for the next few days, every single note you touch will need to download.

Bug report: date of "Reminder" column seems to be wrong/random.

If I click Reminder in a note (and don't pick a specific date/time) EN marks the Reminder column with "Tomorrow 5:13 PM". If I immediately take the same step with the next note below that one in the Notebooks view, I get "Tomorrow 5:21 PM". Next one, 5:30 PM, then 5:39 PM and so on.

If I set a date/time, like to "Tomorrow 8:15 PM, it accurately displays in the other Reminder Time coluimn.  But Reminder still says the same random "Tomorrow 6:04 PM" 

What is expected behavior, btw? I'm not sure what Reminder column is supposed to represent and have not been able to find any documentation one way or another.

EN Bug.jpg

25 minutes ago, EdH said:

Purge only removes the local copy of the note body. It doesn't remove the header or meta data, and clicking on it in En for Windows will redownload it. It acts like the mobile app does. This is really useful for two reasons:

1. Lower disk space consumption. I only have about 400-500MB downloaded out of my 8GB database.

Was there a trick you needed to do to get EN to shrink the database down?  I've got 36,000+ notes, and a database around 12gb and even with "purge" turned on, the best I get is a database around 10.5gb.   I've tried deleting the database and letting Evernote rebuild, but it seems to download just about everything each time. Even clean/new installation pulls mostly the entire database.  I usually leave the purge to 30 days or greater, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Err, was there ever a time when purge sync was on by default??  I was not even aware this was a feature until relatively recently, and while thankful it is off by default now,  it is a very unnerving setting to look at, knowing that things have a way to go wrong when you least expect it (my oldest data is from 2011, so 999 days is not nearly enough time, even if I have not looked at those notes for that long).

On the subject of losing data, I was losing data a year ago or so during another beta until I disabled on demand sync, set synchronize to daily (was going to disable it but was afraid I might forget to do it manually), and set automatic note saving to 600 or so, based on the general experience that data loss tend to occur most often while it is being changed.  I have had fewer problems with data loss this way.

Purge only removes the local copy of the note body. It doesn't remove the header or meta data, and clicking on it in En for Windows will redownload it. It acts like the mobile app does. This is really useful for two reasons:

1. Lower disk space consumption. I only have about 400-500MB downloaded out of my 8GB database.
  2. Faster program operation. The windows database for Evernote is horrible for large databases or databases with many notes. This feature was created I think around 2013 as one of a number of measures to mitigate the UI being frozen because the database was busy doing something. It didn't fix it by any means, but it is much less of a problem as long as you keep the download note count and/or database size relatively small.
Just now, Austin G said:

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be specific to the windows app. We're working on a service-side fix for this. Do you happen to recall which app you created these on?

Shortcuts would mostly be created on the Windows version, I probably had a few added through ios(ipad) and android phone apps.

• Ex Employees
4 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

AckSomething completely wiped out ALL of my shortcuts.  I mentioned that ios might be messing with them and tonight, I was  trying to bring ipad 1 (running a beta) up to sync, as well as an android tablet also on android beta up to sync.   ipad 2, ios phone and android phone all were fine earlier today (and in sync). 

Something, somewhere needs some serious error checking with the sync process.  Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you where the problem is with this bug.  Is it the server not  sync checking properly?  Is it Windows client? ios client? android client?  everything was 'updating' tonight and then magically all gone.

Lucky for me, I was able to grab screen shots of my shortcuts list (which is quite extensive), before the machine sync'd to nothingness.  Unlucky for me, I have numerous invisible tags to go through to add back into shortcuts.  Finding those will be a treat.

Emoji's are still working though.. so I'm incredibly thrilled for that. ?
(but on a serious note, I've started using them... they are honestly quite helpful to quickly spot sections of notes, note titles, etc.... bugs just need priorities over emojis though).

2100742342_evernotebug-shortcutswipedout.png.4a572012c9cc63c5601e91572f490aa6.png

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be specific to the windows app. We're working on a service-side fix for this. Do you happen to recall which app you created these on?

AckSomething completely wiped out ALL of my shortcuts.  I mentioned that ios might be messing with them and tonight, I was  trying to bring ipad 1 (running a beta) up to sync, as well as an android tablet also on android beta up to sync.   ipad 2, ios phone and android phone all were fine earlier today (and in sync). 

Something, somewhere needs some serious error checking with the sync process.  Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you where the problem is with this bug.  Is it the server not  sync checking properly?  Is it Windows client? ios client? android client?  everything was 'updating' tonight and then magically all gone.

Lucky for me, I was able to grab screen shots of my shortcuts list (which is quite extensive), before the machine sync'd to nothingness.  Unlucky for me, I have numerous invisible tags to go through to add back into shortcuts.  Finding those will be a treat.

Emoji's are still working though.. so I'm incredibly thrilled for that. ?
(but on a serious note, I've started using them... they are honestly quite helpful to quickly spot sections of notes, note titles, etc.... bugs just need priorities over emojis though).

2100742342_evernotebug-shortcutswipedout.png.4a572012c9cc63c5601e91572f490aa6.png

• Ex Employees
16 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Err, is there ever a time when purge sync should be on by default??  I was not even aware this was a feature until relatively recently, and while thankful it is off by default, it is a very unnerving setting to look at, knowing that things have a way to go wrong when you least expect it.

To confirm, there are no plans to enable the Purge rarely viewed note content option by default. 

The feature only removes the local copy of the data. The issue @EdH mentioned occurs when the partially synced notes are moved, copied, exported, or duplicated. In those cases, the content can be restored from the original note or the trash notebook. 

• Ex Employees
3 hours ago, EdH said:

Thanks. Note that it happens even without Purge Sync. If you add files and notes from another machine or even the web, the windows client will miss the note content because it never downloaded them in the first place.

That's expected when On Demand Sync is enabled. I should have said that the issue can occur with  On Demand Sync or Purge rarely viewed note content enabled. 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:16 PM, Austin G said:

The Syncronization options that trigger this (On Demand Sync and Purge Sync) will continue to be off by default until this is fixed.

Err, was there ever a time when purge sync was on by default??  I was not even aware this was a feature until relatively recently, and while thankful it is off by default now,  it is a very unnerving setting to look at, knowing that things have a way to go wrong when you least expect it (my oldest data is from 2011, so 999 days is not nearly enough time, even if I have not looked at those notes for that long).

On the subject of losing data, I was losing data a year ago or so during another beta until I disabled on demand sync, set synchronize to daily (was going to disable it but was afraid I might forget to do it manually), and set automatic note saving to 600 or so, based on the general experience that data loss tend to occur most often while it is being changed.  I have had fewer problems with data loss this way.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks @EdHDefinitely not by design. We're still working on a fix for this one. Getting closer, but not quite there. The Syncronization options that trigger this (On Demand Sync and Purge Sync) will continue to be off by default until this is fixed.  When this occurs the original notes can be restored from the trash notebook. Thanks again for the report. 

Thanks. Note that it happens even without Purge Sync. If you add files and notes from another machine or even the web, the windows client will miss the note content because it never downloaded them in the first place.

another small bug when using the "tag browser":

if one has highlighted/clicked one tag and drags another tag into e.g. another tag stack, the earlier highlighted tag is also going with the dragged tag. So, in order to drag a tag, one has to click that tag (to clear any other highlighted/marked tags) and then click+drag the tag for the action to be "clean".

@PDF-Viewer: Fully agree - I voted to at least get back the old one ;-

@Dictionary: Sorry, cannot confirm this...

@Language: Please have a look to Tools -> Options -> Language -> Select languages  (Funktionen -> Optionen -> Sprache -> Sprachen auswählen) to allow to check for more than one language. But you are right: It would be fine to have an auto-detect feature to select the suitable spelling checker.

I have crossed my fingers, installed the new EN version on my new notebook and upgraded the desktop vom 6.7. So far it seems most of the things are working. Yes, the PDF viewer ist ... a very limited piece of software, seems more like a design study.

What also is lost is my user dictionary, so i have to redo all the spell checking. This seems to have occured in an update somewhere around february. A shame that this hasn't been fixed since.

I also noticed that notes in English are heavily underlined - my default language is German, so practically all my notes are in German except some web clippings. But obviously there never was a language detection in EN, so it does not seem as a regression.

3 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for this report. We're still working on a fix. We're able to reproduce this issue after tags are styled and synced to a second PC. One PC looks OK, the second PC is affected by this issue? Same on your end? 

That was the "jist of it" during my initial testing and reproduction phases of spotting this... today, however, I have several machines,  I believe all are in equal sync with invisible tags.  I've been styling most of my main tags with a color as opposed to "default color" (and bold, which I think was the 'triggering' factor for invisibility) just so I can be productive.  But the few tags I don't have re-styled yet, seem to be invisible on all machines.

• Level 5*
On 8/10/2018 at 7:27 AM, AndreasM said:

We all should boycott any new version on any device

I completely support your right to not install software or upgrades on any device you own.

11 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks. If you remember the note, please export it and DM me the .enex. I want to make sure we have this issue tracked. Thanks again. 

Just sent it. I am glad you asked for it as the note lost the image again even in 6.7.

• Ex Employees
12 hours ago, TK0047 said:

It was the Windows snipping tool then CTRL + ALT + V.

The image reappeared when I went back to 6.7 however. 

Thanks for the reply and follow up though.

Thanks. If you remember the note, please export it and DM me the .enex. I want to make sure we have this issue tracked. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, TK0047 said:

Did you check the online version?

Hi TK0047. I don't use the online version; in fact, I had forgotten it exists. I went there, and boy was I surprised. It used to be a fairly close replica of the Windows UI. Now, it's very different, and ... Never mind, I was going to list its shortcomings, but this is not the topic for that.

Anyway, the note content is there, so that proves that it really exists in the EN cloud. That's a good thing. I'm still gonna stay with 6.13 for now. Glutton for punishment is the hackneyed phrase that describes me at the moment. ?

1 hour ago, Radiophile said:

Since I upgraded from 6.7 to 6.13, I've noticed that one of my notes has gone missing. (I hope there aren't more like this.)

w1ja123.thumb.PNG.e00bb2ff8e555644809c53dc4c5f654f.PNG

You can see the note's snippet is still there, it still has content, and it still shows up when searched for. But the note itself is completely empty. I imported from Note History, but it too is empty. All of my Windows PCs have not yet been upgraded from 6.7. On a PC with 6.7 this note's contents are still visible.

Did you check the online version?

My lost content re-appeared after installing the 6.7 with the hotfix. So I would recommend that.

10 hours ago, Austin G said:

Catching up on this thread. Thanks for the report, and sorry for the upgrade/downgrade shuffle.

Do you happen to recall which app you used to capture the screenshot? Us or a third party? If it was a third party, how was the image added to the note after it was captured? 

It was the Windows snipping tool then CTRL + ALT + V.

The image reappeared when I went back to 6.7 however. 

Thanks for the reply and follow up though.

Another bug: In the note panel, the one that displays the note content, directly below the note title is a row that contains items such the name of the containing notebook, tags, URL of source, date, and a control to display the editing toolbar. If the URL is very long, it scrunches up the notebook name and tags items to its left, and moves the date and editing tool bar items completely off the right side of the EN window so that they are not reachable or usable. This is a problem because I can't control URL length, but I want the other controls in this row to be present and usable. It used to be (6.7 and previous) that the non-URL items would stay put, and the URL would be truncated to fit.

w1ja124.PNG.56a40560266ee6d461f98843b7218451.PNG

w1ja124.PNG

Edit: Sorry about the redundant 2nd image. I had to upload it twice to see it once in the preview while I was composing this post. And now I can't delete it.

Since I upgraded from 6.7 to 6.13, I've noticed that one of my notes has gone missing. (I hope there aren't more like this.)

w1ja123.thumb.PNG.e00bb2ff8e555644809c53dc4c5f654f.PNG

You can see the note's snippet is still there, it still has content, and it still shows up when searched for. But the note itself is completely empty. I imported from Note History, but it too is empty. All of my Windows PCs have not yet been upgraded from 6.7. On a PC with 6.7 this note's contents are still visible.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, EdH said:

They can. 

No software company can possibly keep updating older versions for security issues. Even Microsoft has given up on individual patches for their OS. Remember when you'd go to Windows Update and have 30 patches to apply? Today, it is one big update. They just do it all, and roll the platform forward, and for individuals, you cannot even block version updates, and Microsoft has at least a thousand times the number of employees than Evernote does. 

Software and security is too complex. Companies do this all of the time. I think it was Drupal a few months ago, a CMS for web sites, that had a serious bug and they basically said you must patch, and to patch, you were only given two versions to stick with, the current build, or the final build of the previous version. Evernote has done the same thing. You either move to 6.7.patched, or be on any version after 6.8 that didn't have the bug. They cannot go back to 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, etc. and fix all of that. They'd never get it right. No one would.

This is spot on, and rings true with my experience. Our company has a reputation for being extremely user-responsive, but we've stopped going back multiple versions to patch even critical problems. We do two or three releases of our application a year, in 32- and 64-bits, and have updated to 3 different compiler/SDK versions in the last 6 years, with many 3rd-party libraries. We take a lot of pains to keep the previous version well updated (though not nearly as well-tested; customers can use them at their own risk, but even so they tend to be pretty solid), but much more than that is just not feasible -- we're much too small. It's possible, but not worth it.  Once we move on, the version 2 iterations ago pretty much drops off the back. Evernote has done a good thing by patching a subset of old versions (that's not the same thing as saying that they executed it perfectly), but there's a limit.

And anyone who thinks that Evernote versions in the 6.4-6.7 range didn't have bugs never used them much, or weren't paying attention. They all have bugs.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, AndreasM said:

Microsoft, or any reputable company would never throw on its customers a version with tons of bugs. Evernote is doing that version after version totally ignoring its customers, their feedback and complains.

LOL! You must not have been bitten by the oft reported 100% reproducable bugs that caused blue-screens in the Windows 10 Anniversary update in the summer of 2016. 100% avoidable, yet it hit millions.

I'm not defending evernote, and I'm not very happy with the current state of afairs, but they are hardly the worst offender in the software world.

• Ex Employees
On 8/10/2018 at 9:19 AM, TK0047 said:

This is how one of my notes is this morning!

image.png.6fb4f666fefecde009b3d8d682f8f592.png

So whatever the screenshot I captured is one!! Note history does not show anything either!! So yesterday I captured something that was worth capturing but today I don't even have a clue what it was !!! REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!! right!!

This kind of stuff is unacceptable. I get that there will be bugs but this is losing content. Come on!!!! Soooo aggravated this morning. I was happy with 6.7!

Catching up on this thread. Thanks for the report, and sorry for the upgrade/downgrade shuffle.

Do you happen to recall which app you used to capture the screenshot? Us or a third party? If it was a third party, how was the image added to the note after it was captured? 

• Level 5*
On 8/10/2018 at 7:27 AM, AndreasM said:

Evernote should fix the security for the old Windows version. They cannot force us to upgrade to a not working version with tons of bugs.

They can. 

No software company can possibly keep updating older versions for security issues. Even Microsoft has given up on individual patches for their OS. Remember when you'd go to Windows Update and have 30 patches to apply? Today, it is one big update. They just do it all, and roll the platform forward, and for individuals, you cannot even block version updates, and Microsoft has at least a thousand times the number of employees than Evernote does. 

Software and security is too complex. Companies do this all of the time. I think it was Drupal a few months ago, a CMS for web sites, that had a serious bug and they basically said you must patch, and to patch, you were only given two versions to stick with, the current build, or the final build of the previous version. Evernote has done the same thing. You either move to 6.7.patched, or be on any version after 6.8 that didn't have the bug. They cannot go back to 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, etc. and fix all of that. They'd never get it right. No one would.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:27 AM, AndreasM said:

Evernote should fix the security for the old Windows version.

This topic links to a security hotfix for version 6.7.

I had been on 6.7 myself, until I got the Update Required email. I figured it had been so long since I updated, I should just jump in. Shoulda checked the forum first.

While I like the improved spell checker with its error underlining that actually works, and the app appears a bit faster in general, I'm already seeing many of the bugs that others have mentioned in this thread. For now I'll stay with 6.13; I hope the bugs are fixed soon. ?

8 hours ago, eric99 said:

Then just configure the note options as follows: "Set new note focus to title"

Now, when creating a new note, you can immediately fill in your title without EN interfering later on...

I am aware of this option but as Gustavgi already pointed out, this is solution is basically not related to the problem of already existing titles/notes being changed. 

It is actually a good feature that EN puts the cursor into the body and adds the first line as title for new notes as this shaves off a few seconds and therefore makes note taking a bit more efficient. But all this efficiency is lost when one has to "repair" titles because EN changes titles "arbitrarily" (as user usually doesn't remember/know whether it's an automatic title or not - while it's also unclear to me what exactly defines an "automatic title" as it seems that e.g. not all clipped notes seem to be considered automatic and if title is changed in clipper, it seems sticky? Complicated!).

I personally and in my setting and workflow just see no good reason - except to new/blank titles - why the first line should change the title. And if so, EN's behavior should be predictable - either always change or never but the "sticky/non-sticky title" design solution is in this form not practical and should at least have an option to switch it off :)

This is how one of my notes is this morning!

image.png.6fb4f666fefecde009b3d8d682f8f592.png

So whatever the screenshot I captured is gone!! Note history does not show anything either!! So yesterday I captured something that was worth capturing but today I don't even have a clue what it was !!! REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!! right!!

This kind of stuff is unacceptable. I get that there will be bugs but this is losing content. Come on!!!! Soooo aggravated this morning. I was happy with 6.7!

I just upgraded to 6.13 after being on 6.7 for a long time which was working out nicely for me until the latest security issue.

I am already disliking 6.13. My cursor disappears and up and down arrow keys start scrolling the note. I am not sure where the cursor goes to but unless I pick up the mouse and click in the note, I cannot get it back.

Not being able to hit ESC to go to the note list is a huge inconvenience for keyboard shortcut users.

I sure hope 7.0 will be a major jump from all these bugs and issues. 

Update:

SHIFT + END sometimes acts like a SHIFT + CTRL + END highlighting everything from the cursor all the way to the bottom of the note. Very annoying and inconvenient.

One more thing to be added to my post above. The issue with the note editing section losing focus the first time the cursor is placed inside is still present. This time I do not remember with which release the issue was introduced.

• Ex Employees
On 7/18/2018 at 10:10 PM, Austin G said:

@ej8899 Correction. This appears to be an Android issue. A fix is scheduled for the next Evernote for Android  release. (ver. 8.2). 

Drag&drop of attachments into a note body is still broken! It's been introduced with the 6.8 update if I recall.
It makes the note text become randomly mixed with the attached images! In the example below the PDF has been dropped precisely below the "Adobe Reader fuckup!"

Reference to the previous mention https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/110626-evernote-for-windows-68-ga/?do=findComment&comment=489788

irfan_20180725_083622.jpg

Might be user error in some what shape or form... but I'll try to duplicate it.  
In the mean time
, I had a marked up image have all the mark up notes disappear.

Notes initially added on  windows 6.13.14 - when viewing notes on ipad, noticed the markups gone... back to windows and markups gone.
Perhaps there are some device sync issues occurring like I've definitely noticed with shortcuts.

the snippet thumbnail shows a partial glimpse of where the notes were.

1580372580_evernotebug-missingmarkups.thumb.png.0fb7a9b7f6aa6039ac5e05825e222fdb.png

More testing and it did it again.  Wiped the notes off the windows markup - also seems to be generating an "untitled" note with the image (less markups) in the inbox(default) notebook each time.  You guys definitely have a cross platform sync problem going on here resulting in data loss.

Here's a screen shot of the iphone... not sure why it is showing two images in the snippet - one with changes, the other without.
Still no note edit history (that shows my markups).  Is this now an ios bug, windows desktop bug or a core evernote issue (web version is "markup free").

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.66a6c132836913982a2f7ed8ff5034ac.JPG

4 hours ago, EdH said:

Hmmm... I've been using Sync on Demand and Purge for over 2 years and have never seen an issue downloading. And I have tables, formatting, attachments, etc. in my notes. Anything in the activity log about it?

Nothing in there that seemed unusual.  As mentioned, I just hit "sync" and the notes "unavailable" downloaded just fine.

I haven't gone hunting through notes to see if I can replicate the problem again (yet anyway).

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

Purged notes aren't being handled too well when getting them back.  A manual sync solves the problem, but that error dialog doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of comfort.

Perhaps a more graceful message, or better yet, just "do the job" and download the note?

Hmmm... I've been using Sync on Demand and Purge for over 2 years and have never seen an issue downloading. And I have tables, formatting, attachments, etc. in my notes. Anything in the activity log about it?

Quirk/inconsistent view in "activity list"

see screen shot - not sure if this is supposed to have a sort order, but on my end, it doesn't appear to be alphabetical or in chronological order either.

I scroll through and get stuff from current then up to  a year ago, then months ago, then recent, then back to older stuff. ScreenClip2.thumb.png.62221d97248e944db10246789a42cfdb.png

Purged notes aren't being handled too well when getting them back.  A manual sync solves the problem, but that error dialog doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of comfort.

Perhaps a more graceful message, or better yet, just "do the job" and download the note?

ScreenClip.thumb.png.abf33516a2cb67084af1222453676d76.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, rezecib said:

So since I never order reminders it makes sense that mine represent the date/time they were created, good to know. 

Maybe it shouldn't be available as a column?

@Maddhin: This confused me often in the past - but knowing about this leads me to work around by extracting the file, changing its content outside, renaming and re-importing it instead of placing a bug report ;-). Now (after having seen that at least one other user is upset about this, I've placed a neutral bug report (not specific to 6.13 GA):

Hope they'll care for this like they should do in official support channels...

12 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report:   Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature. 

In a way it does make sense that it should disappear when the note is deleted, but considering how easy it is to accidentally delete or alter a note since there is no read-only feature, I think I prefer it the way it is, but would be fine if this could be disabled with a checkbox in options.

• Ex Employees
9 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report:

With note(s) pinned into the shortcuts section, deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect.  Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.  I say they should be removed from shortcuts if I'm deleting the note.

843764000_evernote-trashednotesstayinshortcuts.thumb.png.4e9362f54a6f636eca833d876184f61f.png

Thanks for this feedback. Currently, we don't remove the shortcut until the note is removed from the trash. Once the note is expunged, we'll remove its shortcut. 

• Ex Employees
On 7/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, Luís L. said:

- Still not possible to drag & drop pdf's - this issue breaks the workflow routine.

I will stay with the 6.75 version. After so many reports/complains  with this PDF drag & drop it is really not understandable at all why it was not fixed.

You should be able to Drag and Drop PDFs in to Evernote now. Drag and drop of PDF from Evernote still requires you to view the PDF as an attachment (right-click PDF > View as attachment) before you can drag. 

We're still working on bringing back the ability to drag and drop inline PDFs. Thanks for the report. 

• Ex Employees
On 7/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, CalS said:

Bug Report.

Still can't click in a note to set focus if there is something in the search bar.

On the positive side, this version is working well for my use case.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, hochbar said:

Really?? YOU HAVE NOT FIXED ISSUE OF LOOSING FOCUS OF CURSOR!!! Issue described here: 

Other users confirm existence of this issue. But you dont fix it!!!

I have click twice, with pause, in place of a note I need, because otherwise URL or copied text may be pasted at the end of the note, or nowhere pasted. More than year this problem have been existing. When will you fix it? It's impossible to use Evernote app!!

If you need screencast video with describing of issue just mail me and I will send it to you.

Thanks for these reports. We've identified the issue, and we are working on a fix. 

@hochbar This issue does not occur with version 6.7.5. Until this is fixed, you can uninstall the current GA, and install 6.7.5 using this link: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.5.5825.exe

@CalS and @hochbarThanks  for your patience and we work on the fix. 

1 hour ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report: ...Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.

This did not work ever, So it might be a bug (but not specific to current version). Shortcuts in EN work like bookmarks in browsers. Its simply a list of links with no control of their validity. If a web site goes away, the bookmarks remains "living". Maybe you want to place a feature request to a function like "Cleanup Shortcuts" on request.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ej8899 said:

deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect

Thinking about it,  I agree it's what you would expect,  but did it ever work that deleting a note would remove a shortcut linked directly to it?  If it did,  it's a bug n this version and we should get it fixed.  If not,  (and I don't remember seeing it work that way) this seems more like a design omission and therefore feature request than an actual bug... 

Maybe repeat the request in the general feedback forum to get some voting traction for a future update?

Bug report:

With note(s) pinned into the shortcuts section, deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect.  Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.  I say they should be removed from shortcuts if I'm deleting the note.

843764000_evernote-trashednotesstayinshortcuts.thumb.png.4e9362f54a6f636eca833d876184f61f.png

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Version 6.7 is still much more stable and reliable, but for those of us who went along for the ride, this is the calm after the storm.  Worth it?

I think I am going to disable updates entirely at this point until I see if QC is any better. I can see after 2 days after this was released forum support hasn't changed. ?

1 hour ago, Wux said:

Before I install a new Version of EN I check this forum. For the last months I have read the postings with growing bewilderment, and decided to stay at 6.7 (I think this is the last version before the ugly New Note button). Now I have a new notebook – and since the feedback to 6.13 for the first time in months doesn’t seem horrible, I think I will give it a try.

Going back and forth between versions can sometimes play havoc with you data, since the earlier versions don't handle well some of the changes in the newer versions.  It's safer staying put with either version.

Version 6.7 is still much more stable and reliable, but for those of us who went along for the ride, this is the calm after the storm.  Worth it?  We'll see.   :ph34r:

Before I install a new Version of EN I check this forum. For the last months I have read the postings with growing bewilderment, and decided to stay at 6.7 (I think this is the last version before the ugly New Note button). Now I have a new notebook – and since the feedback to 6.13 for the first time in months doesn’t seem horrible, I think I will give it a try.

Thanks to all here who are more brave then me.

14 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

@Maddhin: This confused me often in the past - but knowing about this leads me to work around by extracting the file, changing its content outside, renaming and re-importing it instead of placing a bug report ;-). Now (after having seen that at least one other user is upset about this, I've placed a neutral bug report (not specific to 6.13 GA):

Hope they'll care for this like they should do in official support channels...

Re "neutral bug report" (first I thought you refer to my passive-aggressive and occasionally sarkastic way of posting here LOL):

It seems to have become common practice to re-post the "ongoing" bugs in every new release thread here in order to "refresh attention at EN's side" as it is "commonly believed" that EN does not track bugs (efficiently or effectively).

I guess it would be helpful if somebody here starts to make and maintain a bug list so people do not have to re-report. But that poor soul would have to spent a fortune on sedatives and coffee at the same time to keep that list up-to-date. Maybe that's why nobody wants to do it on EN side neither...? ?

9 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for this feedback. Currently, we don't remove the shortcut until the note is removed from the trash. Once the note is expunged, we'll remove its shortcut. 

I like this behaviour  (as long as there is no ReadOnly mode or delete confirmation)

Bug report:

if you copy and paste a word/excel document WITHIN a note (not between notes, so copy a file in the note and paste same file in the same note), both files seem to be connected or are the same file. If one changes the file or renames it, the change is mirrored in both files.

I remember I lost a few original files not knowing the changes are "mirrored" so it is not a new problem but I haven't seen it reported here.

IMHO EN should not paste a file with same as already existing file name in one note but add "-copy" the same way e.g. Windows Explorer does it. IMHO another example of something I would consider "basic functionality" but which is not working. 

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I updated without any issues,  but since that time my web clipper has been balky - on one page I got the 'reload web page to clip' pop-up - several times after I reloaded each time (I was trying to clip a PDF file);  and on other pages since,  while the initial choices menu comes up,  clicking Save doesn't appear to work...  and then a couple of minutes later it does.  Very odd.  I'll restart my system in a while and see if it's just the heat or the time of day...

Edit:  Aaaaand....  everything seems back to normal after restarting the browser.  Odd,  though...

I can confirm this (FF60)

This is still an extremely problematic issue and has been for at least 19 months...

This is a less problematic one, but still should have been fixed by now, it's been 8 months!

Really?? YOU HAVE NOT FIXED ISSUE OF LOOSING FOCUS OF CURSOR!!! Issue described here: 

Other users confirm existence of this issue. But you dont fix it!!!

I have click twice, with pause, in place of a note I need, because otherwise URL or copied text may be pasted at the end of the note, or nowhere pasted. More than year this problem have been existing. When will you fix it? It's impossible to use Evernote app!!

If you need screencast video with describing of issue just mail me and I will send it to you.

- Still not possible to drag & drop pdf's - this issue breaks the workflow routine.

I will stay with the 6.75 version. After so many reports/complains  with this PDF drag & drop it is really not understandable at all why it was not fixed.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I updated without any issues,  but since that time my web clipper has been balky - on one page I got the 'reload web page to clip' pop-up - several times after I reloaded each time (I was trying to clip a PDF file);  and on other pages since,  while the initial choices menu comes up,  clicking Save doesn't appear to work...  and then a couple of minutes later it does.  Very odd.  I'll restart my system in a while and see if it's just the heat or the time of day...

Edit:  Aaaaand....  everything seems back to normal after restarting the browser.  Odd,  though...

Strange bug in 6.13.14.  I switched the left panel dark theme to light, when Evernote came back, all my notes disappeared, when I switched back to dark, Evernote didn't come back, the icon on the status bar disappeared, and trying  to run the program again did not bring it back, so I rebooted.   

I did confirm that when it was unresponsive and hiding, Evernote was still in memory per task manager.

I was able to repeat this process twice with the same results, in Windows 10.

---

I was not able to reproduce the same bug in Windows 7.  I wonder whether it is related to the fact that emojis don't work in the notebook list or the tag list (in Windows 7, they work fine in Windows 10).

Strange behavior not noticed before 6.13.14.7474 (307474):

I use a reference note with links on a separate window, to do some weekly editing of notes in the main window.  This has been working fine until this week, when it started jumping around between windows upon clicking a link, so I thought I would check the program options.

1-When "Open Note links from other applications in a new window" is not selected, clicking on links in a separate note window causes the link to be followed in the main window (not the expected behavior of course).

2-When "Open links from other applications in a new window" is selected, clicking on links in any note, whether on the main window or on a separate Evernote window causes the link to be followed in a new window.  Doing it again on the second window causes a third window to open.  Doing it again on the third window causes the link to be followed within the window, as it is supposed to in the first place.

I understood that option to refer to programs outside of Evernote only, and I never noticed this behavior until this weekend, when I tried my weekly editing of personal notes.

I was able to reliably reproduce this behavior in both Windows 10 and Windows 7.

___

I also noticed this version is generally more stable for my use as well.

• Level 5*

Bug Report.

Still can't click in a note to set focus if there is something in the search bar.

On the positive side, this version is working well for my use case.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

By the way, anybody knows why the order of responses in this forum is all over the place? it is hard to follow the conversation when the order is not strictly chronological. 

At the bottom of the top post are two sort options.  You can select vote sequence or date sequence.

F4630582-8075-4FA7-8F17-F7540591E34F.jpeg.923feb9bde8227dc6a572c12f3f22c81.jpeg

• Ex Employees
On 7/10/2018 at 9:23 AM, EdH said:

Are there any plans to fix the issue where merging notes will cause data loss, or is that by design?

Thanks @EdHDefinitely not by design. We're still working on a fix for this one. Getting closer, but not quite there. The Syncronization options that trigger this (On Demand Sync and or Purge Sync) will continue to be off by default until this is fixed.  When this occurs the original notes can be restored from the trash notebook. Thanks again for the report. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, eric99 said:

Now, when creating a new note, you can immediately fill in your title without EN interfering later on...

That has no effect on his clipped notes though.

2 hours ago, Maddhin said:

I just don’t want to have my first line messing with the title in general

1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

If you have ever changed the title directly in the past, Evernote remembers and will not modify it again unless you delete it, that maybe why you are noticing inconsistent behaviors.

Try it, delete the title, then click on the body or click another note, the title should automatically revert to the first line after a second or so. 

Then modify the first line of the body, followed by clicking on the title or another note, it should automatically change to what you wrote on the first line (there will be a delay for the title to change if you don't do one of those two actions after editing the first line). 

Now try changing the title only, and go back to the body.  The title should remain.

Thanks I really appreciate the effort but

1. do not want to have to test each note whether the title is sticky or not - it’s not efficient (or logical!)

2. I just don’t want to have my first line messing with the title in general :) I know that maybe people who use markdown or have a certain note „setup“ like to have the title and first line identical and edit title from the body but for me a title should be title and a body body :)  I do not like to have dublicate info (title and first line), as this doesn’t give me added value:) 

1 hour ago, Maddhin said:

And how do I know whether the title is sticky or not? And how - if the title is the first line - can I have this behavior constantly, always, permanently or vv.?  - Something missing here.

If you have ever changed the title directly in the past, Evernote remembers and will not modify it again unless you delete it, that maybe why you are noticing inconsistent behaviors.

Try it, delete the title, then click on the body or click another note, the title should automatically revert to the first line after a second or so. 

Then modify the first line of the body, followed by clicking on the title or another note, it should automatically change to what you wrote on the first line (there will be a delay for the title to change if you don't do one of those two actions after editing the first line). 

Now try changing the title only, and go back to the body.  The title should remain.

I previously noticed that if you change the title and click on another note without clicking on the body first, it would lose all changes to the title.  I cannot reproduce that behavior in the current version of Evernote, I guess they fixed it.

1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

It has been discussed before, it is by design, not a bug.  The title is the first line, until you change the title directly, then the title sticks.

The title is the first line?

Well, the thing is: it’s not working that way! At least not on my machines. I’m clipping a ton of notes and in say 1 out of 10 cases EN changes the title. In old notes its about 2-3 out of 10 notes where this happens.

If it is a feature it's almost worse: it's not working and needs fixing..! So I guess in this case I should be happy the feature is buggy...

But in any case: I do not understand why EN  insists to change EXISTING titles. In a lot of cases my automatic title is the title/headline and the text is in the body - so I sometimes have to go back to the original website, etc to retrieve the title - and wasting my time. 

There is just no logic to it - why would I write something new in the first line when I want to change an existing title? And how do I know whether the title is sticky or not? And how - if the title is the first line - can I have this behavior constantly, always, permanently or vv.?  - Something missing here.
2 hours ago, Maddhin said:

This has been discussed before but there is still no fix:

It has been discussed before, it is by design, not a bug.  The title is the first line, until you change the title directly, then the title sticks.

This has been discussed before but there is still no fix:

If one changes the first line in an existing note, EN tends to take that first line and automatically changes the note title to the text in that first line.

It's highly frustrating because there is also some lag and often I work so fast that I do not see the change and find it only later because there are all of sudden a couple of notes with the same title (as I often paste a link to the main note as first line in a note).

Can this behavior be stopped? It is fine for notes without title (e.g. new notes) but EN should not be allowed to change already existing titles!!!

5 hours ago, Don Dz said:

At random times (mostly when navigating to another note, usually via a link), the Editing toolbar just disappears, then it may reappear when going to another note, though it reappears more reliably by going back to the previous note before it disappeared.

Yes, I see this behavior as well. It kind a reappears again at some point after "clicking a few times in the note".

Very similar: the "label this picture" option for pictures is also disappearing and often very slowly becoming available for newly posted pictures.

Both bugs are small but nevertheless highly annoying as they disturb the workflow and distract.

I don't recall whether this has been discussed already.  It is a relatively minor bug, but annoying just the same.

At random times (mostly when navigating to another note, usually via a link), the Editing toolbar just disappears, then it may reappear when going to another note, though it reappears more reliably by going back to the previous note before it disappeared. 

The only thing I noticed about it is that it seems to disappear in the presence of some notes (or via link navigation, not consistently), but usually reappears by clicking in the back history button (clicking forwards will usually not make it disappear again).

Memorizing some of the keyboard shortcuts helps (pressing F8 of course too), but it would be good if this was fixed. 

I am fairly sure this bug has been around through several versions of Evernote, just not sure how far back.

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

At the bottom of the top post are two links to select the sort sequence.  You can select vote sequence or date sequence.

Got it, thanks.  I wonder if this can be set by default somehow.

• Ex Employees
On 7/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, ej8899 said:

Good version so far in my testing too... sync errors gone (from what I can tell so far), work chat even seems to be back working.

Still existing:  Tags turn "invisible". Reported 2018-03-21 (still in 6.13.14)

Thanks for this report. We're still working on a fix. We're able to reproduce this issue after tags are styled and synced to a second PC. One PC looks OK, the second PC is affected by this issue? Same on your end? 

A single editor on multiple platforms would be ok if i the data actually looked consistently the same and the editor behaved mostly the same across platforms. 

My concern would be that this means Evernote will never be any better than the javascript it is based on.  This helps explain why some important feature requests are not implemented, and some apparently trivial ones are.

I don't have fond memories of javascript programs personally, maybe this has changed over the years.  I generally avoid browser based programs, unless required for work.

---

By the way, anybody knows why the order of responses in this forum is often all over the place? it is hard to follow the conversation when the order is not strictly chronological. 

1 hour ago, eric99 said:

Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms

This. One of the reasons it's called the "Common Editor" :)

(You really don't want every platform implementing their own editors. We have enough issues as it is!)

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Thanks for the answer. My question was more, why is it written in javascript in the first place? Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms (write once, run everywhere) ?

So now some of the reasons for the speed issues are coming to light....

No one expects a browser to perform like a desktop app, but now we have a desktop app performing like a browser, because it is a browser. ?

14 minutes ago, dconnet said:

Actually, it's far from simple!

The editor itself is javascript which runs in a browser. So we need a browser. A stable one we can target. Trying to get that javascript stable in 53354 different IE versions is not going to happen. Remember, we _just_ dropped Windows XP support (so the number of IE versions we'd have to support is probably higher).

Thanks for the answer. My question was more, why is it written in javascript in the first place? Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms (write once, run everywhere) ?

On 7/15/2018 at 1:39 AM, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor.

Actually, it's far from simple!

The editor itself is javascript which runs in a browser. So we need a browser. A stable one we can target. Trying to get that javascript stable in 53354 different IE versions is not going to happen. Remember, we _just_ dropped Windows XP support (so the number of IE versions we'd have to support is probably higher).

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor. Now they are dependent on Google which is famous for suddenly stopping products or breaking API's...

Reminds me of the EN 4.x days for Windows when it was built on the Microsoft .NET framework, and was notoriously unreliable.

And this explains why the editor is so horrible in the current versions. It doesn't behave at all like an editor should. The cursor moves around on you, jumping from the bottom to the top, or from the note to the subject line. 

I am sure the EN developers are playing whack-a-mole with the Chromium API trying to keep up or figure out how all of the features are supposed to come together.

I'm not at all impressed with the direction EN has taken since the new CEO came on board. It is as buggy as ever, and jumping into bed with Google so deeply has caused no end of problems for end users. 

1 minute ago, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor. Now they are dependent on Google which is famous for suddenly stopping products or breaking API's...

Completely agree. Seems very limited as a choice for editor. But I guess it could have something to do with the fact hat Evernote has close ties with Google. The current CEO is ex Google guy. They also forced adding chrome PDF viewer that no one likes if I'm not mistaken. The more Google stuff I hear the less things seem to work as they should. 

29 minutes ago, Wux said:

The Wikipedia entry to CEF1 vs CEF3 shows that CEF1 is no longer supported - so EN had to upgrade sometime. ?

14 hours ago, eric99 said:

Features disappeared due to heavy refactoring from CEF1 to CEF3 framework.  We can only hope they finally stop their obsession rewriting the same piece of code again and again...

The Wikipedia entry to CEF1 vs CEF3 shows that CEF1 is no longer supported - so EN had to upgrade sometime. CEF3 is multithreaded, while CEF1 is singlethreaded, so EN should be much faster ?.

But I do understand that rewriting the code base to a multithreading model is heavy work, is likely to break a lot of things, and is a massive challenge to programmers used to singlethreading. It would have been better to be open about this change, tell people why this is necessary, and stop regular updates for half a year until a decent version is ready for GA.

I do not think that anyone at EN wanted to break PDF workflows or thinks even remotely, that the feature-less version is better then the old one. But it seems they seriously underestemated the work needed for switching frameworks, so I guess it will be another few versions until all the functionality is back.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:56 AM, AndreasM said:

I suggested long time ago to boycott any new installation on all devices and OS.

EN is aware of all this bugs and still releasing new version.

Statement like we are working on bringing back this feature is ridiculous, why did you remove it in first place.

And all you gurus here, please do not respond here and defend the company. 

I am far from an EN guru, and I do understand that you are angry. But I don't see how your rambling is improving anything, and I really don't like being told to not be allowed to say what I have to say.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

Features disappeared due to heavy refactoring from CEF1 to CEF3 framework.  We can only hope they finally stop their obsession rewriting the same piece of code again and again...

All those changes to the PDF features that (checks forums) no one asked for. 

I despise the new pdf rendering and features in the Windows version. 

11 hours ago, AndreasM said:

Statement like we are working on bringing back this feature is ridiculous, why did you remove it in first place.

Archived