Faster Login

petermt

Idea

Hi :)

This has probably been bought up quite a few time, but I want to mention it again anyways.
I'm already signed up to evernote. When I go to evernote.com (because that's the first thing my browser suggests when I start typing),
in order to login, I have to click on login, which is not ideal, but ok (most services recognize logged in users and forward them to their dashboard).

But then, I first need to enter my username, before the password field appears, which is bad for lastpass and similar services,
and when it does appear, it doesn't happen quickly, but is a really slow animation!?

I'd suggest changing that. Just show both fields so my password manager can fill in the details.

Thank you! :)
Peter

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Yup.  It has been mentioned a few times already,  including by me.  I do see that several web pages I use regularly follow the same pattern - I guess it's something to do with security and avoiding 'bot logins.  I was on LastPass,  but now use Bitwarden and if I just hit the autocomplete button it fills in whatever part of the password box is visible,  so it's two taps to get through security rather than one.  Not a major hassle.

• Level 5*
On 7/6/2018 at 2:41 AM, petermt said:

in order to login, I have to click on login

You can save one step by bookmarking the login page

Archived