Can we associate a specific tag to a notebook to organize notes easily?

I have been using evernote premium for about 5 years now. Over the years, number of tags & notebooks have only been increasing and organizing notes has become a pain & i'm looking for better ways.

In terms of workflow, every time a user creates a note, he/she can add a tag to it and move it to a specific notebook.

Instead of this workflow, is it possible to associate a default tag with a notebook and organize/move any newly created note with that specific tag into the associated notebook automatically?

In this case, workflow for the user would be - create a note & add a tag. User does not have to explicitly move the note to any notebook.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Raghav said:

In terms of workflow, every time a user creates a note, he/she can add a tag to it and move it to a specific notebook.

Which platform(s)?

I use a script (Mac) to assign my tags/notebook; it would be easy to associate the notebook with the tag.

It seems redundant.  The tag has identified the note; what purpose does the notebook serve?
I can see a use case; All notes for project abc (tag) get assigned to to a shared notebook for team access.
Other than these special purpose notebooks, my notes are assigned to notebook FilingCabinet

18 hours ago, DTLow said:

Which platform(s)?

I use a script (Mac) to assign my tags/notebook; it would be easy to associate the notebook with the tag.

It seems redundant.  The tag has identified the note; what purpose does the notebook serve?
I can see a use case; All notes for project abc (tag) get assigned to to a shared notebook for team access.
Other than these special purpose notebooks, my notes are assigned to notebook FilingCabinet

I use both mac/windows.  what kind of script are you talking about?

I realize that the simplest suggestion would be to use the tag itself as a hashing key or notebook.

but then like you mentioned, there are benefits in organizing notes in specific notebooks (i think of it as folders). 

I use hazel on my mac to tag and organize/move files  (particularly downloaded files ) to specific folders based on the tag.

I'm essentially looking for some similar mechanism for notes.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Raghav said:

I use both mac/windows.  what kind of script are you talking about?

My scripts are AppleScript on a Mac.  You're possibly using AppleScript in your Hazel process.
In processing notes in my Inbox (default notebook)  I use a dialog to identify the note type
     choose from list notetypeList877244659_ScreenShot2018-07-07at10_26_36.png.2896fa71ef96b196a815eb6e6237e82c.png
     with prompt "Specify Note Type"

with multiple selections allowed
After further dialogs, I assign title, tags, notebook, reminder, calendar, ...
     assign tag theTag to theNote
     move theNote to notebook theNotebook

Archived