Numbered lists: Set Number to...

Steve Escott

Idea

I couldn't find this in previous posts - forgive me if I missed it...

Often I find that in long numbered lists there is a glitch that causes the numbers to reset to 1. I then have to waste a lot of time trying to find the spot that the glitch occurred (sometimes it's a shift-return that went bad, or something like that).

It would be helpful if one were able to just right click on the problematic number and set it to the number of our choice.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TomCog said:

I disagree that this is a "nice to have" feature...it's a basic function of every note-taking or word-processing app I've ever used. 

To indicate your support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

It"s definitely a basic word processing function 

• Like 1

I understand you because it infuriates me too. I definitely agree with you, it would be very nice to have such a feature. I hope that the developers are going to implement it somehow, because it would be much more comfortable to work with the numbers. By the way, the the last number that I was working with was ending in 666. It's freaking me out, what if it's not a simple coincidence? I believe in such mystical stuff, and have read a lot about stuff like this on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-646-meaning/. Is it a sign or something like that ?

I disagree that this is a "nice to have" feature...it's a basic function of every note-taking or word-processing app I've ever used. 

The word "note" is in the name of the product.

I just made a pretty complicated numbered list using this simple text editor I'm typing in right now, going 4 levels deep and adding/removing lines throughout the list, and it performs better than the Evernote client.

Is that irony?

Maybe Evernote can just this editor instead.