(Archived) can't access evernote

p2ranger

I just updated my samsung moment to android 2.1. I'm reinstalling all my apps and am doing evernote now. When I enter in the information for login (user/pass) it goes to a black screen, does nothing for a bit and then goes back to the home screen. Any ideas why its doing this now?

And I have tried rebooting the phone

Thanks

Jason

It sounds like the application is crashing on the device. You could try installing the latest beta release from:

http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta

If that doesn't work, there would be more detailed information in the system logs. Unfortunately, these are a little bit of a hassle. (You need a third-party app like aLogcat to really get good access to them.) If you're willing to dig a bit to help track down this problem, I can contact you directly with instructions.

Thanks

For anyone else who may have this porblem, here is the solution. I followed Evernote's recomendation. I sent them a copy of the log generated after trying to open evernote. They told me it looked like it was trying to write to a previous Evernote folder on my SD card. I unistalled Evernote from my phone and deleted the Evernote directory from my SD card. I then reinstalled Evernote and it works great.

Thanks again staff

Jason

Archived