(Archived) Scanning in pages as 16 pages

I see from some notes on the site that one can scan in a page which has been folded 3 times (gives 8pp or 16pp back and front) and use the folded paper in a AbrAsus wallet. How does one do this so that each page (eg 1/8 page) is recognised asa separate note - are they titled from the heading on the top of the page? Thx.

This doesn't automatically create 16 different scans. Instead, you want to write in the same direction on each of the sections and then scan the entire page as a single JPEG. Then, you should be able to read and search for the handwriting on that page.

Thx but that doesn't sound terribly useful... since each small page may be a separate note how might one divide them up and save them as separate notes? I would say that the impression one might get from your illustration on your site is that this is less useful than the reality demonstrates. Why bother to save 16 notes as one rather than individual ones? Thanks for any help on this - I wanted to buy the AbrAsus but now I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

since each small page may be a separate note how might one divide them up and save them as separate notes?

Well, you could use a guillotine or scissors to physically detatch them and then scan them in. Even my cheap HP scanner allows you to place a bunch of different items on the plate and it scans them in as different jpgs. Then I throw them into an import Folder. They go into EN as seperate notes.

Even my cheap HP scanner allows you to place a bunch of different items on the plate and it scans them in as different jpgs
So why can't one scan in one page which is 8 separate items amd save them as 8 different notes - what does your scanner recognise which separates the notes you've chopped up?

What it detects (I think) are the edges of the bits of paper.

Actually, I can do it manually as well without cutting the paper.

The scanner scans the whole page and then shows a preview image of it. The software shows what it is going to take from that image (usually the whole page but if it is a page with not much on it, the software usually detects that fact and reduces the area it will offer to capture).

In the image preview the area to be rendered delivered as an image is highlighted with a dashed line and drag handles.

I can re-size that area and I can also drag drag it to a different region on the image. I can also then insert a new selection and drag a new selection box over another area of the page, so that I now have 2 areas that will rendered as different images onto my PC. I can keep going and add as many selections as I wanted. Each area is rendered as a different scanned image.

I'm at work now but when I get home I'll re-post with the model number of the scanner.

My HP scanner software functions the way TheGurkha's does. (HP Scanjet 4890.) But even if you scan pieces of paper as a single image, most (all?) image editing software includes the ability to crop. So if you can't figure out how to separate the notes at the time of scanning, just do it after the fact. NBD.

Archived