Analyst444

Date/Time Stamp in EN iOS

Idea

I have a variety of Notes in which I create a list of events. I start each item on the list with the date/time. With EN iOS, I have to type it in manually. I don't want to create a Note for each event, as I include other related information in the Note. I want to take the whole information picture into account at one time.

It's been 2-3 years since I submitted an official enhancement request for a button on the Note screen that will enter the current system date/time at the insert point. It hasn't happened, yet.

Should I give up hope?

• Like 2

8 replies to this idea

I use Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) or Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)
on my iPad Pro (external keypad).  It's a standard for Mac and IOS

There seems to be little interest in an on screen button; but never say never.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Analyst444 said:

I have a variety of Notes in which I create a list of events. I start each item on the list with the date/time. With EN iOS, I have to type it in manually. I don't want to create a Note for each event, as I include other related information in the Note. I want to take the whole information picture into account at one time.

It's been 2-3 years since I submitted an official enhancement request for a button on the Note screen that will enter the current system date/time at the insert point. It hasn't happened, yet.

Should I give up hope?

Do you happen to use something like Text Expander? That's what I use when I need the date and time entered on my iPhone. On my iPad I use the external keyboard like @DTLow

22 hours ago, Analyst444 said:

Should I give up hope?

I use the CTRL + ; for the date and time stamp on Windows app everyday when I am updating my notes and I would love a button in the iOS app for the same. 

Rebellions are built on hope...we all should keep on hoping. :) 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, DTLow said:

I use Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) or Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)
on my iPad Pro (external keypad).  It's a standard for Mac and IOS

There seems to be little interest in an on screen button; but never say never.

Not all of are using the iOS app with a keyboard. I am often on my phone 

- I have repeatedly suggested a ribbon above the keyboard with all of these input short cuts. Other apps aplenty do this; why the lag in Evernote ?