Evernote for Mac 7.3 Beta 1

Chantal Leonard

Hi Folks - 

We've made our first beta of version 7.3 available. Please download it here, or check for updates. 

This beta has a large number of bug fixes - we've called out the notable ones in the release notes below; this version also improves the relevance of search results. 

Please note we've identified an issue where the note list column is not saving its width adjustment after the app is restarted, or the Evernote account is changed. We're working on a fix for a future update.

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Mac Team

-----------------------

Version 7.3 Beta 1

Fixed:

• All Notes is highlighted until a notebook is selected from the sidebar
  • Spotlight Search not Working
  • Searching stop words returns results for notes with attachments
  • Annotating PDFs: PDF indexing failed error
  • Clicking the arrow in breadcrumbs for a space takes you to the backing notebook
  • Certain cases where items in sidebar were unable to expand/collapse due to an exception
  • A crash when interacting with the Formatting preferences pane and the Font selection panel
  • Preferences: Incorrect web link opens after clinking on "Go To Mac Forum…" in Software Update pane
  • Client becomes unresponsive if searching for a term with no results while an image is viewed in full screen
  • Fix crash with saved search
  • macOS 10.14 Mojave: Fix crash with image scaling
  • Dragging image to desktop creates Text Clipping file

Improved:

• New sidebar highlighting behavior when opening a notebook from the notebook kingdom
  • Search results by relevance have been improved - please let us know what you think. Results can be sorted by relevance by changing the sort options for the results.
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Please note we've identified an issue where the note list column is not saving its width adjustment after the app is restarted, or the Evernote account is changed. We're working on a fix for a future update.

?

At least a fix is in the works.

10 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Version 7.3 Beta 1

Fixed:

• All Notes is highlighted until a notebook is selected from the sidebar

This is fixed… sort of. If I select a note in my Shortcuts, the highlight continues to jump to "All Notes"

14 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

We've made our first beta of version 7.3 available. Please download it here, or check for updates. 

Thank you so much for getting this to work on Mojave so quickly. Much appreciated. I know there are other bugs you are working on, but this is a great start. Woo Hoo!  Thank you!

10 hours ago, Actors said:

Only this you repair? Evernote crash when sync all notes.... in Mojave.

I looked in our crash repository and don't see any crashes submitted from your email. Can you crash Evernote and submit the crash to us through the pop up window you receive after relaunching Evernote? 

DM me if you use a different email than the one you use for this forum thread.

Regards,

3 hours ago, macfixer said:

This is fixed… sort of. If I select a note in my Shortcuts, the highlight continues to jump to "All Notes"

Thanks for bringing that up. We already have a bug filed for that and we're working on a fix!

13 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

This release made my day :)

Yep, me too! Even though I made a copy of my hard drive before installing macOS 10.14, it became unusable. I was dead in the water, despite having access to the web version of EN. It's just not the same, and it's like trying to play the violin in a phone booth.

21 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:
  • Preferences: Incorrect web link opens after clinking on "Go To Mac Forum…" in Software Update pane

My "pet" bug has been fixed! Thank you so much!

7.3 Beta 1 works with macOS 10.14 so at least I can now use it. However, I'm having trouble with the App not knowing where it lives. Just for the heck of it, I wanted to run 'Check for Updates' from the drop-down menu. This is the response...

Evernote can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move Evernote to your Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again.

Well, I did all of that even though it was already in the Applications Ifolder. Still, I uninstalled the App, trashed all of the pref .pst files, ran Disk Utilities Disk First Aid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, when viewing any note, the name of the associated notebook is now inexplicably truncated and unreadable, despite tons of horizontal white space. This is not helpful.

Also, dragging images from Evernote to the desktop is still broken. About 80% of the time, what gets dragged is an empty text clipping, instead of the image. I often have to repeat the dragging process 4-8 times before the image is successfully dragged. I reported this months and months ago. No fix.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.53.16 pm.png

I recently changed the stacks and notebooks structure in my Evernote. However, despite installing the 7.3 Beta 1 the Evernote is not syncing to the new structure. Moreover, when I try to delete a notebook, the Evernote crashes.

4 hours ago, viveknz76 said:

I recently changed the stacks and notebooks structure in my Evernote. However, despite installing the 7.3 Beta 1 the Evernote is not syncing to the new structure. Moreover, when I try to delete a notebook, the Evernote crashes.

This is a known bug with the upsync of your stacks. Can you try force syncing your client to see if it helps? Hold down OPTION + SHIFT and press the sync wheel on your toolbar. 

Did you submit your crash to us? I'd like to take a look. 

6 hours ago, nicolml said:

This is a known bug with the upsync of your stacks. Can you try force syncing your client to see if it helps? Hold down OPTION + SHIFT and press the sync wheel on your toolbar. 

Did you submit your crash to us? I'd like to take a look. 

That worked. Thanks. I’ve messaged you the crash report. 

• Shane D. unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Shane D. locked this topic

Archived