Never had the problem before on my phone with the free version -- a note became corrupted (giberish characters instead of note). I went and logged in on the desktop PC version and saw the note partly readable and changed the title -- however it was very old data (missing all of my new notes). It then showed up on my android as conflicted note copy -- so now I have the corrupted version and the new conflicted version that is actually a note from months ago :-/.  It won't let me see the history because it's the free version. Obviously a bug of some sort caused this, but I can't find any way to get to the correct info and no support help to recover it? Any helps? If free version is not reliable, is my only recourse to post a negative rating on the app store? Thanks for any thoughts.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Because you are logged into Evernote on two separate devices,  the updates you make on one will overwrite the version currently stored on the other unless you very carefully sync each device both before and after you make any changes.  It's not a bug,  it's the way Sync works.  Your note contents - if they were synced to Evernote - will be in Note History;  but AFAIK a paying subscription - even if only for one month - is required for access.  You could try contacting Evernote Support to see whether they can help more - we're a (mainly) user-supported Forum,  not Evernote HQ.

Thank you -- Yes, I understand that I created the duplicate one by logging into another device. but the original one was corrupted before ever logging into the other device --then when the other one came up on the other device it was an old version and saved it It would appear that the bug happened on the android device that somehow corrupted the file -- and apparently no way to get anything back?

• Level 5*
On 6/25/2018 at 7:35 PM, SWiiki said:

-- and apparently no way to get anything back?

Other than via Note History or (possibly) Evernote Support,  as previously mentioned,  no.  The 'corruption' may have been a display issue rather than a lost note - it's always best to check via another platform if you see something strange.  A desktop or web view may have been clear.  Recovering the content of the note is the first priority anyway,  whether it appears corrupted or not.  If it has been lost there will be no other way to get back to it,  unless there's possibly a copy of this note on a device you've not yet connected to the server to 'update' it.  Sorry not to be more help.

Archived