Data processing for visualization

bradkrause67

My Evernote research has spanned 5 years and has resulted in 15k notes, several dozen notebooks, over 750 tags and over 350 notes with more than 100 tags possible.

My ideal intent would be able to visualize these notes dynamically connected through tag association (i.e. Kumu, PersonalBrain, Tufts University VUE, others?) with an eye on publishing static web maps to the information set with dynamic associations animated within the data.

Likewise I would like to extract my tag vocabulary and their assignment stats from Evernote for easy integration into word cloud images. See prototype example.

Finally publish these notes to a robust CMS that can take advantage of the tagging or allow expansion beyond the 100 tag limit. With commenting for each note, RSS etc.

Any Ideas?

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, bradkrause67 said:

My ideal intent would be able to visualize these notes dynamically connected through tag association (i.e. Kumu, PersonalBrain, Tufts University VUE, others?) with an eye on publishing static web maps to the information set with dynamic associations animated within the data.

Likewise I would like to extract my tag vocabulary and their assignment stats from Evernote for easy integration into word cloud images.

I'm a fan of using other apps to extend my data use beyond the Evernote featureset.

There are cloud services which integrate with Evernote, and I use a Mac to share/export my data.

I'm looking for specific Visualization recommendations or people who have created dynamic visual reports from Evernote exports based on the tag association of the notes. Word clouds are also of interest, and I see that have been discussed on the forums several times. 

I am a fan of using whatever works and I used to have a Mac, but now I use a Windows machine, a Android Tablet and would even use a WearOS if there was an Evernote Client.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:38 PM, bradkrause67 said:

I'm looking for specific Visualization recommendations or people who have created dynamic visual reports from Evernote exports based on the tag association of the notes. Word clouds are also of interest, and I see that have been discussed on the forums several times. 

I am a fan of using whatever works and I used to have a Mac, but now I use a Windows machine, a Android Tablet and would even use a WearOS if there was an Evernote Client.

Not sure this will be what exactly you are looking for. But as far as visualization of Evernote and connections between notes go, "Tangle" sounded like they are coming up with a solution. You can sign up for the Beta and test it when it comes out. 

Of course, this does not really solve your current problem or immediate needs but something to keep in mind for future. I am sure that @Myles McGinley will be glad to answer questions or provide more information too.

Indeed! We are in the midst of finishing up our alpha version of Tangle and will be releasing over the next couple weeks.

To be clear, we automatically create a graph visualization of your notes based on your content and the connections Tangle finds between your notes.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, @bradkrause67, for asking the question.  Happy that both @DTLow and @TK0047 share the same interest and most of all that @Myles McGinley has a possible solution.  I love my EN habit and yet I have been feeling a little dated with the many Ai programs that I use for work.  Especially since I was a personal user before becoming a business/Spaces user, and ECC.  I will check out Tangle.

• 3 months later...

Hello @bradkrause67 and @DTLow — you might be interested in this tool that visualizes your evernote as a network, identifying the main topics and how they're related. It also shows you the gaps in your notes, so you can see how to develop your research further. You can try it on www.infranodus.com — check out the video to see how it looks :)

• 4 weeks later...

@noduslabs I signed up back on January 7, 2016.  😲  Rather than dwell on that experience, I'll give you a second chance.

Password recovery worked (autofill user name had % for spaces and failed, worked on retyping my user name).

The service seems greatly improved from the first try, I'll see what else I can break, thanks.

Archived