(Archived) Copy and Paste

wilsonhines

To be sure you've had an earful regarding this? But, I'll give you a simple work flow and I will show you where it breaks down.

I get an e-mail from Amazon.com with a tracking code for my shipment. On the Mac, I throw the tracking code over into Evernote. Then I pull out my HTC EVO and open Evernote and there's the note RE the shipment. But, I can't copy and paste that code to the UPS app? That tracking code is locked in and I can't copy and paste it anywhere? Or am I missing something? I am a new evernote user, so please be patient.

Thanks

Wilson Hines

wilsonhines AT gmail.com

http://twitter.com/wilsonhines

http://profiles.google.com/wilsonhines

I wasn't aware that didn't work. (I thought it would work automatically based on the user interface controls that we are using.)

I'll file a bug, thanks.

Actually, the standard mechanism for selecting and copying on the Android works with our notes: hold down the shift key on the keyboard and then drag your finger over the desired text. (I just tested this on my Droid, and it worked.)

Most Android devices do not have physical keyboards. The trick does not work with soft keyboards (at least not mine-Droid X). If the note is a text only note you can select edit. In the editor you can copy text with a long press. This only works with text notes. If you have a embedded picture you're out of luck.

Most Android devices do not have physical keyboards. The trick does not work with soft keyboards (at least not mine-Droid X). If the note is a text only note you can select edit. In the editor you can copy text with a long press. This only works with text notes. If you have a embedded picture you're out of luck.

Same for me with an HTC Magic with Evernote. Text notes I can copy & paste, but only be editing the note. For other rich text notes I cannot do anything.

In GMail I cannot actually copy anything.

I'm not sure how big the clipboard is on Android, but even if you had a "Copy all text" option would be better than nothing.

Can you copy and paste from within the Gmail app on your Android phone?

Android 2.1 doesn't support copy and paste within the Gmail application. Android 2.2 incorporates that feature, but compared to the iPhone copy and paste support in the OS is rather poor.

Ok, thanks. It sounds like the OS may not give very much help for copy/paste in richtext display, so I've filed a feature request to see if we can roll our own solution on non-keyboard devices.

Archived