Evernote for iOS - Multi-page hand written notes

Jiri Brejcha

Idea

Re-posting from other forum and absolutely agree with this: 

"I am a very big Evernote fan using this application in my business environment. Here I especially make use of the feature of taking hand written notes with my iPad and my Apple Pencil. By doing so I'm constantly facing one issue:
When finishing 1 hand written page there's no easy way to add a second page in order to keep a natural note flow. Instead, the page needs to be saved and then the cursor needs to be put after the note before another hand written page can be inserted manually. This process hurts to be honest."

OneNote and other apps do the canvas expansion/page addition much better. Please don't let me go I am a long-term Evernote fan, user and Premium customer.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You should consider the format you're using for handwriting.  Images aren't the best format for multi-page notes.

One of the great things about Evernote is that you're not restricted to the Evernote editor.
A note can contain files of any format.

On my iPad, I use the Notability app for my handwritten notes.  
I store the handwriting in Evernote in pdf or native format, or both.
I have no problem with multi-page handwritten notes.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, Jiri Brejcha said:

Re-posting from other forum and absolutely agree with this: 

"I am a very big Evernote fan using this application in my business environment. Here I especially make use of the feature of taking hand written notes with my iPad and my Apple Pencil. By doing so I'm constantly facing one issue:
When finishing 1 hand written page there's no easy way to add a second page in order to keep a natural note flow. Instead, the page needs to be saved and then the cursor needs to be put after the note before another hand written page can be inserted manually. This process hurts to be honest."

OneNote and other apps do the canvas expansion/page addition much better. Please don't let me go I am a long-term Evernote fan, user and Premium customer.

Yes, I agree there SHOULD be better handwriting support on Evernote for people who take long, multi page notes. 

I don't understand why they would introduce this feature with out the ability to have multi-page notes;  without leaving the page and going back in the handwriting screen.  What is frustrating is that the android app has the "+" ability.  

On 6/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, DTLow said:

On my iPad, I use the Notability app for my handwritten notes.  
I store the handwriting in Evernote in pdf or native format, or both.
I have no problem with multi-page handwritten notes.

@DTLow I am trying the Notability app as I am using my iPad and Apple Pencil much more to take notes.  I have not stored any notes in Evernote yet.  Is there an integration?

• Level 5*
On 9/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, SVHOODS said:

@DTLow I am trying the Notability app as I am using my iPad and Apple Pencil much more to take notes.  I have not stored any notes in Evernote yet.  Is there an integration?

I replied previously that there's no integration; I just use the share menu

I should also have mentioned format.
I use pdf format; Evernote works well with pdfs 
If there is extensive audio recording, I also save in the native .note format.  Notability has a great feature with audio playback synchronized to the text notes.  You can skip ahead or backwards.

Archived