? Shortcut for "Copy internal link"

MacherTVPeter

Idea

I am using Evernote for my GTD Setup. I link my next actions to my projects. Right now I need to go to the top of the note, click on "note" and from there "copy internal link".

Please create a shortcut for "Copy internal link". 

1934884890_EvernoteforumGTD.thumb.jpg.566c6d02bb9a5c413ccfe49667118829.jpg

• Like 1

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MacherTV_Peter said:

Please create a shortcut for "Copy internal link". 

2097404683_ScreenShot2018-06-19at07_20_30.png.7d1ed8ef1db8330605f6a8bad4dffb2d.png

My Mac has a shortcut for Copy Note Link

>>I am using Evernote for my GTD Setup. I link my next actions to my projects. 

For my processing, tasks and projects are linked with a tag
tag: !Project-aaaaaaaaaa

I list my project notes in title sequence, and use a prefix to control the sequence 
     -Project Master Note
     ttTask (Next Action)
     tTask
     tTask

Misc. Project Note

• Level 5*

Looks like Windows to me. The Windows 6.13.2 beta version has entries for the "Copy Internal Link" command on the main menu Note item and the context menu for when you right click on a note in the note list; both of these show an associated shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+L

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jefito said:

Looks like Windows to me. The Windows 6.13.2 beta version has entries for the "Copy Internal Link" command on the main menu Note item and the context menu for when you right click on a note in the note list; both of these show an associated shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+L

Hi, Yes I forgot to mention. I am using the windows client. I can right click on the note and copy an internal link from the pop-up menu. I also see the shortcut this way STRG+SHIFT+L. However, this is not my workflow. If I am inside a note, I would have to search the note outside the main note windows. This way I could apply the STRG+SHIFT+L Shortcut, however, this is an additional step and I would like to keep things as simple as possible.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

2097404683_ScreenShot2018-06-19at07_20_30.png.7d1ed8ef1db8330605f6a8bad4dffb2d.png

My Mac has a shortcut for Copy Note Link

>>I am using Evernote for my GTD Setup. I link my next actions to my projects. 

For my processing, tasks and projects are linked with a tag
tag: !Project-aaaaaaaaaa

I list my project notes in title sequence, and use a prefix to control the sequence 
     -Project Master Note
     ttTask (Next Action)
     tTask
     tTask

Misc. Project Note

Thank you for mentioning your approach. I tried using tags, however, it did not work out that well for me. Maybe I give it another try some time in the future.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, MacherTV_Peter said:

If I am inside a note, I would have to search the note outside the main note windows. This way I could apply the STRG+SHIFT+L Shortcut, however, this is an additional step and I would like to keep things as simple as possible.

I don't understand: are you needing to copy the note link, and then go and find the note to put it into?

4 minutes ago, jefito said:

I don't understand: are you needing to copy the note link, and then go and find the note to put it into?

Yeah, basically I have a Notebook called "Projects". There are Projects like "Get 5K Subs in 2018". This Project has specific Next Action Items. These Next Action items are in a notebook called "Next Actions". And I need to link the Project to the next action and the next action to the project.

If I open a note(doubleclick on a note). It opens the note. However, once the Note is open, I cannot use the STRG+ALT+L Shortcut. 

The Shortcut didn't work in the past. That's why I opened this thread. However, I tried it right now and it works well. mhm Maybe I made something wrong. I will test it out :)

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, MacherTV_Peter said:

The Shortcut didn't work in the past. That's why I opened this thread. However, I tried it right now and it works well. mhm Maybe I made something wrong. I will test it out :)

Yes, seems to work for me, too.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MacherTV_Peter said:

These Next Action items are in a notebook called "Next Actions".

This is more of a GTD question.  I'm wondering why a separate notebook for "Next Actions"

I can understand a notebook/tag for Tasks.
For me, identifying the Next Action is only important whan I'm starting a project, or completing a task.
Also, a Next Action task with a start date in the future isn't important at the current time.

The Ctrl+Alt+L shortcut is again missing on the Evernote windows client (6.17.5.8273 (308273) ).

The shortcut does work on the main window, but in the separate window I get when I double click on a note, the shortcut doesn't work.  Moreover, when I click the "note" menu in the separate window, I see a "copy internal link" item but the shortcut for it isn't shown.  This is different for the main window, where the shortcut is shown.

• Level 5

You are posting in the subform for the legacy Windows client. 

If you mean the legacy Windows client: End of life, no changes, no support.

If it worked before and stopped now, you can only try to uninstall and reinstall. Make sure all local notebooks are backed up before uninstalling.