hjma29

ANSWERED Is there a way to assign tags to images in a note? (General)

Any way we can assign tags to images in a note(or at least insert a tag line on top of a image in that note)?

I have lots of images in one note so I can browse through them easily by swiping left/right in IOS/Android Apps. But some images share the same characteristics so I want to assign a tag for these images.

Right now I have to create separate folders to manually sort out all images in "Main folder", say folder 1, folder 2. I use main folder to insert all images and I use sorting folders to group images sharing the same characteristics. I have to manually copy each image in main folder to different sorting folders. That's very painful and causes multiple copies for one "master" image and if I want to annotate the "master" image, I have to copy the changed master image to the sorting folders again.

Main folder(10 images)

folder 1(5 images)

folder 2(4 images)

Thank you @DTLow

Any way we can browse all images in a folder by using keyboard arrow key or swiping in IOS/Android? In that case, I can create multiple notes(one image per note) in a main folder and can still browse them easily when in gallery mode.

18 minutes ago, hjma29 said:

Any way we can browse all images in a folder  by using keyboard arrow key or swiping in IOS/Android? 

I'm an IOS user.IMG_2353.jpg.b46eba575a85533c5f51089e9e2021e8.jpg
Evernote doesn't support folders.  Notes are assigned to a notebook.
Using the notebook dropdown, we can select a notebook.

No arrow key; we have to select the note to view the images.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hjma29 said:

Any way we can browse all images in a folder

No folder concept in EN, but if you double click on an image in a note the image viewer window should open and you can then use the arrows to the side to go forward/backwards through the images in the note.  Windows version anyway.

• Like 1

thanks @DTLow and @CalS .

sorry, what I meant is notebook. I use them to organize notes.

Hopefully evernote can have more features in the future to organize images better for use cases above.

1 minute ago, hjma29 said:

sorry, what I meant is notebook. I use them to organize notes.

No problem.  Not sure if presentation mode would work the way you want, but that is another option that spans notes.

• Like 1

thank you. I was looking into this but I don't think this mode is available for IOS/Android App.

Usually, I create notes/images/annotate using MAC and then use IOS/Android to browse through all images. I need a way to browse all images in a notebook on mobile apps.

one more question.

I don't think EN has the concept of "master" image where the copies of the images all pointing to the original "master" image. So after I make any annotation changes to the "master" image, all copies of this image got updated also(internally they are just a link to the "master" image).

I tested right click menu of "Copy" vs "Copy Image" but it looks like the same to me.

1 hour ago, hjma29 said:

copies of the images all pointing to the original "master" image.

Each copy is a unique entity; no link back to the master image.

You might want to rethink your copy process.
A better approach is tags or keywords assigned to a single version of the image.  You can assign multiple entries to the image.

• Like 1