Clipper 7.3 for Chrome Now Available

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi Folks - 

We've just released version 7.3 of Clipper on Chrome. You can download the latest Clipper from the Chrome Web Store here. This release: 

• Added support for clipping content in the new Gmail experience 
  • Updated the title size for simplified article clips to be much smaller
  • We've addressed a number of bugs. Some key ones to call out are: 
    • Highlight: Wrong event action is tracked when highlighting on Article and Full page mode
    • Clip dialog is closed while opening Options page and pressing ESC key
    • Screenshot: Keyboard shortcuts for highlighter does not work
    • Chrome Clipper doesn't open, log reports ERR: Error: QuotaExceededError
    • Article mode: Unable to expand or contract clip area by keyboard shortcut
    • Clip Image: Clipping image in email / LinkedIn page saves dead file
    • Clipper loads infinitely while cookies are blocked for some accounts
  • We've also improved performance - you should now see the Clipper handle clipping large web pages more quickly

Please let us know if you have any feedback on version 7.3 and any requests for our next update. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Clipper Team

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

Hi,

Works fine clipping images, in new Gmail also.

Only issue, if you clip an email and then move to another one the clipper keeps capturing the 1st one. The solution is to hit F5 to refresh. Any ideias to solve this situation?

On 6/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, Luís L. said:

Hi,

Works fine clipping images, in new Gmail also.

Only issue, if you clip an email and then move to another one the clipper keeps capturing the 1st one. The solution is to hit F5 to refresh. Any ideias to solve this situation?

Hi @Luís L., thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce this issue and filed a ticket with our developers to investigate. I don't have a specific timeframe for when a fix will be available but will update this thread with more information as soon as I have it.

If one's Chrome Extensions show that the version of Evernote Web Clipper being used is 7.2.1, what might be responsible for Chrome not updating to 7.3? Any steps I should take?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @BSR thank you very much. Just want to add that in google photos it happens exactly the same situation when you clip an album and then another one, it keeps clipping the 1st one. I made several tests and this is due to website where it is not completely refreshed the url.

So keep the good work and congratulations for this masterpiece software I cannot imagine myself not having.

Greeting from Portugal to you and to the Evernote staff.

Another issue:

-sometimes capturing PDF's when the url is https (secure)

• does not show the PDF button
  • pressing the evernote extension button the PDF is captured but you must rename the PDF (add .pdf extension) in order to open in acrobat. other way is shows 0 byte impossible to open

The Web Clipper still shows ostensibly 'related content' after each clip, even though the option to do so has been deselected. [Version: 7.3.0.360-2541bb85 in latest version of Chrome.]

This is useless and annoying.