Can this method happen in Evernote?

I have multiple projects and themes in life and I'm finding it a bit challenging to manage all of it. I've been playing with Evernote the last few days it seems great for a lot of things, but there are two issues I'm trying to find a work around for:

1. I'd like to get reminders at 1pm each day for any and all notes I've set up so that all at once I can see what I need to work on in the allotted time. Can I get reminders in some sort of digest manner, or are they just singular and separate emails?

2. Often, there are multiple reminders for a single note: IE, I have a note for Payroll for all the dates I need to run it...I don't know how to receive these reminders without have 52 separate notes for each week. Or perhaps there is a way to set up a "task" or "reminder" for items that are not attached to a note at all?

Thank you!

• Level 5

Some of this may depend on what device you are using (Evernote Web interface, Windows, Mac, Android, etc.). But generally, reminders are on a one-per-note basis. One thing I've started doing sometimes, however, is to start by copying a note's link (in the Windows program, go to Note > Copy Note Link; on Android, the 3-dot menu at top right, then Copy internal link). Then I can create a reminder in Google Calendar or whatever, and paste the link into the description field. So for your second need, you could create a calendar item called Payroll with a repeating weekly reminder, paste the link to the relevant Evernote note into it, and then whenever the reminder goes off, click the link. Similarly for your first need, you could create a 1 pm calendar event and copy all necessary note links into it. This works better on Android than Windows for going directly to the note; I have no idea about Mac or iOS.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, mizmaclean said:

I'd like to get reminders at 1pm each day for any and all notes I've set up ... 

As per @Dave-in-Decatur, I use an external service (Apple) for my reminders, with a link back to Evernote.

How are you setting up your notes?  I use a saved search to retrieve my current task list.
 reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

>>multiple reminders for a single note

Multiple and repeating reminders are not supported by Evernote.  Again, I rely on Apple calendar/reminder, with a link to the note in Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 6/13/2018 at 6:19 PM, mizmaclean said:

I have multiple projects and themes in life and I'm finding it a bit challenging to manage all of it. I've been playing with Evernote the last few days it seems great for a lot of things, but there are two issues I'm trying to find a work around for:

1. I'd like to get reminders at 1pm each day for any and all notes I've set up so that all at once I can see what I need to work on in the allotted time. Can I get reminders in some sort of digest manner, or are they just singular and separate emails?

2. Often, there are multiple reminders for a single note: IE, I have a note for Payroll for all the dates I need to run it...I don't know how to receive these reminders without have 52 separate notes for each week. Or perhaps there is a way to set up a "task" or "reminder" for items that are not attached to a note at all?

Thank you!

Just workarounds for this stuff.

1. Use a service like followupthen to send you a reminder email at 1 PM every day to run your 1 PM today search in EN.
  2. A note per reminder, or a single note where you reset the reminder date after each use, commonly referred to as a recurring reminder workaround around here.

I use workarounds for stuff like this since I like everything in one place.  May not be worth it to you, so other options are as previously mentioned to use a task app with links to EN notes.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

I use Cronofy to push my reminders to my calendar. I have a calendar set up that says Evernote Reminders and I link that with the service and they push to my calendar.

I tested Cronofy for reminder > calendar integration.  It's a cloud solution and worked well

For Mac users, my solution is scripting; no third party access required.

43 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I tested Cronofy for reminder > calendar integration.  It's a cloud solution and worked well

For Mac users, my solution is scripting; no third party access required.

I still haven't figured out scripting lol. I know that you shared your script before but I still don't get it lol.

Archived