Evernote for iOS 8.13 Released

annah

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hi folks, sorry for the delayed post on this one - 8.13 is officially available in the App Store (as of 06/08/18)! As always, we welcome any feedback or concerns.

Release Notes:

Experiments:
• We’re trying out some suggestions when you’re setting reminders to make them faster and easier to use for all of those tasks, to-dos, and projects.
• We’re shaking things up by placing the icons for tags and reminders on top of the note editing toolbar, so organizing your notes and setting reminders is always top of mind.

New:
• We’ve made some improvements to search and you can now sort by relevance, so you can see the things that are, well, more relevant to what you’re looking for.
• You now have the power to annotate HEIC files. (In case you’re not up on the lingo, it’s the format sorcery Apple uses to make their images higher quality yet smaller in size.)
• In your settings, you now have the option to turn auto-add location on or off as you please.

Fixes:
• When you tried to drag and drop from other apps, your note would suddenly (and annoyingly) scroll the top. Now things will stay put.
• You connected Evernote and LinkedIn and were happily scanning business cards, but the profile photos of your contacts weren’t appearing. Which really got in the way of the whole ‘putting a face to the name’ thing.
• We’ve made changes so that notes will not be shown in iMessage or the iOS widget when pin lock is enabled.
• We’ve also fixed some of the specific issues that were causing the app to crash.

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Fixed

• Internal link (formerly Classic/Private-Browser link)
  • search under All Notes

Not Fixed

• IOS Share Menu still triggers the creation of a Public Link
  • Level 5*

Bug report.  Intitle searches are unreliable on 8.13.  The same saved search works fine on 8.12 but returns different note counts on 8.13.  Bug report filed yesterday, ticket# 2569480

It seems not to be possible to add reminders without a date anymore. Previously I could just click “Cancel” instead of selecting a date and had a reminder without due date. If I cancel the date selection now, no reminder is created. 

That‘s a bummer, since my whole system relies on that functionality. Will it come back or do I need to come up with another approach for all my tasks?

1 hour ago, MissArdbeg said:

It seems not to be possible to add reminders without a date anymore. Previously I could just click “Cancel” instead of selecting a date and had a reminder without due date. If I cancel the date selection now, no reminder is created. 

That‘s a bummer, since my whole system relies on that functionality. Will it come back or do I need to come up with another approach for all my tasks?

You can still do that by hitting cancel. At least I can on my iPhone X. Just double checked it and it worked like normal.

Confirmed, hitting "Cancel" sets the reminder w/o a date. A bit irritating, indeed.

Still, I like the new look, makes setting a reminder for tomorrow much easier.

Same as some other users, I’m not able to set reminders without a date. Hitting cancel on the date popup just cancels the entire reminder. Using Evernote on iPhone X.

Not sure what happened, but now when I tap on the clock icon the new options are gone and the reminders part looks like it used to, and I can't set a reminder with no date. 

BUT

If you swipe to the left in the note list for the note that you want to set the reminder for and then hit cancel after you tap the clock icon there you can set one with the no date reminder.

I also have an iPhone X

Can you improve the selection of copying an Internal link within the Sharing option so that it doesn't require 5 clicks before pasting the link required, thanks.

I am running IOS 11.4 on my iPad Pro with Evernote 8.13.1.364033

• Level 5*
On 6/13/2018 at 6:21 PM, CalS said:

Bug report.  Intitle searches are unreliable on 8.13.  The same saved search works fine on 8.12 but returns different note counts on 8.13.  Bug report filed yesterday, ticket# 2569480

Just updated to 8.13.1 I guess and the search issues are fixed.  Thanks for that.  Also, seems to be running quicker.  Nice.  ?

Archived