Bug: The first CTRL key cancel the selection in the notes of search results and make CTRL + C fail to work

It's completely annoying When you just need a quick COPY and PASTE.

1. Choose a note in the search results of any keyword.

2. Select some text.

3. Press CTRL and the selection canceled.

It makes CTRL + C fail to work in the very first time. It will work If you select some text again. 

But THE FIRST CTRL will cancel the selection again after you switch to another note in the search results and select some text.

Please fix it ASAP.

• Level 5

What version of Windows Evernote are you using? In the older version that I still use, this does not happen. Just to be clear, you are selecting the text in the note displayed on the right side of the main Evernote window, after searching and then selecting a note, correct?

Actually, this is not only the CTRL key, any key are creating this annoying bug.

1. Search for a word in the main "Search in notes" case
  2. Choose a note in the search results
  3. Select some text in this note or even click somewhere in this note to edit it
  4. Press ANY KEY (for example to replace the selected text with another word, or to add a word) and the selection is canceled

Any news on this bug? In which post are you making the follow-up?

Version: 6.11.2.7027 (307027) on Windows 10

• Level 5*
On 6/14/2018 at 11:00 AM, Sisim Biva said:

Any news on this bug? In which post are you making the follow-up?

On 6/13/2018 at 8:08 PM, Austin G said:

Thanks for the report. We're working on a fix. !

I wouldn't expect on a fix to appear until the 6.13 GA release at the earliest. You'll need to watch out for that.

I'm running Evernote on Windows 7 on my work computer and I have this same problem. I hit ctrl+c to copy some text and nothing happens. The same is true if I try to start typing in a note. I have to click it a few times before typing will work. Pasting hyperlinks into text will paste them at the top of a note. Evernote on Windows has been broken for months. Is Evernote end-of-life?

Does anyone know what the most recent past version is that doesn't have this bug?

And also where I can download old versions?

I'm looking to downgrade until a fix is released, as this bug is super annoying.

Currently running 6.11.2.7027 on Windows 7

• 2 weeks later...

After talking to support, I have downgraded to v6.7.5.

This version doesn't have the lost focus bug, and as a bonus it runs MUCH faster!  Version 6.11 was super slow, it took several seconds to switch between notes, in 6.7 it is almost instant.

Now I just need them to fix the performance of the iOS app, and Evernote will be back to the great tool I originally signed up for.

• 1 month later...

I have the same annoying problem.  I've had this issue in almost all versions of Evernote for several months now.  At the moment I have 6.13.14 and it's still present.

Any news about the fix please?   It's super annoying.

• Level 5
16 hours ago, McClausky said:

I have the same annoying problem.  I've had this issue in almost all versions of Evernote for several months now.  At the moment I have 6.13.14 and it's still present.

Any news about the fix please?   It's super annoying.

The most recent information is that it is to be fixed in release 6.14. See @Austin G's reply in this thread:

Archived