Created Date wrong after using Duplicate Note

Evernote version:  7.2.1

macOS version:  10.13.5

After version upgrade to 7.2.1  today,  when I use Duplicate Note,  the Created Date on the new note is the same as the created date on the note from which it was duplicated.

This is new behavior in this version, and undesirable.   The new note was not created on a prior date, it was created on the day that Duplicate Note was used. 

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, hookswitch said:

The new note was not created on a prior date, it was created on the day that Duplicate Note was used. 

This can be debated equally as: in a duplicated note, the created date should be the same as the original date

If this is important to me, I would use a script to create the duplicate note.
For template use, I use a script which creates a copy via the export/import feature.
I also include the statements

set creation date of newNote to current date
set modification date of newNote to current date

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This can be debated equally as: in a duplicated note, the created date should be the same as the original date

If this is important to me, I would use a script to create the duplicate note.
For template use, I use a script which creates a copy via the export/import feature.

I claim that your argument in favor of the Wrong Created Date Feature is not equal because it makes the date that the note was created the wrong date. 

Perhaps there should be an Original Created Date field for storing the original date when Duplicate Note is used.   "Duplication Date"?

The reason this is a problem is because if you duplicate a note and then modify it,  there is no way to tell when the duplication was performed because the Modified Date has been updated. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this change as well - previously, I believe a duplicated note had a new "Created" date, whereas now it has the same created date as the original. I see the logic for both approaches, but the fact that the approach has changed is certainly annoying, because it's messed up the way I used to do things.

For now, I'm copying the note into the same notebook. That gives me a new Created date.

For now, I'm copying the note into the same notebook. That gives me a new Created date.

OK, nice trick (to me as a Windows user who saw the same dates of duplicated note since ever). I always got annoyed of this...
With the copy command I have the options
image.png.954f67260141a33b46a991af1c0f600d.png:-)

Archived