The iOS web clipper

Giallou

Idea

Hello all!

back in the day when EN introduced the web clipper it was a revolutionary thing. Especially the web version was doing wonders! You could save a clutter free article and highlight etc.

is it me or the web clipper of EN on iOS doesn't keep up with the new web era? It is almost impossible to save any article directly from the share sheet. (There is a workaround if you save it on Pocket/Instapaper and then through them to EN).

Clipping stuff is one of the most important EN features in my opinion and it has failed me so many times recently. I couldn't save recipes, so I bought Paprika 3 (amazing app btw, if you cook you should definitely check it out). And so many other apps that they are doing one thing so well, that they are eliminating the multiple uses of EN. 

I would like to have a better web clipper on iOS. What are your thoughts?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Giallou said:

It is almost impossible to save any article directly from the share sheet. (There is a workaround if you save it on Pocket/Instapaper and then through them to EN).

Can you add more detail about being "impossible" in Evernote and possible in Pocket/Instapaper.

I see a problem with saving web pages in HTML format; this gets mangled in Evernote if the code is complex.  I'm leaning towards pdf format or screenshots.

Archived