• Level 5*

Couldn't find a 8.13 release thread so creating this one.

Minding my own business this morning and noticed App Store updates on my iPad.  Pressed update all without thinking and 8.13 for Evernote was installed, my bad, but at least it was on the device I use the least.

Total cluster for me.  Could not get EN to start to begin with, it died three times.  When it did stay open, a saved search shortcut did not find all the notes and took a couple of minutes (8.12 on the iPhone was correct and almost immediate).  There were 184 notes in the search, trying it multiple times I got a different result every time on 8.13.  The search is tag:tagname intitle:text* if that makes any difference. 

So I removed EN from the iPad and reinstalled.  Hasn't died this time but the search results are still FUBAR and take forever to run, haven't got the same result twice yet.  Overall notes counts are accurate.  Again, the search is fine on 8.12 on my phone.

Sooooo, I'm going to be extra careful not to update on my phone and would recommend folks avoid this release until someone says it is fixed.  Rightgrading with IOS is such a PITA I will just ride it out.

• Level 5*

FWIW, my experience has been different since upgrading either Friday night or Saturday morning.

• I am on an iPhone SE, so the core app is probably the same, but the UI is different. Just for clarification.
  • No problem upgrading. The first time I launched it was slow, but probably doing some cleanup/migration. Within 15 seconds I was presented the PIN lock screen. Subsequent launches have been normal.
  • The search for me has been consistent, which is to say consistently slow and jerky as it pulls data from the cloud. The new app also will sort your searches. It is not easy to change the sort accidentally on the iPhone, but I am wondering if it is on the iPad and that is why you see different results?

I still have access to the beta but I quit using it because Evernote killed the support/feedback form mechanism, so I don't know if other beta testers were having issues you have seen. I am sure when they got rid of the forums for feedback, they saw their complaint rate in the betas go way down, which helped their performance metrics.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, EdH said:

FWIW, my experience has been different since upgrading either Friday night or Saturday morning.

• I am on an iPhone SE, so the core app is probably the same, but the UI is different. Just for clarification.
  • No problem upgrading. The first time I launched it was slow, but probably doing some cleanup/migration. Within 15 seconds I was presented the PIN lock screen. Subsequent launches have been normal.
  • The search for me has been consistent, which is to say consistently slow and jerky as it pulls data from the cloud. The new app also will sort your searches. It is not easy to change the sort accidentally on the iPhone, but I am wondering if it is on the iPad and that is why you see different results?

I still have access to the beta but I quit using it because Evernote killed the support/feedback form mechanism, so I don't know if other beta testers were having issues you have seen. I am sure when they got rid of the forums for feedback, they saw their complaint rate in the betas go way down, which helped their performance metrics.

Thanks for the feedback.  Nah, not my experience. Per the above a search that works well on my iPhone with 8.12 fails every time on the iPad with 8.13. With different counts each time (114, 131, 105, 152 when 184 is the actual count), nothing to do with sort unfortunately.  Same process for sort change on the iPad BTW.  The search is immediate on the iPhone with a not offline notebook, maybe because it is a tag intitle combo search.  And it is sloooow on the iPad.  

Background, the search is for workouts so I can easily access previous ones while at the gym. I noticed one result missing was from this past week.  So I spelunked.  That note does not appear on the iPad at all in an All Notes scroll, yet the note count for all notebooks matches web, pc, and iPhone.  This is after a remove/reinstall of the app.  Makes no sense.  Repeating myself, but something is FUBAR for me with 8.13 on the iPad. 

• Level 5*

I'm on a different update schedule from you  (Canada/US)

No problem with the installation.  

Text Search is inconsistent, and missing entries found on my Mac (550 compared to 750)

No search results in All Notes; a known problem

Offline search aborts; I have full offline notebooks.

• Level 5*

Yeah, saw that post. I haven’t seen sync issues with Win 6.13 beta, but some changes for tags, notebooks and reminders don’t stick, have to be made multiple times.  Noticed it while I was cleaning my Inbox and a note kept coming back, brought The Shining to mind  ?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm on a different update schedule from you  (Canada/US)

No problem with the installation.  

Text Search is inconsistent, and missing entries found on my Mac (550 compared to 750)

No search results in All Notes; a known problem

Offline search aborts; I have full offline notebooks.

Well none of that sounds good....

• 3 months later...

Archived