Web Clipper shows 'Related Notes' - Despite 'Do not show' setting

windpower

In Web Clipper options I have selected: "Automatically close clipper."

I have deselected: "Show successful clip dialog without Related notes."

Still, on every clip the clipper shows me supposedly 'Related Notes' for a few seconds before closing automatically.

How can I get rid of that feature? For me it is useless and annoying.

1 hour ago, windpower said:

In Web Clipper options I have selected: "Automatically close clipper."

I have deselected: "Show successful clip dialog without Related notes."

Still, on every clip the clipper shows me supposedly 'Related Notes' for a few seconds before closing automatically.

How can I get rid of that feature? For me it is useless and annoying.

I just tried it with the "Automatically close clipper" for the first time and you are correct that's what it does. Stays there for a second before closing it automatically.

I am going assume that it is the intended behavior. It is an automatic close option not a "NOT SHOW IT AT ALL" option. So all it does it automatically close it after a few second.

You can submit a feature request under the feature request forums to ask for the "no show" option to be added if you like.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

I am going assume that it is the intended behavior. It is an automatic close option not a "NOT SHOW IT AT ALL" option. So all it does it automatically close it after a few second.

It was "new intended" behavior with the 7.0 clipper.  Prior to that clipper performed as one would expect, that is, it just closed after the clip, no splash screen at all.  Weird piece of function if that is EN's intent.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:47 PM, TK0047 said:

I am going assume that it is the intended behavior.

It probably is, but I don't like it. When I select an option to switch something off I expect it to be off.  

The splash screen is like a door-to-door salesperson who won't take "no" for an answer.

Archived