tiff image files

Recent versions of the Evernote Mac client no longer automatically display tiff image files that are attached to notes.

Instead of displaying the image, there is the icon for an attached file with a name like "Pasted Graphic 14.tiff". 

The web client does not have this problem. 

• 1 month later...

I am also facing the same problem.

The other related problem is, when ever i take a screen shot on mac Evernote clipper,

it saves the image in the .tiff format,

but the images taken by the Evernote Mac Clipper inbuilt image capture tool it saves images in .png.

How do we resolve this

• 6 months later...

Mac Pro desktop  OSX El Capitan    EN Version 7.2 (456745 Direct)   Editor: 47.0.5287 (17d18b5) 

Have been using Evernote since Oct 2008

:: my workaround to this very aggravating issue is to do a search for  "tiff
then go to each note in the listing

(Before following the procedure below, go to EN preferences and set the Clipper to Inline) just in case.

FIRST double click the note to open it in its own window
this is because deleting the attachment symbol will hide the note because of the search term 'tiff

now click the Info icon at the top right of the note to show the creation and mod dates
    copy the mod date to the URL field
    close the info panel
then double click the first attached file symbol which opens the file in Preview app
do   cmd-C to copy
go back to EN note,
    click just to the right of the attached-file-symbol
    hit delete on the keyboard
then paste a new copy of the graphic
after doing this for all the symbols on THIS note.. go back to the Info panel and copy-paste the URL field into the mod date
hitting enter restores the mod date
the active note disappears from the main listing window unless the string 'tiff' remains in the note content

> changing the .tiff to (.jpg or .jpeg) using the right-click menu changes the filename on the hard drive, but does NOT allow the image to show inline (most likely because the 'tag' that instructs 'inline' vs 'attachment' is still formatted in the .ENML code
> my database has about 90 notes that show attached .tiff files instead of inline
> i am sure that using an html editor would allow modifying each note .ENML code to be inline .tiff but that is a much slower process and might cause sync problems with modification dates in the EN database vs the Finder version of the  content.enml  file

I hope this helps someone.. I have done my cleanup and secured my zipped backup.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, DTLow said:

just an fyi  .tiff files are displayed inline with the current version of the software

Mac Pro desktop  OSX El Capitan    EN Version 7.2 (456745 Direct)   Editor: 47.0.5287 (17d18b5) 
Have been using Evernote since Oct 2008
When I go to "check updates" Evernote tells me I have the most current version.. 7.2

It could be that since my Early 2008 Mac Pro cannot be upgraded beyond El Capitan --- 7.2 is the limit for me on Evernote.

The .tiff files {and some a few others) do not display inline.  Most of them do, and converting them to .jpg or .jpeg does not change the inline display.  This happened during one of the Evernote updates along the way in the last 4 years. I did not keep track of when, but this is the time for me to search for "tiff", fix the 70 or so notes and move forward.

Thanks for the extra info about Evernote.

Archived