Adding new tags to a shared notebook

rpparas

Idea

A notebook called "File Cabinet" was shared with me. I added a bunch of new Notes to it. I tried to add tags to a new note but I can't add tags which were not originally there. I told the Notebook owner to add more tags (e.g. finances, taxes, etc) but can't figure out where to do it. How do I/her (other party) add tags to a shared notebook?

cant add new tags.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, rpparas said:

I told the Notebook owner to add more tags (e.g. finances, taxes, etc) but can't figure out where to do it. How do I/her (other party) add tags to a shared notebook?

My share'ees add    tag:aaaa     to the title and I follow up later; I have a saved search.
In the meantime,   "tag:aaaa"    is now searchable text.

I have the same need.  Collaborators in a shared notebook should have the right to add new tags.  Is such feature available in the Premium version?  Collaborative tagging is really a must have.

I plan on using Evernote in class to teach collaborative tagging, but if this feature isn't available, I'l have to switch to another product. 

• Level 5*
On 6/14/2018 at 11:01 AM, CloBonneau said:

Is such feature available in the Premium version? 

It is not.

It's a long-time request, no evidence that I've seen that Evernote wants to change this behavior, which as far as I can tell, was intentionally chosen.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:01 AM, CloBonneau said:

I plan on using Evernote in class to teach collaborative tagging, but if this feature isn't available, I'l have to switch to another product. 

You can still do collaborative tagging, it's just that the notebook owner is in charge of creating all tags used in that notebook; then the collaborators can use them.

If it were a Premium feature, would you pay for it then?

Archived