Evernote Continually Restarts

Recently, Evernote has begun to continually to restart. I'll force close it, then it restarts on it's own within 10 seconds. It's not set to auto start when my Mac starts, it's not set up as a login item. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, with the same behavior. It also seems to cause issues with the Mac shutting down properly when I have to force close yet again.

This is terribly unproductive. As a long time Premium  (and now Plus) user, I have a huge amount of notes, but no amount of notes will prevent me from dropping Evernote altogether if I cannot get this resolved.

Evernote: Version 7.2 (456745 Direct)
Editor: 47.0.5287 (17d18b5)

MacOS 10.13.5

It seems that there was a 'stuck' version of Evernote from the App store that wasn't installing. How I was able to launch and use Evernote while the stuck version remained (incomplete) in the dashboard is mystifying, but I was able to delete the stuck version showing in the Dashboard and reinstall Evernote from the app store. So far, Evernote is not relaunching itself every 10 seconds.

I'll consider this 'case closed'

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 3.13.20 PM.png

I had hoped this issue of Evernote continually restarting had been resolved when I fixed the stuck download from the Mac App store, but it has not. Evernote continues to restart within seconds of closing or force closing the application on my Mac (detail of OS version and Evernote version in the original message). I checked preferences to see that it is not set to start on boot up, nor is it in the login items.

I've already deleted and reinstalled, so I'm at an impasse about next steps. This is extremely disruptive to my workflow when the app restarts and comes into the foreground when I wasn't using/clipping/syncing anything to Evernote.

Appreciate any suggestions to resolve.

Archived