Evernote for Windows 6.13 Beta 3

Nick Nassiri

• Ex Employees

Hello Everyone,

Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.13 Beta 3. You can download it here or check for updates (make sure you've opted in to get Beta updates from Options.) 

If you're one of the small group of users that have seen annoying blue boxes around their content and attachments, or you found yourself unable to edit all notes without downgrading -- this build's for you.

Please check it out and let us know what you think. 

Thanks,
Nick and the Windows Team at Evernote

------------

Release Notes for Version 6.13 Beta 3

Note: Versions 6.13 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Improved (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

• Optional disabling of video hardware (GPU) acceleration while note editing
  • Optional verbose logging feature for issues that occur while note editing
  • Encryption between the client and server has been beefed up.
  • We let users save audio locally if they’ve exceeded the note size
  • Users are prevented from making content changes when the Evernote client database is locked by another process (e.g., antivirus scanner)
  • Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification.
  • More easily manage and navigate your notebooks from the Notebooks View. You can access this by selecting 'Notebooks' from the left panel.
  • Messaging to alert the user when they're approaching their notebook limit

Fixed (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

• Sync icon (blue arrow) reliably hides when changes are synced
  • We close open note windows when you quit Evernote, just like you would expect
  • Some users were seeing blue boxes around items in their notes or weren't able to edit notes -- that's gone
  • Emojis sometimes now get rendered properly in the title and body
  • Business notebooks can now be moved in shortcuts
  • Kanji characters no longer render in a Mandarin font
  • Clicking quickly around in the note list no longer opens the wrong note
  • The cursor stays in the note body when the user navigates away from the title field
  • Files can be consistently reattached after deleting or undoing an editing action
  • Print behavior works consistently between the main note and single note view
  • Work Chat no longer flags an inbound message as a new thread when it’s not
  • Notebook count is correct
  • Large lists of notes and tags are scrollable as expected
  • We gracefully handle when some video cards incorrectly report their capabilities
  • Some users were intermittently unable to add a new note. We patched that.
  • Numbered lists keep their numbering sequence intact consistently
  • Drag & Drop of files and documents from Evernote to other apps
  • Keyboard shortcut for renaming Notebook Stacks now consistently works
  • Note statistics remain on screen when expected
  • And of course: Misc. other product bug fixes and improvements.
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, Nick Nassiri said:

Emojis sometimes now get rendered properly in the title and body

When does sometimes in the above become all times?  Just wondering.

I use one emoji, I put a phone symbol on the front of the title on my phone log notes, makes them eminently easier to to locate when need be.  Not a big deal for as long as I have been doing it, but the color (red) does not render in the note title or note list.  Still easy to locate when black. 

• Level 5*

The all notes icon reappeared in the left panel.  It was gone in Beta 2 as I remember and now back in Beta 3.  Any chance it can disappear again since we do have the all notes icon in the toolbar?

Again, as best I can remember I was able to modify padding in table notes and import them back into EN as I edited.  Now, whatever padding I added seems to be ignored.  This intentional?  I just don''t care for all the "air" introduced in tables.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Bug report.  Just added a new note.  Added a tag to the note using the note header, and the tag disappeared.  Added it again, it disappeared.  Synced.  Added it again, it stayed.

• Level 5*

Bug report.  Clicked on the reminder date in the note header to complete a reminder, it went away and came back.  Clicked a second time and it went away.

Sync errors continue... I have notes that haven't properly sync'd now since last week.
Many notes I've moved or trashed aren't updated on the web app or other devices.

Definitely seems to originate with notes that weren't created on the desktop app in question.  example an IFTTT generated note, something emailed in, a note created on my android device, etc.

14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 85% Updating server note "Some Women...", resource count: 7, content: 10.4 KB
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 85% * guid={7d9b83ed-6bff-4163-97be-b5402f269fb7}
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 85% Activated resources = 7, for note uid = 85271
14:01:57 [ERROR  ] [17272] [22672] 85% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 85% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85271
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 89% Updating server note "1.56 breakfast ...", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 89% * guid={5a7eb3e7-234a-46c4-ba07-fdc65a6ba1a0}
14:01:57 [ERROR  ] [17272] [22672] 89% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 89% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85349
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 93% Updating server note "rss-Today’s 20 Best...", resource count: 0, content: 4.8 KB
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 93% * guid={e63955b8-b094-4378-8634-4349b79039a7}
14:01:57 [ERROR  ] [17272] [22672] 93% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 93% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85408
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 96% Updating server note "Note @ Richmond...", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 96% * guid={385842f7-eb0d-4229-b07b-11c7bbd7cafa}
14:01:57 [ERROR  ] [17272] [22672] 96% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
14:01:57 [INFO   ] [17272] [22672] 96% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85415
14:01:58 [INFO   ] [17272] [29188] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
14:01:58 [INFO   ] [17272] [29188] * elapsed time: 7s
14:01:58 [INFO   ] [21636] [24252] Starting EvernoteSubprocess.exe

Evernote desktop is now pretty much unusable on this particular laptop since the data can't be trusted to be accurate.  Really hoping you guys push out a new update soon to fix the sync issues!  The blue 'sync' icon appears on numerous notes throughout many of my notebooks now... same notes, for days on end now.

1096139008_evernotesyncScreenClip.png.89e4c67357af5ff920518638ad69d67c.png

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, CalS said:

Bug report.  Just added a new note.  Added a tag to the note using the note header, and the tag disappeared.  Added it again, it disappeared.  Synced.  Added it again, it stayed.

These types of data loss issues shouldn't be allowed to be carried over in a new beta..

Minor bug, emojis are working on the notebook list in Windows 10, but not on my Windows 7  computer.

Not something that would keep me awake at night, just thought I would mention it.

11 hours ago, gustavgi said:

These types of data loss issues shouldn't be allowed to be carried over in a new beta..

Agreed!  These should be priority #1 fixes over top of emoji’s and everything else.   I’ve had to abandoned use of Evernote on one particular laptop now until I see a sync issues fix roll out.  Productivity has  drastically descreased.  Granted, it is my own fault for running beta on a production machine though.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:52 AM, Nick Nassiri said:

Hello Everyone,

Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.13 Beta 3. You can download it here or check for updates (make sure you've opted in to get Beta updates from Options.) 

If you're one of the small group of users that have seen annoying blue boxes around their content and attachments, or you found yourself unable to edit all notes without downgrading -- this build's for you.

Thanks,

------------

• Users are prevented from making content changes when the Evernote client database is locked by another process (e.g., antivirus scanner)
  • Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification.
  • More easily manage and navigate your notebooks from the Notebooks View. You can access this by selecting 'Notebooks' from the left panel.

• Some users were seeing blue boxes around items in their notes or weren't able to edit notes -- that's gone
  • The cursor stays in the note body when the user navigates away from the title field
  • Files can be consistently reattached after deleting or undoing an editing action
  • We gracefully handle when some video cards incorrectly report their capabilities

Hy,

my windows app won't sync even after installing version 6.13 Beta 3.

What can i do?

Error: 16:03:02 [ERROR  ] [5932] [3796] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side

I just noticed that there is still some cursor jumping and disappearing, not as bad or as frequent as before, but it is there, plus there is a delay before I can start typing or pasting into a new note.

• Level 5*

Bug Report.

I have a saved search for Today's reminders.  One of the notes in the search results contained a link to another note.  I clicked on the link, focus transferred to that note and then out of the blue focus was back to the search results though not in the note I was in before.  The search results looked different, maybe shorter by one note but I cannot be sure that was the case.  I checked Reminder Done and there were no notes marked done in the time frame, no notes in the trash. 

So nothing may have happened other than an unwanted focus change, JUST NOT SURE WHICH IS THE TROUBLING BIT.

6 hours ago, jack killian said:

Hy,

What can i do?

Error: 16:03:02 [ERROR  ] [5932] [3796] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side

1) Stop using desktop and resort to web version. Productivity will drop drastically but you can still do some of the things you can in desktop.

2) cross fingers an update fixes it soon.. though there are some emoji bugs taking priority it seems. 

3) sigh and vow to not install beta on a productivity computer again. 

That's what I've been doing.  Hope that helps!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, jack killian said:

What can i do?

If you are adventurous, reinstall and try again, or just uninstall and go back to the last version that was working for you and wait for the next general release.  Beta versions have some risk associated with them so if you don't have the tolerance for that, deselect Enable beta features and updates under Tools - Options - General and avoid the beta updates.

4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Beta versions have some risk associated with them so if you don't have the tolerance for that, deselect Enable beta features and updates under Tools - Options - General and avoid the beta updates.

Maybe every beta announcement should come with a reminder to do a full sync and a full backup before trying it, even I forget to do this sometimes, though I suspect the usual Export backup is not very helpful, only backing up the actual EXB file preserves everything.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, jack killian said:

Hy,

What can i do?

You might try Revo Unintaller to completely remove the EN software.  Then try installing the current version.  

Bug: The disappearing rule line is much improved, but not entirely resolved, now I am not sure when it's going to happen, whereas before it was very predictable. 

Mostly in connection with bulleted lists, but it doesn't always happen, that's the weird part, it doesn't seem predictable.

Em 05/06/2018 at 01:52, Nick Nassiri disse:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

------------

It would be great if EN made possible to drag & drop PDF's as it was in v. 6.7.5. So many UNHAPPY users complaining for several months and nothing was done.

EN team please do something!

Thanks

I think I have "invisible notes"...

Laptop 1: 29,746 notes (6.13.3)

Laptop 2: 29,754 notes (was on 6.13.3 - rolled back today to 6.11.2 to fix the other sync issues I've had - now it matches the web and laptop 1)

Web: 29,693 notes

Strangely, I can't find where the discrepancies exist.  I don't have local notebooks.
I've quickly skimmed all recently used notebooks, and note counts all match between systems (and on my android device).

Forgot about the "trash".... I see a 35 note discrepancy between laptop 1 and the web in trash. laptop 2 shows the same trash # as the web version - but the number difference still doesn't make things match up (with the 35 note change, that means I have 29,

Anyone else seeing discrepancies in note counts between devices?

• Level 5*

Not today, have seen it in the distant past.

Method I used to isolate was to do created date searches for 3 month ranges and compare totals until a difference, identify the notes, add a temp tag to force a sync, continue.  PITA, but I found the notes that way.  It appears you have some notes which haven’t synced.  

3 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Not in the current version, but I had that problem happen during another beta.  Naturally the missing notes were in the Windows computer, not in the cloud, had to compare each notebook count and each tag count to find all the missing notes, ended up having to recreate them (copying all the data into a new note and deleting the old notes). 

Not sure if that was the best solution, but that is what I did at the time.

• Level 5*

Bug report.  Change the notebook on a note in my Inbox, the note disappears from the Inbox as one would expect.    A short while later the note is back in the inbox.  Similar to tags not sticking and reminders not staying marked as done the first time.  The three of these happened to me again today.

• Level 5*

Don't know when this happened, but it appears that the left panel when opened is now a very light blue or gray as opposed to the white it once was.  I almost always have the left panel closed so I just noticed it.  The ribbon still has the white background.  Maybe it happened when the All Notes icon reappeared in the left panel.

Apologies, but really?  All the editor issues and the like and a subtle color change is deployed.  Weird optics.

ScreenClip.png.b05540c768fe9c41dbb04c7302a0c9e5.png

• Level 5*

Is anyone seeing an issue where changes to the Windows client just never get sync'd to the server?

I have a bunch of notes in my @INBOX notebook that I've tagged and moved, and sync'd, but they never actually sync. My macOS, iOS, and Web Client don't show the changes.

This is the releveant parts of the activity log:

06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 33% Updating server note "Fwd: HSA Tax Documents", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 33% * guid={37a2b458-fc8f-4834-88f4-b97ed61702bc}
06:19:52 [ERROR  ] [3112] [21884] 33% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 33% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 2046
06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 67% Updating server note "Creating Excel “Data Dump” Reports Fr...", resource count: 6, content: 0 B
06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 67% * guid={34228b27-8c4e-4389-816c-552e111e02a3}
06:19:52 [ERROR  ] [3112] [21884] 67% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
06:19:52 [INFO   ] [3112] [21884] 67% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 79519

I tried to "Optimize" the database and resync via the advanced Help menu, and that didn't help.

Then I just logged off of Evernote on my PC, deleted the evernote databses, and logged back in and let it resync. I have "Sync on demand" enabled. Still no good. Nothing is working. I can add single word to a note and sync it and I get this:

06:26:09 [INFO   ] [3112] [17108] 0% Updating server note "Your May eStatement's now available", resource count: 9, content: 17.9 KB
06:26:09 [INFO   ] [3112] [17108] 0% * guid={60273e1d-29dd-43b4-b7d5-8158bf23eea2}
06:26:10 [ERROR  ] [3112] [17108] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
06:26:10 [INFO   ] [3112] [17108] 0% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 72478

Essentially, I cannot use EN on Windows at all right now other than for reading as no changes will sync.

Windows 10, build 1803. 

EDIT: Just saw @ej8899 is seeing the same thing. This should be fixed immediately, even if it is a release to roll back a beta.

• Level 5*
On 6/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, ej8899 said:

Laptop 1: 29,746 notes (6.13.3)

Laptop 2: 29,754 notes (was on 6.13.3 - rolled back today to 6.11.2 to fix the other sync issues I've had - now it matches the web and laptop 1)

Web: 29,693 notes

Strangely, I can't find where the discrepancies exist.  I don't have local notebooks.
I've quickly skimmed all recently used notebooks, and note counts all match between systems (and on my android device).

Forgot about the "trash".... I see a 35 note discrepancy between laptop 1 and the web in trash. laptop 2 shows the same trash # as the web version - but the number difference still doesn't make things match up (with the 35 note change, that means I have 29,

Yes, but because of the complete cluster this build is with syncing Windows, I cannot trust its note count at all.

• Level 5*
On 6/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, CalS said:

Apologies, but really?  All the editor issues and the like and a subtle color change is deployed.  Weird optics.

Optics, schmoptics. #1, I don't know how big their Windows developer team is, but it's likely that they each have different specialties and the work tends to get divided up that way. Where I work (small developer team of 4-5 people, plus UI and QA support), there's some interchangeability in terms of the problem areas, but one thing that we almost never do is have multiple people working in the same area at the same time -- you can do it, but coordination tend to add work, not lessen it. It's been like this at other places I've worked as well. So probably one person on the editor, while other folks can work on other stuff.. #2  an intern could probably do a simple task like this; you don't need a senior dev for it, meanwhile QA'ing the editor is a much different ball of wax than QA'ing this sort of small change. Pfft, done, take it off the list. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jefito said:

Optics, schmoptics. #1, I don't know how big their Windows developer team is, but it's likely that they each have different specialties and the work tends to get divided up that way. Where I work (small developer team of 4-5 people, plus UI and QA support), there's some interchangeability in terms of the problem areas, but one thing that we almost never do is have multiple people working in the same area at the same time -- you can do it, but coordination tend to add work, not lessen it. It's been like this at other places I've worked as well. So probably one person on the editor, while other folks can work on other stuff.. #2  an intern could probably do a simple task like this; you don't need a senior dev for it, meanwhile QA'ing the editor is a much different ball of wax than QA'ing this sort of small change. Pfft, done, take it off the list. 

910414881_YourOpinion.jpg.766fb1738ee85574f5d2984ca89a99a2.jpg

Funny thing about optics is often they have little to nothing to do with reality.  ?

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, CalS said:

Funny thing about optics is often they have little to nothing to do with reality.  ?

I'll sign on to that. 

And sure it's my opinion, but it is backed by some years in the business. "The Dude", of course, will back me on this, since we are both in the League of Jeffrey's... :) 

• Level 5*

Dude, it’s about the optics not the reality!  Free range opinion therein.  Oh yeah, got my own years in the biz as well.  Watch the cocktail!

Bug Report: not sure if this has been mentioned already, but line wrap is disabled, lines do not wrap around, no matter, how many spaces I make sure the lines have in between. This happens mainly on the regular maximized app window, not on the maximized note window. 

I just did a test typing on the app window random characters, and the text and cursor disappeared without wraping around.

It seems like the same new behavior as tables, never expected to see it in all notes, if this is a "feature" and not a bug, it greatly reduces the utility of the program.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, pepr said:

Export notes is not working, not with right mouse not with File > Export (only exports 1 note...)

I see this working in the following cases:

• right-clicking on a notebook and selecting "Export Notes..."
  • multi-selecting several notes, right-clicking on the selection, and selecting "Export Notes..."
  • multi-selecting several notes, and selecting File / Export... from the main menu

What case am I missing?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Bug Report: not sure if this has been mentioned already, but line wrap is disabled, lines do not wrap around, no matter, how many spaces I make sure the lines have in between. This happens mainly on the regular maximized app window, not on the maximized note window. 

I see this working with regular typed text, in both the main note window and the separate note window, either maximized or normal,  with normal typed text. But what you're seeing may depend on any captured markup in your note, if it's from a web clip or pasted from a web site or other source that put markup text on the clipboard.

38 minutes ago, jefito said:

what you're seeing may depend on any captured markup in your note, if it's from a web clip or pasted from a web site or other source that put markup text on the clipboard.

Thanks for your comment, the problem occurs with new notes as well, with simply random typing, as explained above.

I am currently suspecting an issue with Windows 10 text zoom display, since someone else mentioned a similar issue being related to that.  What I don't quite understand is, if that is the issue, why is it not a problem with earlier versions of Evernote?

Edit UPDATE: it just randomly started working again, wrapping text normally, weird.  Still uncertain whether it is a Windows 10 problem or a beta issue.

• Level 5*
On 6/10/2018 at 6:28 AM, EdH said:

Is anyone seeing an issue where changes to the Windows client just never get sync'd to the server?

I have a bunch of notes in my @INBOX notebook that I've tagged and moved, and sync'd, but they never actually sync. My macOS, iOS, and Web Client don't show the changes.

This is the releveant parts of the activity log:

I tried to "Optimize" the database and resync via the advanced Help menu, and that didn't help.

Then I just logged off of Evernote on my PC, deleted the evernote databses, and logged back in and let it resync. I have "Sync on demand" enabled. Still no good. Nothing is working. I can add single word to a note and sync it and I get this:

Essentially, I cannot use EN on Windows at all right now other than for reading as no changes will sync.

Windows 10, build 1803. 

EDIT: Just saw @ej8899 is seeing the same thing. This should be fixed immediately, even if it is a release to roll back a beta.

@Nick Nassiri - any plans to address this issue in this group? I am 100% DOA on my Windows PC because of this. I cannot trust anything I do will sync back to the service. And I am not the only one, so it isn't my machine or my install.

1 minute ago, EdH said:

@Nick Nassiri - any plans to address this issue in this group? I am 100% DOA on my Windows PC because of this. I cannot trust anything I do will sync back to the service. And I am not the only one, so it isn't my machine or my install.

Roll back to 6.11 release... things will sync then - you get a massive pile of bugs back, and constant crashes, but hey,  at least your notes will sync. I'm just completely shocked that they're leaving this 6.13 beta so long before a new update knowing there are sync issues (and therefore data loss in one way or another).

BUG: Cursor jumps back to the top of the note.  Seems to happen after an auto-save action or possibly auto-sync.   It has happened both while i'm typing in a note... and when I'm in another window focus. (e.g. checking my email client). 

Sounds similar to this: 

On 6/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, Don Dz said:

I just noticed that there is still some cursor jumping and disappearing, not as bad or as frequent as before, but it is there, plus there is a delay before I can start typing or pasting into a new note.

9 hours ago, _BrianBell said:

BUG: Cursor jumps back to the top of the note.  Seems to happen after an auto-save action or possibly auto-sync.   It has happened both while i'm typing in a note... and when I'm in another window focus. (e.g. checking my email client).

I hope I'm wrong, but I get the impression that EN suffers from multiple race conditions, both in the editor and the syncing mechanism...

Do not make it toooo easy for our EN team: I'm sure most (all?) bugs we saw in the last beta an "stable" releases do not depend on windows updates. After some weeks of disappointing work with new releases I reverted to 6.7.x - and I'm happy like in older days - on different (and very new) windows updates.

11 hours ago, eric99 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I get the impression that EN suffers from multiple race conditions, both in the editor and the syncing mechanism...

It makes sense.  I have found that by setting Evernote to sync everyday rather than automatically or every few minutes, that seems to significantly reduce the chance of data errors, at least that's what I found with earlier versions of Evernote. 

I tend to do manual syncs after I am finished working with Evernote, automatic sync while I am still changing a note is disturbing.

39 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

For what problems does it make sense?

I have posted a number of observations concerning display issues in Evernote betas (invisible lines, line wrap issues, table display problems, etc).  Some people replied that it is probably a Windows 10 issue, so I was referring to that, since I don't know for sure the cause of the problems.

• Level 5*
On 6/4/2018 at 5:52 PM, Nick Nassiri said:

Is Evernote totally MIA in these threads? ?

Show-stopper bugs exist, and not a peep. 

• Level 5
3 hours ago, EdH said:

Is Evernote totally MIA in these threads? ?

Show-stopper bugs exist, and not a peep. 

I've mentioned this a few times. And yes, there are some other users who disagree.

In my opinion, the MIA is probably due to a combination of events involving high employee turnover, instructions from management, and being totally swamped by the number of bug comments.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I've mentioned this a few times. And yes, there are some other users who disagree.

In my opinion, the MIA is probably due to a combination of events involving high employee turnover, instructions from management, and being totally swamped by the number of bug comments.

Well, thankfully the emoji rendering engine was put in place before the chaos ensued. I cannot sync my notes, but I can pepper my unsyncable notes with angry faces. A good trade off I'd say.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, EdH said:

Well, thankfully the emoji rendering engine was put in place before the chaos ensued. I cannot sync my notes, but I can pepper my unsyncable notes with angry faces. A good trade off I'd say.

But the emojis are not in color in the note list or titles. ☹️

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, CalS said:

But the emojis are not in color in the note list or titles. ☹️

Come over to the Apple Side                                     1227129386_ScreenShot2018-06-14at07_35_01.png.2aa3099df328c7fc71e8db54dcaa1987.png

• Level 5*
On 6/12/2018 at 7:48 AM, EdH said:

Another week with no Evernote employee/developer team response, and another week the client is DOA for some of us. ? 
??

???

?

(for the adults in the room, that is emoji speak for:

• additional days, no posts
  • bugs bugs bugs
  • I'm sad

)

• Level 5*

???

10:15:27 [INFO   ] [20260] [18024] 50% Updating server note "20180602 - Dance Marathon Donation", resource count: 2, content: 323 B
10:15:27 [INFO   ] [20260] [18024] 50% * guid={b18cd12b-ed84-47f0-8417-97eb178b5814}
10:15:27 [INFO   ] [20260] [18024] 50% Activated resources = 1, for note uid = 83020
10:15:28 [ERROR  ] [20260] [18024] 50% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
10:15:28 [INFO   ] [20260] [18024] 50% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 83020

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, EdH said:

(for the adults in the room, that is emoji speak

I'm enjoying the lessons - my skills are still at ?/☹️

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I'm enjoying the lessons - my skills are still at ?/☹️

I'm making it up as I go along.

I figure we should get something useful out of this forum.

???? 

Using 6.13.12.7353 (307353) Prerelease (CE Build ce-47.0.5287), I noticed when I'm typing the cursor will often jump to the top of the window. It occurs both when typing in the main app or when the note is in a separate window. It occurs about every 2=3 minutes. It's really annoying since if I don't pay attention my text is all ending up at the top of the screen.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, rmontrose said:

Using 6.13.12.7353 (307353) Prerelease (CE Build ce-47.0.5287), I noticed when I'm typing the cursor will often jump to the top of the window. It occurs both when typing in the main app or when the note is in a separate window. It occurs about every 2=3 minutes. It's really annoying since if I don't pay attention my text is all ending up at the top of the screen.

Yup. Happens all of the time. I haven't noticed it with this particular build because it won't sync for me, so I'm not wasting my time entering new notes. But this has been a recurring issue since 6.x launched 

Probably was mentioned, I don't remember:

I attempted to move a note from my Inbox notebook to another one.  Had to do it twice before it would stick.  I have occasionally noticed the same think in connection with tags, not always.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Probably was mentioned, I don't remember:

I attempted to move a note from my Inbox notebook to another one.  Had to do it twice before it would stick.  I have occasionally noticed the same think in connection with tags, not always.

See if your event log has anything resembling this.

1 hour ago, EdH said:

See if your event log has anything resembling this.

I saved the log, then in Windows Notepad I searched for the words "error", and "fail".  Did not find anything.  Would be willing to search for something else, not sure what to look for.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, EdH said:

I'm getting the same errors all the time, usually associated with long time-outs. Sometimes notebooks and tags are not updated.

17:10:19 [ERROR  ] [14648] [12048] 50% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="ResourcesUpdateRequest"
17:10:19 [INFO   ] [14648] [12048] 50% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 7885

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 18.03 OS build 17134.112

There is also something odd going on when copy & pasting of an image into a note (e.g. from browser). Larger images (say 1MB) sometimes load extremely slow, reveiling the picture creepingly slow from top to bottom. It can take minutes until the pic is properly shown and imported. And sometimes it fails leaving the picture partially visible.

If one changes to another note in the process EN usually crashes or the picture will simply not be imported.

Of course, the whole c&p process itself is a pain as EN often manages to loose focus / cursor jump and it sometimes takes 2-3 tries to do a simple ctrl+v to be successful...

Productivity tool? ?⚰️

On 6/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, Don Dz said:

My experience with this is horrid!!! It seems to be tied to how frequent it syncs.  I could be in the middle of a Note, and while I am editing it...all of a sudden my cursor moves to the top of the screen, and i'm typing words in a different place.  This is very dangerous around Tables, especially with tables with images.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:16 AM, lhb said:

I'm getting the same errors all the time, usually associated with long time-outs. Sometimes notebooks and tags are not updated.

17:10:19 [ERROR  ] [14648] [12048] 50% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="ResourcesUpdateRequest"
17:10:19 [INFO   ] [14648] [12048] 50% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 7885

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 18.03 OS build 17134.112

I have been experiencing something similar, where I an paste images into a table, on the latest beta client for Windows, and after syncing, images are removed.  Worse, I can sync, and everything looks OK, so I navigate to a note in another Notebook, and when I go back to look at the previous note, I see almost all of my changes GONE!  Images pasted into tables, all GONE!  Cannot rely on this anymore.  Very disappointing.  Having to re-paste, hoping that it sticks for real. I have no choice but to use the non-beta client, now, until the issues with the beta client are 100% resolved.

1 hour ago, Solutions Designer 2000 said:

My experience with this is horrid!!! It seems to be tied to how frequent it syncs.  I could be in the middle of a Note, and while I am editing it...all of a sudden my cursor moves to the top of the screen, and i'm typing words in a different place.  This is very dangerous around Tables, especially with tables with images.

I have found that setting synchronization to a higher interval like everyday instead of automatically, and increasing the internal of saving the note to a higher number, tends to help with this issue so that it is not as annoying. 

I have perceived a connection between automatic synchronization and serious data corruption, at least in the past, so I try to make sure I am done typing or editing before allowing it to sync.

The only problem I have found in doing this is that sometimes if I edit the title and go to another note, it will lose all changes without warning, I have to first click on the body of the note, then I can safely go to another note.  Though I am not sure whether this phenomenon has anything to do with the changes I made above.

• Ex Employees

Thanks for these reports! We're working on addressing the issues (lost tags and content) with new notes. We have also identified the issue triggering the  EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum" sync error. 

As @Don Dz mentioned, uninstalling 6.13.12, and reinstalling 6.11.2. is the only workaround for that issue at the moment. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for these reports! We're working on addressing the issues (lost tags and content) with new notes. We have also identified the issue triggering the  EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum" sync error. 

As @Don Dz mentioned, uninstalling 6.13.12, and reinstalling 6.11.2. is the only workaround for that issue at the moment. 

Thank you for getting back to us @Austin G. Glad someone is reading the forums. ?

Any indication when a new beta build may drop? I don't want to go to the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling if you we are only a few days away from a new build that resolves the sync error you noted.

• Ex Employees
5 hours ago, EdH said:

Thank you for getting back to us @Austin G. Glad someone is reading the forums. ?

Any indication when a new beta build may drop? I don't want to go to the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling if you we are only a few days away from a new build that resolves the sync error you noted.

6.13 GA  has been released. You can select  Help > Check for Updates or download it from https://evernote.com/download/ now.

The forum post is coming soon! ?

I'm sorry, I really do not want to stir up the old discussion here but considering the hefty sync and data loss issues Beta 3 had for some users, is it really a good idea to let this go out in the wild just yet?

Luckily, I "only" encountered the tag loss issues "and the occasional note data loss" but if one asks me, these bugs are so fundamental that EN should triple test making sure all of those bugs are fixed before releasing. ESPECIALLY as those buys are not necessarily found immediately and might only surface once somebody wants to find a not with a certain tag or open a note trying to get those notes he made a months ago which now are gone...

All that looks a bit like a suicide mission to me. Elon Musk found his saboteur, I guess EN needs to find its, too.

3 hours ago, Maddhin said:

I'm sorry, I really do not want to stir up the old discussion here but considering the hefty sync and data loss issues Beta 3 had for some users, is it really a good idea to let this go out in the wild just yet?o find its, too.

I would tend to agree, theoretically the main problem is "fixed", but beta testers have not been given the chance to verify it yet, particularly since it seems a bit unpredictable as to when it happens.

8 hours ago, Austin G said:

6.13 GA  has been released. You can select  Help > Check for Updates or download it from https://evernote.com/download/ now.

Took a chance... immediately regret it:

07:35:17 [ERROR  ] [6948] [3420] Geocoding: unexpected status: "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT"

I think this is a new one... at least I don't recall seeing this error before.  What is my query limit before I go over? 

Here's the same errors as before on non-syncing notes:
07:37:23 [ERROR  ] [6948] [6336] 80% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:37:23 [INFO   ] [6948] [6336] 80% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 96324
07:37:23 [INFO   ] [6948] [6336] 85% Updating server note "21JUNE2018 – Quote of the Day", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
07:37:23 [INFO   ] [6948] [6336] 85% * guid={ff7fb5a8-ae9f-4f9a-9c3b-0507691f7f7b}
07:37:23 [ERROR  ] [6948] [6336] 85% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:37:23 [INFO   ] [6948] [6336] 85% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 96326

You're going to a have a lot of really pissed off customers since this is hitting general release.
Back to 6.11 for me ... and trying to get something done with it crashing every couple of minutes. 

Sigh... 
hmm.. what is the emoji for sigh??  ? <-- there we go.. "disappointed". 

I'm guessing that since core functionality of Evernote is now seriously broken (syncing - which essentially equates to data loss when you're dealing with multiple devices),  that I should likely never expect work chat to work again.. or the invisible bugs tag to get fixed?  

chat bug: http://www.evernote.com/l/AJD5jlwwy3pLP7W5y3gIJotcXcZCF67QEgE/ 

invisible tags: http://www.evernote.com/l/AJDRYO7yD5pNGqe8lTVHvR9A-JyKoYf4NZA/

Curiously, I ask, what exit strategies do other users have with evernote? 
I'm about 37,000 notes deep across windows, web, ios and android platforms.  ?

I was surprised to read this morning a new general release was out for public consumption.

I would propose a different game plan for the next round of beta testing

a) post an announcement about what bugs and enhancements will be addressed in the next beta.

b) post the beta identifying  what  the subset list  of bugs and or enhancement are addressed in the beta release

c) set a timeline for feedback and resolution of the bugs

d) repeat b and c until all of the bugs are addressed

e) do a final test release to confirm all bugs identified in this round of beta test are addressed 

f) then release the updated version for public use.

My experience so far is that we don't have a beta testing structure that is clear and well defined.  A structure is important to ensure everyone knows how his or her time, energy and wisdom will be used to build a better product.

Jerry

Might be a good plan - BUT: all bugs we are discussing here over the last offical and beta releases have been "implemented" beside some new features. If beta testers are informed about new features (and fixed bugs) they will test exactly this. New bugs in other (normally well known) areas tend to be unseen by beta testers (my believe).

Bugs like "lost focus", "cursor jumps", "list formatting failures", "sync probs", "lost content" and so on have to (and can!) be caught during development by executing automated regression tests on developer's site. There is a bunch of tools available to implement this (my suggestion would be Ranorex ;-).

As an example: We (as EN users over many years) really like the new space concept and did some tests with its special functionality. It was OK, so we decided to use it starting with 3 users, having a plan to exend our user group up to 10 or more collegues. BUT: To use most of the new functionality (and this is "only" a new management of notebooks) we have to upgrade local clients to 6.11 (or so - for sure newer than 6.7). Now all versions later than 6.7 are ugly-buggy in normal note editor...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I would tend to agree, theoretically the main problem is "fixed", but beta testers have not been given the chance to verify it yet, particularly since it seems a bit unpredictable as to when it happens.

Yeah, this isn't beta testing. This is just tossing out builds for people to use and once in a while the GA switch is flipped. Shouldn't call it beta testing. Need a new word. Maybe something like fauxsessment, mockapproval, or simply trial and error.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Austin G said:

This would be funny if it weren't sad. You just unleashed this bug on your general users!

08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [16188] Client synchronization started
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Loaded updateCount: 680978
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% SyncState: devices used: 4
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 680978
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Updating server items
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Updating server note "Maps of Meaning - Audiobook | Audible...", resource count: 24, content: 0 B
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% * guid={b385e2e2-3c03-4712-a2ac-c88de9296535}
08:08:38 [ERROR  ] [7264] [23532] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 0% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 11972
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 33% Updating server note "20180206 - Dance Marathon Donation", resource count: 2, content: 323 B
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 33% * guid={b18cd12b-ed84-47f0-8417-97eb178b5814}
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 33% Activated resources = 1, for note uid = 83020
08:08:38 [ERROR  ] [7264] [23532] 33% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 33% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 83020
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 67% Updating server note "When to use RELATED() or RELATEDTABLE()", resource count: 0, content: 1.2 KB
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 67% * guid={66a9fe42-d590-42eb-8bb0-48276fde6ee5}
08:08:38 [ERROR  ] [7264] [23532] 67% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
08:08:38 [INFO   ] [7264] [23532] 67% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 83200

Note remains unsync'd, trapped on my Windows client.

If only there was a process where you could get a group of people together, and you shared the app with them so they could use it and evaluate it to see if anything was broken, then take that feedback and make changes to remove the broken parts, then give them the program again to make sure the broken stuff isn't still broken and then continue that process until it is deemed good enough to release to the public.

Someone should invent such a process.

Just re-reading @Austin G's earlier post.. it says they IDENTIFIED the bug causing sync errors... No where was mentioned they fixed it.  I guess I'm the fool for upgrading.  Like @EdH, I'm trapped in Windows.. either work on only that one device and forget about syncing notes, or roll back to a completely unstable build. 

Still looking for exit strategy ideas if anyone else has solutions in mind... It's almost like Evernote is just toying with us now. Yes, I know this is a beta forum, but releasing to mainstream users a problem that breaks core functionality is just a horrific move. 

• Ex Employees
31 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

Just re-reading @Austin G's earlier post.. it says they IDENTIFIED the bug causing sync errors... No where was mentioned they fixed it.  I guess I'm the fool for upgrading.  Like @EdH, I'm trapped in Windows.. either work on only that one device and forget about syncing notes, or roll back to a completely unstable build. 

Still looking for exit strategy ideas if anyone else has solutions in mind... It's almost like Evernote is just toying with us now. Yes, I know this is a beta forum, but releasing to mainstream users a problem that breaks core functionality is just a horrific move. 

Yes. Sorry for being unclear. We're still working on a fix for the "Note.updateSequenceNum" sync error.

Please reinstall 6.11.2 until this is fixed: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.11.2.7027.exe

• Ex Employees
4 hours ago, Maddhin said:

my tags are still disappearing in 6.13GA... ?

I can't reproduce this issue on the current GA. Anyone else still seeing this?

I've opened a support ticket to investigate this further. Please reply to the email in your inbox when you can. thanks. 

If I would be American, I'd ask whether there are any lawyers in the thread and what has to happen to constitute „damage through gross negligence"... ? I bet were pretty darn close... 

But joking aside: it's beyond disappointment to see EN ruining the product without any need to. Suicide. 

Do we need to start asking for money back so someone starts paying attention? 

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Austin G said:

Yes. Sorry for being unclear. We're still working on a fix for the "Note.updateSequenceNum" sync error.

I am completely mystified as to why, knowing this bug exists, you would push a build out to the public that has it.

But, I guess somewhere some program manager got to check a box that they delivered another version by some date they committed to a few weeks ago.

44 minutes ago, Austin G said:

I can't reproduce this issue on the current GA. Anyone else still seeing this?

Sorry, I don't dare to install the latest GA anymore. My confidence has dropped below zero. I can't believe that EN doesn't care about database integrity, the core of the product!

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Sorry, I don't dare to install the latest GA anymore. My confidence has dropped below zero. I can't believe that EN doesn't care about database integrity, the core of the product!

Same. As soon as I get a version that syncs, I am disabling automatic updating of Evernote. I'll sit on a 2 year old version if I have to. After releasing an unsyncable version to the beta channel, then disappearing for two weeks!!!!! it is clear EN is not taking their product seriously. 

And to make sure we understand that, they released that bug to the the GA channel.

Oh look! EMOJI. Cool. Use this one to express your frustration and having notes being unable to sync. ?

I really miss the days when @dlu and @kvitekp were supporting the Windows platform. And to think 2 years ago I went through the Evernote process to become an Evernote Community Leader. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone in its current form. 

I just saw where Evernote now supports Microsoft Teams. I cannot imagine a company adopting Evernote in this state. And I say that as being a person that was one of the first to get our company on Evernote for Business back in 2013 or 2014 - it was actually 2-3 months before it was really released for companies to subscribe to. Sigh....

I am still in doubt, but for now, I can no longer reproduce the two tries to add a tag or change notebooks in a note.  I guess theoretically that means this is fixed (in the GA version at least)?  I guess I won't go running back to 6.11 just yet . . . .

As far as the note sync errors, during another beta (not recent) I had to get support to fix the issues of my notes not syncing for me, which at the time kinda scared me away from betas.  Maybe some individual support attention is required for those who are seeing some of those issues?  I don't know. 

My log file is not showing errors yet. 

10 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

As far as the note sync errors, during another beta (not recent) I had to get support to fix the issues of my notes not syncing for me, which at the time kinda scared me away from betas.  Maybe some individual support attention is required for those who are seeing some of those issues?  I don't know. 

My log file is not showing errors yet. 

What sort of notes do you have?  It seems like the main culprit of non-syncing notes are ones that originate elsewhere - ie an emailed note, one generated by IFTTT,  or another source such as mobile - or another device.  At least for me anyway. 

2 hours ago, ej8899 said:

What sort of notes do you have?  It seems like the main culprit of non-syncing notes are ones that originate elsewhere - ie an emailed note, one generated by IFTTT,  or another source such as mobile - or another device.  At least for me anyway. 

I have a lot of notes that originate elsewhere, but I generally paste the information manually, very rarely do I allow automatic note creation by another program. I am guessing this is what you mean?  I do use the share feature to create notes from other apps into Evernote in my Android device.

I don't trust Evernote as an email client personally, too much private data on my emails.

Whenever possible, I tend to use plain text when creating a new note, I find it tends to reduce the chance of problems in my experience, though I have plenty of graphics and pictures in notes.   So far I have no audio notes, and I generally do not use the drawing tool.

43 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

What's the point of releasing a new GA without any major improvements if it means pushing out a sync bug?

Yes. And I wonder how they would feel if they got sued for pushing knowingly faulty software with potential data loss to payed users, even after the very same users used as beta testers reported the bugs multiple times. Only in Evernote, folks. Only in Evernote. A 100 year company. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, EdH said:

Same. As soon as I get a version that syncs, I am disabling automatic updating of Evernote. I'll sit on a 2 year old version if I have to. After releasing an unsyncable version to the beta channel, then disappearing for two weeks!!!!! it is clear EN is not taking their product seriously

Unfortunately, and sadly, I have to agree. I spent a lot of time making Evernote work for me with notebooks and tags. Huge number of tags. It meant that I could generally find things very quickly. However, it was becoming more and more depressing to see the increasing number of backward steps that were being made in 'upgrades.' So I recently made the switch to a competitor product. Some 20,000 notes have now been transferred across, and so far I am liking the feature set. A couple of things that I miss, but not many. A lot of new features that I really like. If Evernote is able to introduce some major changes, and get them right, I might come back. Otherwise, I will be canceling my automatic renewal.

I don't see the legal option being a viable one, because it is expensive, and there is probably at least one wiggle out clause preventing damages for lost data, etc. Evernote was a good product for many years, but I fear that new and bigger entrants into the notes arena have left Evernote for dead in the dust. But for me, it became time to move on.

22 minutes ago, FactMan said:

So I recently made the switch to a competitor product. Some 20,000 notes have now been transferred across, and so far I am liking the feature set. A couple of things that I miss, but not many. A lot of new features that I really like. If Evernote is able to introduce some major changes, and get them right, I might come back. Otherwise, I will be canceling my automatic renewal.

I have seen a lot of people talking about moving to Onenote, so I exported all my data from Evernote to there, I figured the duplication could not hurt, but the result was quite dreadful, performance wise, really slow, on Windows, Android, and iPad, so I gave up. 

I have found Simplenote very nice and useful, very fast, but not nearly as useful as Evernote, besides, it lacks note linking, which is my main organizational tool since long before Evernote.. 

So until something comes around that is better, I will have to just tolerate Evernote for the time being, it is the only thing that really works, at least for me.  Yes, I have been badly burn by Evernote before too, but I have a few tricks to minimize the damage.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Krunoslav said:

Yes. And I wonder how they would feel if they got sued for pushing knowingly faulty software with potential data loss to payed users, even after the very same users used as beta testers reported the bugs multiple times. Only in Evernote, folks. Only in Evernote. A 100 year company. 

Sadly, their lawyers would laugh at you. The EULA/TOS specifically excludes damages, or that the the program will even perform as claimed. Very very typical of software contracts.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gustavgi said:

What's the point of releasing a new GA without any major improvements if it means pushing out a sync bug?

I don't know that they knew. @Nick Nassiri vanished after posting the initial post for this thread, and by the time @Austin G came in and said a new version was getting pushed out, it was probably already far enough down the pipeline in compiling and getting posted as to be beyond getting pulled back, at least by anyone other than a senior manager.

• Level 5*

Hasn't even been to the forums since 2 days after his announcement post. Which is fine. His prerogative, and I am sure there is no requirement by his manager to keep up to date on the bug reports on a given build, but I've no desire to test in a vacuum, and by "test" i mean run a buggy unsyncable version for which there is no escape.

image.thumb.png.f2899af0869638fe1d55f67eef608874.png

Recap: copy PDFs

Compared to the sync issues this is a small problem but it is still highly annoying in the normal work flow: is there any way EN can implement a button or anything that allows to copy and/or drag&drag PDF files that are NOT in "attachment mode"? It is ridiculous to always do "show pdf as attachment", copy the file and then unmark "show as attachement" again.

I know we have been discussing various workarounds here (most efficient: export to folder on desktop) but IMHO anybody who is actually actively using EN will work with PDFs. I'm actually surprised EN employees are actually bearing / tolerating this internally when working with PDFs. Or what software are they using?!? I guess they can tolerate because EN is paying for their time...

14 hours ago, Krunoslav said:

And I wonder how they would feel if they got sued for pushing knowingly faulty software

But then ...

I wonder what the Judge's reaction would be to the plaintiff admitting they installed knowingly faulty software (that's what "beta" means) and then wasted the court's time with a frivolous lawsuit. It's doubtful any lawyer would even take the case. Suing over flaws in "beta" software? I can hear the laughter already.

Archived