Mysterious Evernote Web UI

PETStech

This weekend, while setting up an account with which to share some notebooks, somehow I was served a link to a different UI for Evernote Web. I can't explain exactly how I acquired it.

ENW_3.png.176fc7b57660aea06fb05d8865b0e584.png

Above is the left 2/3 of the UI. The right 1/3 displays the selected note.

This is the URL: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s61/share/190ab-s61/#st=p&n=a0de6513-7ca9-41a3-b414-9dd587520b06

One problem with it is that it isn't handling, properly, notebook lists with more than a dozen notes. E.g., if I have a notebook with 47 notes, the first 10-12 will appear, but when I try to scroll the list, the remaining notes don't appear (just blank space), and I when proceed with additional scrolling, more notes that previously appear, disappear, until just the first two remain.

Can anyone explain what this UI is all about, whether it will be fixed and available in the future given the new beta version of Evernote Web?

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, PETStech said:

Can anyone explain what this UI is all about, whether it is be fixed and available in the future given the new beta version of Evernote Web?

There is a new beta version available.  More info at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/113856-new-web-experience-beta-now-available/
You can revert to the old version in user settings1824113875_ScreenShot2018-06-03at10_36_45.png.11855a893dcd94377739d03b3c2fed2a.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PETStech said:

Can anyone explain what this UI is all about, whether it will be fixed and available in the future given the new beta version of Evernote Web?

You can go to Settings - Account Summary on the web and opt to go back to a previous version (Classic or Current) from this alpha/beta version.

• Level 5*
On 6/3/2018 at 1:22 PM, PETStech said:

You are showing the old "classic" version of Evernote web.

There's a newer version, the "current" version, which has been around for at least a couple of years. Prettier, but actually less functional than the "classic" version in some respects, this seems to have been languishing for awhile, at least no new features have been added.

And now there's the new "beta" version. This is what I would consider to be a work in progress, and as far as I can tell, where all web client development work is going at the moment.

As noted above, you can switch among these in Account / Settings. Not everyone can switch to the "classic" version, as far as I know; I think it's based on whether you ever used it before the current version came out, o rsomething like that.

Thanks for the informative reply. I've been a casual Evernote user since 2012 and may have used/forgotten it way back when. Too bad its useless for notebooks with more than 10-12 notes, as I like it's functionality.

Yeah, that's the Classic. Still the best and most functional web version. Every time I try the "new" version, within minutes I run away screaming, it's so bad.

I've noticed the same issue where only the first x notes appear, and then the list is blank. I really wish they would fix this. 

Archived