Evernote for Gmail Addon

On 6/3/2018 at 8:00 AM, kotekhutsishvili said:

It would be very cool

I assume something similar to the Outlook add-on, where you can save emails directly to Evernote from gMail. Is that what you have in mind or something different?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 6/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, macfixer said:

I use this, which can connect with Apple Mail.app for Mac, as well as Gmail on the web:

https://mailbutler.io

I used the Mailbutler predecessor Evermail, until they killed and replaced it.
I don't need the features; just email > evernote

My current solution is scripting (Mac).  This lets me customize the result, appearance, tags etc.

9AC3CAFA-ECB3-4475-AF2B-65C1F7DDF835.png.b9026516b30c076d763d8e367ba5691d.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 4:07 AM, macfixer said:

I use this, which can connect with Apple Mail.app for Mac, as well as Gmail on the web:

https://mailbutler.io

The "Save to Evernote" function on the new MailButler doesn't work for me - it stopped working some months ago - it was the main feature I had purchased mailbutler. I am windering if anybody else is experiencing this and if you know of a work around solution: is the problem related to a change on Evernote or is it just a poor job by MailButler? 

Thanks in advance for support/inputs,

Sante

34 minutes ago, macfixer said:

It was 'spun off' with version 2.0 if I recall correctly. More information here:
https://support.mailbutler.io/knowledge-base/evernote/

Thanks for the input which actually got me to solve the problem - at least in part, the additional plugin (which I had) suddenly stopped working one day. When I approached Mailbutler support, they told me it was their problem so I didn't even try to solve... today I played with the configuration and it's working again... This kind of integration with important platforms such as Mail for Mac could be an integration Evernote could offer directly IMO - I find the integration with Mail priceless, an incredible added value

14 minutes ago, sjachille said:

Thanks for the input which actually got me to solve the problem - at least in part, the additional plugin (which I had) suddenly stopped working one day. When I approached Mailbutler support, they told me it was their problem so I didn't even try to solve... today I played with the configuration and it's working again... This kind of integration with important platforms such as Mail for Mac could be an integration Evernote could offer directly IMO - I find the integration with Mail priceless, an incredible added value

There is a newer Mail plugin that (as of Mojave) still works with Evernote.

https://support.mailbutler.io/knowledge-base/export-an-email-to-evernote-using-evernote-exporter/

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I would like an Evernote Add-on for Gmail that functions just like Google Keep, meaning that my Evernote notes would appear in the collapsible right side panel in the Gmail.

Annotated screenshot here: https://www.evernote.com/l/ABjhhGBwxDxBj48HNK_nHZdsXeUe3hUxpgQ

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried using it and if there is a conversation chain it ignores every email in the conversation except for the very last one. The clipper is more useful in this regard. If possible there should be an option in a chain to choose which emails to save

• Ex Employees

@Jim Finn You can do that now. After opening the Evernote GMail addon, Click on the "..." menu next to the "X" and select "Settings". Then, enable "Show messages in thread". Click "Apply Changes." Then click the left arrow to go back to the previous screen. You should now see an entry for "Conversation" and should say "1 of X messages." Click "Edit" and select what messages you would like to clip in the conversation and click "Apply changes". This should then clip all the selected messages to the note.

I personally think this is too complicated and will pass on the information to the team so that they can hopefully surface this information better.

Found that setting Thanks.

However it comes across as very unweildly with a lot of extra steps and I am struggling to see the advantage of using this add on over the web clipper or just forwarding to the evernote email.

• Ex Employees
15 hours ago, Jim Finn said:

Found that setting Thanks.

However it comes across as very unweildly with a lot of extra steps and I am struggling to see the advantage of using this add on over the web clipper or just forwarding to the evernote email.

I agree about it being unwieldly. But it appears that you only need to enable it once and then it should always appear on the first screen. 

I followed-up with the dev team and here's what they told me: In general, clipping multiple emails in a thread is a bad experience. This is due to each message in a thread often contains all previous entries in the thread as well (due to email clients defaulting to "quoting" the previous email). So clipping multiple messages just ends up with lots of duplication in the Evernote note. Also, it quickly balloons the size of the resulting note, which slows down the save, making for a bad experience for our users. So ultimately, they decided to not show the option by default, but allow it to be discovered and enabled for those seeking the option.

More feedback on the Gmail add-on:

– seems as if there isn’t a link back created to the email in gmail when using the add-on (whereas the clipper does create a ”Open conversation in gmail” link)

– no email addresses are shown in the created note, which makes it even more necessary to be able to easily go back to the email (note created with old clipper shows email addresses)

– doesn't seem to create a preview image in the notes list in Evernote (which the clipper does)

Super handy being able to add notes to email though, both on desktop and mobile (iOS). A bit confusing that the ”add Evernote note” function in the compose window on iOS is under the three-dot menu, while the ”create note (clip)” is accessed with the icon (and that it is all the way at the end of the emails... scroll scroll scroll...). On the desktop both features are accessed via an icon.

From the number of comments on the Add-on page there is clearly a problem for some users. I am one!

The add-on appeared to install, and is listed in the Gmail-Settings-Addons page, but there is no icon showing on the mail page(s). I have followed one comment suggestion that I close and restart the browser, but still no change.

I would think it was just me, but there does appear to be a systemic problem.

I just tried using it in Safari on my Mac.

Couple of ideas (I'm assuming you all want feedback):

1. If you have more than 25 notebooks, paging through them is kind of tedious.
  2. Adding tags is a little clunky.  The first time I tried using it, I selected a bunch of tags and clicked back.  That wiped out all of my tags.  I assumed the Save at the bottom was to save the email, not the tags.

Just my two cents.

image.png.90829611c3a19d2d81fe52114397adfc.png

@Shane D. Thanks for picking this up.

The behaviour (ie, no sign of any icon) in both Chrome and Edge on my Windows 10 Pro Version 1809.

Attached images are for Edge and Chrome, showing the mail page and the Settings-Adding page. When viewing an email the options shown are the normal ones (image not uploaded by I can if you want).

Edge-gmail.jpg

Edge-gmail-options.jpg

Chrome-gmail-options.jpg

Chrome-gmail.jpg

Evernote for Gmail is very inconvenient. I have to scroll through pages and pages of notebook names and tag names.

Why don't they make it like web clipper where it is searchable or in one big list?

Archived