Attachments not available - BACKUP File only

Today I went to open an attachment in Evernote I had just updated a few hours back, and it had disappeared from the note. I searched in my attachments folder, and all that remained was the BACKUP File, but the original was gone. I noticed that of the many attachments I have embedded in my notes, all but a few were also gone.

I can assure you that my folder was not compromised in the time between opening the document, so I'm not sure what has happened. Please advise.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, Santino said:

Today I went to open an attachment in Evernote I had just updated a few hours back, and it had disappeared from the note. I searched in my attachments folder, and all that remained was the BACKUP File, but the original was gone. I noticed that of the many attachments I have embedded in my notes, all but a few were also gone.

I can assure you that my folder was not compromised in the time between opening the document, so I'm not sure what has happened. Please advise.

What version of the Windows app are you on?

After the V6.8 update, I've lost attachments especially image files. That's why I am on the 6.7 version at work. 

Without the note history option, this issue could be a bigger nightmare so I would recommend rolling back to a version that worked for you. 6.13 Beta 3 (I think) is out now, you might also try that out.

• Level 5*
On 5/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, Santino said:

The Attachments folder isn't where Evernote stores its copy of your attachments. It's where it stores temporary copies of an attachment if you edit/view them in an external program. In theory, it works like this:

• You activate an attachment from Evernote.
  • Evernote copies the attachment from its database into a file in the Attachments folder, and activates the desired application.
  • The application picks up the copy, and you view it or edit. If you're editing, you save the document as normal (usually Ctrl+S), and exit the application.
  • Evernote sees that the copy on disk has changed, and hoists it back into its internal database.
  • At that point, it should be able to delete the temporary copy (though it may not be able to if it's open inside the editing application)

If it's disappeared from the note, then that's a different problem. You might need to check into your Note History to retrieve a saved copy.

Archived