Custom Date Formats

MTB_TX

Idea

In Preferences allow users to define their own date formats, or include every imaginable format. I use yyyy-mm-dd extensively and would love to make it my default date format.

• Like 2

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

To protect myself from the vagaries of developers and OS's I use AutoHotKey for date insertion.  Not that complicated and I get what I want. 

Plus I can automate other repetitive keyboard/mouse tasks using AHK.  Reminders being an example in Windows desktop version.  FWIW.

• Like 2

I have always been happy with the default date format that Evernote uses for alt-shift-d:

3/3/15

I recently changed computers and reinstalled Evernote and now I am getting a different format:

November 24, 2020

I see that Evernote is supposed to use the Windows short date format, however that is not the case for me as my short date format was set to m/d/yyyy and I haven't touched it. Also this new date format doesn't match the Windows long date format in my system either. Also changing either format in Windows has no effect on the Evernote format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - I see where that can be done with Autohotkey. I have PowerToys installed, but that doesn't seem to have the same scripting capability.

Still, isn't Evernote supposed to honor the Windows date format? If I do the same thing in Word it follows the setting. Is this a bug Evernote?

"To protect myself from the vagaries of developers and OS's I use AutoHotKey for date insertion.  Not that complicated and I get what I want. "

I'd like a step by step on how to do this AHK date insertion, if it isn't too much trouble.  Thanks