Tables are a permanent thing and it will not go away because there's no option to do anything with it. You can't change the size. You can't align the text. And to make things worse, there's no way to exit the table unless you've preemptively added a new line beneath it. I have heard you need to download some add-on in order to customise the tables, but that's just not how you keep a user happy. I shouldn't have to download an add-on for something already built-in and common in all word processors.

Please either convince me to keep using this application or tell me what I'm doing wrong that I should learn with Evernote.

Also, can anyone share their experience with these features? If I seriously need to download an add-on, I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around any longer. Why offer a tool that isn't even fully functional? I was forced to redo an entire note because of a non-user-friendly tool.

On 5/30/2018 at 12:28 AM, Chiburu said:

Tables are a permanent thing and it will not go away because there's no option to do anything with it. You can't change the size. You can't align the text. And to make things worse, there's no way to exit the table unless you've preemptively added a new line beneath it. I have heard you need to download some add-on in order to customise the tables, but that's just not how you keep a user happy. I shouldn't have to download an add-on for something already built-in and common in all word processors.

Please either convince me to keep using this application or tell me what I'm doing wrong that I should learn with Evernote.

Also, can anyone share their experience with these features? If I seriously need to download an add-on, I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around any longer. Why offer a tool that isn't even fully functional? I was forced to redo an entire note because of a non-user-friendly tool.

What version are you on?

In the windows app, you can change the size of the columns and rows. You can align the texts in the individual cells or the entire row/column. I do not have an add on for tables. It was somewhere around 6.x (prior to 6.7 and I think maybe 6.5) table functions got a major overhaul so maybe you are on an older version. Otherwise, please upload a screenshot or a video of what you are seeing.

• Level 5*
On 5/30/2018 at 12:28 AM, Chiburu said:

I have heard you need to download some add-on in order to customise the tables, but that's just not how you keep a user happy.

Um, where did you hear this? It's hard to try to help when given such vague information.

How to make the tables stable so that I can see the note completely during split screen in Windows 10?

As you can see in the following image that I have to use the slider to see the complete note from left to right or vice versa. 

Capture.PNG.4fc40396253e75767874dd2c1f88af5d.PNG

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 6:20 AM, TK0047 said:

What version are you on?

In the windows app, you can change the size of the columns and rows. You can align the texts in the individual cells or the entire row/column. I do not have an add on for tables. It was somewhere around 6.x (prior to 6.7 and I think maybe 6.5) table functions got a major overhaul so maybe you are on an older version. Otherwise, please upload a screenshot or a video of what you are seeing.

After updating yesterday, I am facing the table problem again.

Can I make tables permanent as earlier?  

On 8/11/2018 at 4:10 AM, rubikscube said:

After updating yesterday, I am facing the table problem again.

Can I make tables permanent as earlier?  

Unfortunately, you cannot just change the tables and not change your version. 

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, rubikscube said:

Will version change allow me to do so? For example, say, premium. 

Nope, same software no matter the subscription level.  I think tables went from dynamic view to fixed somewhere around 6.7, though don't hold me to it.  Prior to that if one modified columns to fixed widths viewing the table on a different platform would change them to dynamic widths. 

The "fix" was to go to fixed width columns which I think your are referring to???  An option for fixed or dynamic width columns would have been nice but wasn't in the cards.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, CalS said:

Nope, same software no matter the subscription level.  I think tables went from dynamic view to fixed somewhere around 6.7, though don't hold me to it.  Prior to that if one modified columns to fixed widths viewing the table on a different platform would change them to dynamic widths. 

The "fix" was to go to fixed width columns which I think your are referring to???  An option for fixed or dynamic width columns would have been nice but wasn't in the cards.

Yes. You are the first person to understand my problem. 

And exactly, an option for fixed or dynamic width columns would have been great. ☹️

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, rubikscube said:

Yes. You are the first person to understand my problem. 

And exactly, an option for fixed or dynamic width columns would have been great. ☹️

Yeah.  I happen to be on the other end of the spectrum.  Since most of mine are templates I prefer fixed width tables.  Does not work 100% though since tables don't maintain perspective across platforms, that is to say, the text can sometimes wrap on IOS where it doesn't on Windows.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Hello, and welcome to the forums. We are mostly other users here, not Evernote staff. Also, you're responding to a two-year-old thread about a completely different problem. It would be more helpful (to you, and to other users who would like to help you) if you would start a new thread, and give as much information about the problem as possible: are you using the Web beta or the earlier version; exactly what steps did you follow; does this happen in all notes, or just one; etc.

• Like 1