Evernote Windows 7 have to click twice to edit

How long will Evernote go unfixed? Every edit requires two clicks to access the note. Copying from a note can also take two ctrl-c presses. Adding a hyperlink to a word most always pastes the hyperlink at the top of the note on the first try, which is super annoying. I've been using Evernote for years and the editing issues have hurt my work flow. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you reported your issues to Support yet?  Every user who contacts them helps to give a better picture of what's going wrong and where... and eventually how to fix it.  The delays are in finding out what is causing the issue - a fix might be pretty simple once that's done. 

https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if that doesn't work,  or you're not a subscriber.  

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, LazulineMidna said:

Still having this issue as well, after months.

I'd love to report it, but I'm not a premium subscriber (and I don't have Twitter), so this is the only way I can communicate about an issue.

Shame - the more help Evernote get from users,  the quicker they can find a solution - and maybe suggest some work-arounds in the meantime..

On 5/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, gazumped said:

Shame - the more help Evernote get from users,  the quicker they can find a solution - and maybe suggest some work-arounds in the meantime..

If Evernote wanted help from users, they'd allow any user to submit a bug report. Any free-to-play game or free app I've used allows you to do this. I'm not expecting live chat support, just the ability to - as you say - help them solve their issues.

As a non-premium user, when I try to submit a ticket I get stuck in a repetitive loop of web pages. I didn't understand why I kept getting sent back to the start screen ("EVERNOTE SUPPORT. What can we help you with?"). They never explain that you can't do it if you're not a premium subscriber. That is bewildering to me, why you wouldn't have the respect to clearly state "you can't report a bug or send an email if you aren't premium." People have wasted so much time trying to help Evernote, getting lost in that cycle of submitting a ticket, and thinking they're doing something wrong since Evernote consistently says in its help and how-to sections "feel free to submit a ticket".

I am also a Free user and while I've really enjoyed using Evernote for years, the latest "improvements" leave me wondering why it seems that things get broken quicker than they get fixed!  I've been dealing with this "2 click" annoyance for a couple months now, sure is a time waster!  And no I don't do Twitter either, so this is all I've got.

I came looking for an answer to this very annoying issue. What I learned is that in order to be listened to here, you have to be premium user. And Evernote apparently isn't interested in solving issues; however, they are concern the status of who asks a question

"How long will Evernote go unfixed? Every edit requires two clicks to access the note. Copying from a note can also take two ctrl-c presses. Adding a hyperlink to a word most always pastes the hyperlink at the top of the note on the first try, which is super annoying. I've been using Evernote for years and the editing issues have hurt my work flow. "

• Level 5
21 hours ago, West Coast Hiker said:

I came looking for an answer to this very annoying issue. What I learned is that in order to be listened to here, you have to be premium user. And Evernote apparently isn't interested in solving issues; however, they are concern the status of who asks a question

This is not correct. Support via the Evernote support page is a paid feature. But in the forums here, Premium and Basic users carry exactly the same weight (whatever weight that may be). As for Evernote's disinterest in solutions, check these posts in other threads on the same topic (of which there are several):

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a long time Evernote user (9 years at least) and currently a Plus user, and I'm seriously considering moving to another app, because at each update, Evernote is becoming worse and ruining my experience. It was excellent, and then they simply decided to degrade it for no reason (almost the same with Skype). Really disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same error on different computers. I have just reinstalled Evernote in a recently adquired laptop and the strange cursor behaviour also happens on it. When you have a selected text and copy it, the selection dissapears and you go to the destination program with the previous copy-paste content on the memory. Plus when you are going to write, the cursor dissapears and you need to click again. 

If this would have happen when I began to use Evernote, I'd never have used for my work. Hope it can be fixed soon. It's really very annoying.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, sva03066 said:

I am experiencing the same error on different computers. I have just reinstalled Evernote in a recently adquired laptop and the strange cursor behaviour also happens on it. When you have a selected text and copy it, the selection dissapears and you go to the destination program with the previous copy-paste content on the memory. Plus when you are going to write, the cursor dissapears and you need to click again. 

If this would have happen when I began to use Evernote, I'd never have used for my work. Hope it can be fixed soon. It's really very annoying.

If it is of any help, the error occurs when there is something in the search bar.  Best I can tell EN is aware of the problem but seems to be having a lot of trouble isolating it.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, sva03066 said:

Unfortunately, 90% of times I edit a note, I have reached it through the search bar. 

You are not alone there.  I don’t have F6 reset the search so I can use it to clear the bar and then edit.  Still a PITA.  

• 1 month later...

I canceled my Premium Subscription due to this very issue.  When I called to cancel the support rep said that this bug was fixed 2 version releases prior to the version I had installed.  This issue is maddening.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this.  

FYI current version I'm runnning is 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jhamstring said:

I canceled my Premium Subscription due to this very issue.  When I called to cancel the support rep said that this bug was fixed 2 version releases prior to the version I had installed.  This issue is maddening.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this.  

FYI current version I'm runnning is 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)

The bug is fixed in the current GA, 6.14.5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, CalS said:

The bug is fixed in the current GA, 6.14.5.

YAYYYY!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!!  I just updated to 6.15 (I was on 6.13 before) and I can now copy and paste with only clicking ONCE.

This makes me very happy ;-)

Archived