Search improvements

rhedberg

Idea

Hey team Evernote,

I think it would be great if you don't have to choose between searching for notebooks and all notes just a catch all search. Its quite often that I just open Evernote and I want to quickly search for something. I enter my search string and to my frustration see that there are no results until I realize that I was "just" searching for notebooks. The default search would make more sense to have for all notes or and just include notebooks as a category of results? That must be a more relevant scenario than I want to find my specific workbook...since I guess that most people have between 10-50 of those and hence are quite easy to scroll through?

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, rhedberg said:

Hey team Evernote,

I think it would be great if you don't have to choose between searching for notebooks and all notes just a catch all search. Its quite often that I just open Evernote and I want to quickly search for something. I enter my search string and to my frustration see that there are no results until I realize that I was "just" searching for notebooks. The default search would make more sense to have for all notes or and just include notebooks as a category of results? That must be a more relevant scenario than I want to find my specific workbook...since I guess that most people have between 10-50 of those and hence are quite easy to scroll through?

When you open EN fresh you should have the magnifying glass icon to press to go right to a search.  If returning to the app you may have to change focus based upon where you were when you left it open.

Archived