Evernote "call taking" template ?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.

I am a professional working in the field with many clients around my territory. I am also receiving/doing a lot of phone calls. I would like to create an evernote template to take notes on my ipad/phone/computer and would like to be able to generate an excel sheet so that I can monitor my interactions (so I can sort my interaction per date, topics, client, etc.). First, is it possible to do that with evernote? If yes, what would be the best way to proceed ?

Thanks

Marc-Olivier

• Level 5*

Just make a note with the information that you would want to collect. Maybe make it a two-column table. Now you have a template for a call note. Add tags to represent topics.

Generating an Excel sheet? Well, you can export, on a note-by-note basis, to HTML, which Excel can read. That may not be convenient, though. I suppose you could make a note with a table that has rows for individual calls, and columns for each bit of information that you want to capture. You can't sort that in Evernote, but you can export the whole thing to Excel.

You may need to use a dedicated call-logging app; it just might be easier all around...

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 5/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, SkyzoMarco said:

generate an excel sheet so that I can monitor my interactions (so I can sort my interaction per date, topics, client, etc.)

I make sure the titles include the important info and I mass copy to a spreadsheet.  I use scripts/formulas to parse the data and include a link back to the Evernote note.

I'm using a Mac, and Numbers spreadsheet

>>(so I can sort my interaction per date, topics, client, etc.)

I would be doing this within Evernote using the general filing tools; note dates, title, tags, ...

On 5/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, SkyzoMarco said:

would like to be able to generate an excel sheet so that I can monitor my interactions (so I can sort my interaction per date, topics, client, etc.).

If you are going to need multiple filters and you have a lot of columns, Excel will be your best bet as far as speed and maintenance go. 

If you are talking about handful of columns, you may be able to handle it with tags but even the date potion would be not so consistent to track. Like you can go with created dates sorting in Evernote, or create tags for Months, Days etc. For certain outcomes, certain products are just meant for those purposes. A large database kind of data with columns and filtering needs really belong to Excel, Numbers, Access etc.

If you wanted the combine the two, Excel and Evernote, I would probably make notes about each conversation and then copy that note link to a cell in Excel corresponding to the entry. This way I can still filter, sort in Excel based on multiple criteria but if I wanted to get more info about that call, for example the linkedin profile photo of the person or other things I capture in that note, then I click on the hyperlink.

Finally, I would keep the Excel note within Evernote as an attachment, so it will available to you no matter what device or where you are. A cloud service with a link in Evernote to that file would work too.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 5/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, SkyzoMarco said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.

I am a professional working in the field with many clients around my territory. I am also receiving/doing a lot of phone calls. I would like to create an evernote template to take notes on my ipad/phone/computer and would like to be able to generate an excel sheet so that I can monitor my interactions (so I can sort my interaction per date, topics, client, etc.). First, is it possible to do that with evernote? If yes, what would be the best way to proceed ?

Thanks

Marc-Olivier

If you create a note per call you may be able to accomplish most of your objectives based upon how you tag the notes.  Tag searches would pull out the the above groups of notes.  But it may not be what you want.  Easy enough to try though.  You can also create a note per client and add to it each time, but that can get unwieldy after a while. 

FWIW, I created a phone template which I use on a per call basis.  Most of my calls are near the desktop so I put an ENEX copy of the template on the desktop and double click it to create a note.  I found the continuous updating of an Excel spreadsheet not to be worth the squeeze.  Occasionally I will copy paste the note info from list view into Excel for some analysis, but not often.

• 1 year later...