Hokey for bullet list?

WendyD

Idea

Does this feature currently exist?

It is disrupting to flow if I have to take my hands off the keyboard and press 'bullet list' on and off each time I need a bullet list. 

7 replies to this idea

On 5/28/2018 at 2:09 PM, WendyD said:

Does this feature currently exist?

It is disrupting to flow if I have to take my hands off the keyboard and press 'bullet list' on and off each time I need a bullet list. 

If you let your mouse pointer hover over the bulleted list icon, a pop up should come up that says "Ctrl+Shift+B".  You can find the Hotkey for the other items in the same way, or just look at the regular menu and the right-click menu, plenty of Hotkeys to play with. 

At least in Windows that's how it works.

3 hours ago, WendyD said:

Oh I see I may have posted in the wrong topic then. I use the website version where those hotkeys don't show up. Thank you for letting me know!

I just looked at the web version, then searched the forums, it seems Evernote keyboard shortcuts don't work on the web version (though it apparently supports web browser shortcuts, like Ctrl-b for bold).  I am not familiar with a web site that supports its own keyboard shortcuts, it seems like providing that functionality  would require something like javascript, which is notoriously insecure for a secure web site like Evernote.

See 

Thanks! I didn't know Javascript was the only language you could use to implement keyboard to web hot key compatibility. 

I was confused because the standard Ctrl + B to bold text was working just fine. Same with underline and italicized. I wonder now if that's because Chrome browser has those baked into the default text manipulation. But can't make sense because not all white space text boxes have that feature? 

10 minutes ago, WendyD said:

I was confused because the standard Ctrl + B to bold text was working just fine. Same with underline and italicized. I wonder now if that's because Chrome browser has those baked into the default text manipulation. But can't make sense because not all white space text boxes have that feature? 

I believe those are editor shortcuts, rather than simply text fields shortcuts, for sites that support them.

I found a more comprehensive browser shortcut list which you could try: http://dmcritchie.mvps.org/firefox/keyboard.htm

Archived