That you can very quickly alienate your subscribers when you constantly ask them "Did you know? Try it! Well I didn't bother trying it, I just quit. I went in and thought I disabled it but no, next time it's there again.  I'm heading back a version just because of this stupid "Did you know?" every single time I try to do anything.

Update: Well, this "Did you know?" has now rendered one of my devices totally useless. It's was a device that rarely was within range of Wi-Fi so it had everything "offline." Well it's sure offline now. Data all gone. Device useless. It would take months to reload everything. Am I having fun yet?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

Update: Well, this "Did you know?" has now rendered one of my devices totally useless. It's was a device that rarely was within range of Wi-Fi so it had everything "offline." Well it's sure offline now. Data all gone. Device useless. It would take months to reload everything. Am I having fun yet?

Not sure how the first thing affects the data loss. Was it because you downdated to an earlier version?

Also, did you turn off the tutorials in the settings? Settings / Tutorials / "Turn off educational tips". At least that's what I see in the beta 8.1 beta 4 version.

10 hours ago, jefito said:

Was it because you downdated to an earlier version?

It appears that way. Uninstalled the "Did you know" version and installed an earlier one. I do that all the time on my PC and never lost anything but should have realized Android is different and I was going to lose everything. But, done is done and I've got a $650 device I can't use until I reload everything at local Wi-Fi hotspots, and a few others I don't like using because of the latest version. I tried turning the tutorials off but the "Did you know" just came back the next time I ran it so I got PO'd and uninstalled. Why does EN spring this stuff on its users with no notice and no instructions on how to undo their damage?

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, OrbWeaver said:

I do that all the time on my PC and never lost anything but should have realized Android is different and I was going to lose everything.

This is what happens when you use a cloud application on a mobile device.
You need to have frequent access to the internet so updates are sync'd.

Also, on the PC/Mac platforms, the data is separate from the app; deleting the app doesn't inpact the data.
The mobile platforms have a direct relationship.  Deleting the app also deletes the data.

Archived