Improvement needed ! Scrolling notes on PC

Dear Evernote team and community,

The overall great user experience of Evernote really suffers from a very bad vertical scrolling of the single note window (with mouse wheel or touchpad). Most my notes are longer than a single screen/page, and I scroll through them a lot, which is probably the case of many users.

Don't you think this could easily (and must) be improved toward something smoother ?

Best,

On 5/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, trytoshakeme said:

Don't you think this could easily (and must) be improved toward something smoother ?

My notes are generally longer than a single page too however not noticed an issue with the scrolling. Which platform and version are you using?

Can you also define smoother? Is it delaying or is it erratic?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem, and it appears to be related to tables. A large note of just text and pictures scrolls smoothly, but one with a table that spans more than one screen has a long pause between the user action and the page actually scrolling when the scrolling range includes a part of the large table.

The new Edit Table UI is arguably better, allowing for more functionality, but my guess is that the scrolling problem is related to the background plumbing added for it in WYSIWYG. 

I also thought checkboxes might be a problem since I use lots of checkboxes in columns for layout purposes, but I did some testing and that doesn't seem to affect scrolling.

EDIT 1: This includes tables with a large number of empty rows as well as a table with many lines in a cell, used more for columnar layout that traditional tabular data.

EDIT 2: I do not have the problem on the Mac version of the application. I am scrolling with the built-in trackpad on a Del Inspirion laptop. When I attach a mouse to the laptop and use a scroll wheel, I do not notice the same delay. However, the mouse wheel isn't free-spinning, so the software mechanics are likely different than continuous-style scrolling on a trackpad. Maybe it's how the trackpad scroll is translated to "N Lines or Pages Up/Down".

EDIT 3: I do not see a consistent problem using the Mac version with a trackpad on a MacBook Air; scrolling had minor hiccups from time to time. I tried various trackpad settings on the Inspirion with no noticeable change in behavior. This is a Windows-only Trackpad-only problem from my testing so far.

Archived