Evernote 8.0 : cannot open notes with attached PDF

Since I upgraded to Evernote 8.0 I cannot open any note with an attached PDF anymore. I get error: "Note Edit error. Oops! There is a system error. We'll close Evernote now to resolve the problem. If the issue persists, try restarting your device."

Restarting the device does not help. I get this on my Nexus 7 2013 running Lineage OS 14 (Android 7.1.2) and my Moto X force running stock Android 7.0.

Oddly, my Nexus 9 running Android 7.1.2 and my Chromebook on Android 7.1.1 do not have this problem.

Any clues?

• 2 months later...

Dave, the only way I know of to downgrade apps is to backup your apps before you upgrade them.  Then, if you don't like an update, you can manually reinstall from the backup.

All-In-One-Toolbox has an option to archive/backup apps either as you install or update them, or manually at any time.  There are probably other apps out that that can do this as well, but this one works without having to be rooted, and it's got some other handy features, too.

As far as reverting to a previous version if you haven't backed up your own copy, I think the only safe way to do this is to get a copy from a person who has backups.  There are sites out there that offer .apk files, but I'm not sure I'd trust them.

23 horas atrás, Dave-in-Decatur disse:

Out of curiosity, how did you do this downgrade, since only the latest version is available in the Play Store?

I has this problem since 8.0 and reinstall didn't resolve. I had to go back to 7.17.7 from a file dowload on the apkmirror.com site. 

• Level 5
14 hours ago, msgvb said:

Dave, the only way I know of to downgrade apps is to backup your apps before you upgrade them.  Then, if you don't like an update, you can manually reinstall from the backup.

All-In-One-Toolbox has an option to archive/backup apps either as you install or update them, or manually at any time.  There are probably other apps out that that can do this as well, but this one works without having to be rooted, and it's got some other handy features, too.

As far as reverting to a previous version if you haven't backed up your own copy, I think the only safe way to do this is to get a copy from a person who has backups.  There are sites out there that offer .apk files, but I'm not sure I'd trust them.

Thanks for this. I've never run into a problem with an Android Evernote update, but anything can happen....

4 hours ago, Galeguin said:

I has this problem since 8.0 and reinstall didn't resolve. I had to go back to 7.17.7 from a file dowload on the apkmirror.com site. 

Man, be careful with those .apk sites.  I know what it's like to be desperately in need a previous version of an app, but I'd be a little sketched out about downloading one like Evernote.  Do you have a way to check to see if it's safe?  I think there are some scanners out there to check these files before you install them.

For this reason alone, I think Evernote should offer access to previous versions of apps, within reason.  Sometimes we do need to revert for various reasons.

Hi guys, going back to give you my feedback. Updating android webview seems to resolve the issue. However, I've noted that when I work with some PDF files open from a note (like highlighting and doing some annotations), sometimes I lose the changes. This was very frustatting. 

My conclusion: going back to 7.17. After six months I will give the dev's work a try. 

P.S.: I'm using evernote only in mobile devices. If anyone knows what version is more reliable for Android 5.1, please let me know. 

Archived