Jump to content
Ever Better: Refreshing the Evernote Brand Read more... ×
  • 1
Nick Nassiri

Evernote for Windows 6.13 Beta 2

Idea

Hello Everyone,

Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.13 Beta 2. You can download it here or check for updates (make sure you've opted in to get Beta updates from Options.) 

Please check it out and let us know what you think. 

Thanks,
Nick and the Windows Team at Evernote

-----------------

Release Notes for Version 6.13 Beta 2

Note: Versions 6.13 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Improved (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

- Encryption between the client and server has been beefed up.

- We let users save audio locally if they’ve exceeded the note size

- Users are prevented from making content changes when the Evernote client database is locked by another process (e.g., antivirus scanner)

- Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification.

- Messaging to alert the user when they're approaching their notebook limit

 

Fixed (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

- The cursor stays in the note body when the user navigates away from the title field

- Files can be consistently reattached after deleting or undoing an editing action

- Print behavior works consistently between the main note and single note view

- Work Chat no longer flags an inbound message as a new thread when it’s not

- Notebook count is correct

- Large lists of notes and tags are scrollable as expected

- We gracefully handle when some video cards incorrectly report their capabilities

- Some users were intermittently unable to add a new note. We patched that.

- Numbered lists keep their numbering sequence intact consistently

- Drag & Drop of files and documents from Evernote to other apps

- Keyboard shortcut for renaming Notebook Stacks now consistently works

- Note statistics remain on screen when expected

- And of course: Misc. other product bug fixes and improvements.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

50 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

The detailed notes are appreciated, thanks. Oh, and the fixes as well. :) Will download later on..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

You can search the forum for the topic containing the version you want or go to filehippo.com to get the version.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Release notes gave me the impression work chat was fixed - but it's not.  I did re-read and it says "in bound" messages - my problem is with outbound messages - still can't send (sharing a note).

Problems this morning - I have several notes that are refusing to sync.  Not sure if a problem with the server, or what is occurring.  Seems to be a similar entry in the log for each of the notes:

08:27:26 [ERROR  ] [8720] [12160] 97% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
08:27:26 [INFO   ] [8720] [12160] 97% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85236

I've tried a reboot on my end, but no luck. Fingers crossed this 'self-rectifies' soon.
* update: I've duplicated some of the non-syncing notes - those sync fine, then I delete the originals. Not a good option, but it works.  Terrible idea, however, if I have existing links to the note (internal or shared) and have to do this.

 

Otherwise, liking this current update - but still seeing far too many stability issues (even on high-end machines).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Also thanks for the notes.  A few things:

  1. Still can't drag and drop highlighted text from a note in the main window to a note in it's own window.
  2. Dragging the bar down the note list still bounces back up, cannot drag to the bottom of the list and stay.
  3. Created a new note in its own window.  Attempted to drag text to it.  Nothing copied.  Pasted instead.  back to the note list and there is a remnant of some sort.  The remnant disappeared as I was annotating the screenshot.

ScreenClip.png.40bcee7c09a8b55937c80f056b38be48.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The insert rule line (Ctrl+Shift+-) is behaving in unpredictable ways, sometimes requiring more than one application to do anything, and in some instances pre-existing rule lines just show as a blank line, and sometimes adding one once just adds a blank line, the visible line appears after doing it again. 

I perceive it may have something to do with attempting to remove the extra space between the line and the text, which was never a problem in the past, but it makes the line invisible in this beta.  Also, making the previous line a bullet list can make the rule line invisible.

The cursor is sometimes jumping from the middle of the body during editing to the very beginning of the note.  The only improvement I can detect with the cursor is that now I know where  the cursor went, whereas before I had no idea, whatever I was editing or adding now appears at the beginning of the note.

Sometimes there also a strange flicker on the screen while editing, not previously noticed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

The cursor is sometimes jumping from the middle of the body during editing to the very beginning of the note. 

I'm also experiencing this same issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm experiencing issues with Tags and Notebook settings on notes not being sticky. I'll add a tag to a note and after a sync it will disappear. Similar with notebooks. I'll move a note to a notebook and after a sync it will be back where it started. Seems random, I can't reproduce it reliably.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Michael Goulding said:

I'm experiencing issues with Tags and Notebook settings on notes not being sticky.

I also notice issues with notes randomly not being able to be shown, until I sync again, no pattern.  This and your observation both remind me of the last time my data got corrupted over a beta.

I think I may go back and wait this beta out

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, Michael Goulding said:

I'm experiencing issues with Tags and Notebook settings on notes not being sticky. I'll add a tag to a note and after a sync it will disappear. Similar with notebooks. I'll move a note to a notebook and after a sync it will be back where it started. Seems random, I can't reproduce it reliably.

What are your sync settings?  I'm having the same problem - a lot of items not syncing properly between devices and even notes not syncing at all just stuck 'trying to' - as well as notes 'coming back' with changes (like tags and notebook assignments) not having completed.  

1332285016_evernotesynccapture.png.9796e75d96df4a37ebab664990c8f8f7.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/27/2018 at 3:25 AM, Don Dz said:

The insert rule line (Ctrl+Shift+-) is behaving in unpredictable ways, sometimes requiring more than one application to do anything, and in some instances pre-existing rule lines just show as a blank line, and sometimes adding one once just adds a blank line, the visible line appears after doing it again. 

I perceive it may have something to do with attempting to remove the extra space between the line and the text, which was never a problem in the past, but it makes the line invisible in this beta.  Also, making the previous line a bullet list can make the rule line invisible

This is a known bug that appeared after v6.7.5 that is related to your "display settings" in Windows 10 when scale and layout custom scaling is set to 125%.  You can either change custom scaling to 100 or 150% (which affects all programs), or go into the properties of the Evernote program icon, and turn on "orverride high DPI scaling behaviour" (which only affects evernote).

Note: the latest Windows relase being rolled out as we speak has changes to the scaling behaviour to affect blurry fonts, and I don't know how it affects this bug (if it fixes it or not, if it exasperates it, if it breaks the work around)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Getting a bit concerned about the sync problems... it's been 5 days and I have numerous notes not syncing, and more that are getting adding to the list...  previous notes that were sync'd now go "out of sync" if I pretty much even just "touch them" for review.

An excerpt from today's activity log on one note (all text with internal evernote links) that I created and worked on 3 hours ago:

10:30:05 [INFO   ] [2576] [9896] 82% Updating server note "20180528 - Monday - Today's Journal &...", resource count: 0, content: 18.6 KB
10:30:05 [INFO   ] [2576] [9896] 82% * guid={b885ec29-aaad-4f1e-a4c7-f5bac5a364df}
10:30:05 [ERROR  ] [2576] [9896] 82% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
10:30:05 [INFO   ] [2576] [9896] 82% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85558

A quick scroll through my notes reveals "far too many" notes still pending sync.  Kind of kicking myself in the behind now for installing a beta version on this machine.

 

584695131_evernotenotsyncing2.png.02afaf3c4e30e2bfeb03ef07b283b55d.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, CraigZ said:

This is a known bug that appeared after v6.7.5 that is related to your "display settings" in Windows 10 when scale and layout custom scaling is set to 125%.  You can either change custom scaling to 100 or 150% (which affects all programs), or go into the properties of the Evernote program icon, and turn on "orverride high DPI scaling behaviour" (which only affects evernote).

That's odd, I never saw this until the current beta, in fact it was in my pre-existing and most frequently used Home/Start note that I first noticed the invisible lines, so even if it is a known issue, I suspect this current beta has added something new to aggravate this bug.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them on the next beta (I scurried away from the current beta after discovering the sync and missing data bug).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
38 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

That's odd, I never saw this until the current beta, in fact it was in my pre-existing and most frequently used Home/Start note that I first noticed the invisible lines, so even if it is a known issue, I suspect this current beta has added something new to aggravate this bug.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them on the next beta (I scurried away from the current beta after discovering the sync and missing data bug).

Did you perhaps just upgrade Windows 10 to the latest release? (The spring update, Windows version 1803, is just rolling out) That's another area where the display scaling might have changed, and perhaps co-incidence? Or did it go away when you reverted to a previous version? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, CraigZ said:

Did you perhaps just upgrade Windows 10 to the latest release? (The spring update, Windows version 1803, is just rolling out) That's another area where the display scaling might have changed, and perhaps co-incidence? Or did it go away when you reverted to a previous version? 

It went away upon reverting, but I reverted way back to 6.5, though as I said, versions before the current beta do not show the problem in my case. 

Anyway, I had been doing full install Windows 10 reinstalls, because the automatic updates usually doesn't work on my machine with major updates, so no, I have not installed the latest major Windows 10 update yet, it involves reinstalling everything in my case, a painful prospect (my desktop is 7 years old, something about HP not wanting to support an old computer that works just fine anymore).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/27/2018 at 6:01 AM, maggiemay said:

I'm also experiencing this same issue.

 

 

On 5/27/2018 at 3:25 AM, Don Dz said:

The cursor is sometimes jumping from the middle of the body during editing to the very beginning of the note.  The only improvement I can detect with the cursor is that now I know where  the cursor went, whereas before I had no idea, whatever I was editing or adding now appears at the beginning of the note.

 

Is this new in this release of Evernote?  Or does this happen in other programs and previous releases?  Do either of you have a touch pad on a laptop?   This sounds like what happens when typing and you accidentally bump the touchpad, the cursor jumps somewhere else (and it is annoying).  I thought Windows 10 had a generic option to prevent that, but it seems to have disappeared since the Fall Creators update.  That said, your touchpad utility for your laptop (or "additional settings" under Windows 10 Touchpad settings) might offer an option to delay or turn off the touchpad when you are typing.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, Michael Goulding said:

I'm experiencing issues with Tags and Notebook settings on notes not being sticky. I'll add a tag to a note and after a sync it will disappear. Similar with notebooks. I'll move a note to a notebook and after a sync it will be back where it started. Seems random, I can't reproduce it reliably.

Me too. It seems to be some sort of "auto-refresh" thing going on and at that point the recently added metadata is lost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, CraigZ said:

Is this new in this release of Evernote?  Or does this happen in other programs and previous releases?  Do either of you have a touch pad on a laptop?   

No touchpad on my desktop computer, as I said, what I notice different about the jumping from recent betas is that it seems  consistent as to where it ends up.  No other program does this as far as I know. 

I could tolerate that annoyance if they fix the sync problem, a serious issue.

I believe  the real difference between those who see these problems and those who don't, is the version under which a given note was created.  I am as likely to edit old notes as to create new ones, plus I tend to avoid creating tables on any version after 6.5, maybe new notes are less likely to show these problems, though I have not tested this. 

Maybe a full backup and restore might do something, may try it if enough people indicate they are not seeing these issues, though the backup might retain the problems.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, CraigZ said:

This is a known bug that appeared after v6.7.5 that is related to your "display settings" in Windows 10 when scale and layout custom scaling is set to 125%.  You can either change custom scaling to 100 or 150% (which affects all programs), or go into the properties of the Evernote program icon, and turn on "orverride high DPI scaling behaviour" (which only affects evernote).

Note: the latest Windows relase being rolled out as we speak has changes to the scaling behaviour to affect blurry fonts, and I don't know how it affects this bug (if it fixes it or not, if it exasperates it, if it breaks the work around)

It's not just on Win 10. A number of Win 7 users have been experiencing the disappearing and reappearing horizontal rules.

I tried disabling display scaling on high DPI settings, but the bugs remain, including the horizontal rule disappearing when you insert a bullet point about the horizontal rule.

And you are correct, this issue has been around for several GA releases now. Which tells me either this is a particularly difficult to squash bug or the hundreds of EN employees don't actually use EN extensively or they don't use horizontal rule. Most likely they are mostly Mac users and this isn't an issue on Mac EN.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, maggiemay said:

The cursor is sometimes jumping from the middle of the body during editing to the very beginning of the note. 

 

13 hours ago, CraigZ said:

Is this new in this release of Evernote?  Or does this happen in other programs and previous releases?  Do either of you have a touch pad on a laptop?   This sounds like what happens when typing and you accidentally bump the touchpad, the cursor jumps somewhere else (and it is annoying).  I thought Windows 10 had a generic option to prevent that, but it seems to have disappeared since the Fall Creators update.  That said, your touchpad utility for your laptop (or "additional settings" under Windows 10 Touchpad settings) might offer an option to delay or turn off the touchpad when you are typing.

This is new for me in this release of Evernote, and not happening in other programs or previous releases.  I do have a touchpad but I'm sure I'm not accidentally bumping it when the issue occurs.

I can confirm that the cursor does jump to top of note after every manual Sync, but this is also occuring randomly at other times.  I've got Sync set to perform automatically every hour.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug report, this has happened a couple of times now.

  1. Have two notes in the Inbox.
  2. Move NoteA to another notebook.
  3. Move NoteB to another notebook
  4. NoteA is back in the Inbox
  5. Move NoteA again and it sticks. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Issue with saved searches (reported with earlier version elsewhere: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/113722-saved-searches-not-working-in-latest-version/).

Make an any: search containing two terns, e.g. : any: Admin* Budget*

 

Note its results. Now make that into a saved search, and run it. The search info will show that this has executed an "all" search (albeit with the correct terms):

image.png.19d970e932b7af256e6c4c4007db9c05.png

So, OK, let's fix that by clicking on the "All" dropdown and select "Any". Oops! Now the search goes completely wrong, turning itself into an "All Notes: filter:

image.png.fe6484ab0ee8330a96b3350e09af3ece.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hello guys,

I have updated my evernote to this beta version and it's the worst ideia I had.

After the update, I got a lot of bugs: my notes are comeback to home automatically, I've problems when I created notes on my Iphone and try sync  with my Windows PC. Also I've bugs when I choose to not save pdf as attachment (the note just save as attachment again). 

I'm sorry for the bad English, but I think it's important to report those bugs.

One last thing:

How can I got back for the old version?

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/25/2018 at 7:32 AM, ej8899 said:

Release notes gave me the impression work chat was fixed - but it's not.  I did re-read and it says "in bound" messages - my problem is with outbound messages - still can't send (sharing a note).

Problems this morning - I have several notes that are refusing to sync.  Not sure if a problem with the server, or what is occurring.  Seems to be a similar entry in the log for each of the notes:

08:27:26 [ERROR  ] [8720] [12160] 97% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
08:27:26 [INFO   ] [8720] [12160] 97% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 85236

I've tried a reboot on my end, but no luck. Fingers crossed this 'self-rectifies' soon.
* update: I've duplicated some of the non-syncing notes - those sync fine, then I delete the originals. Not a good option, but it works.  Terrible idea, however, if I have existing links to the note (internal or shared) and have to do this.

 

Otherwise, liking this current update - but still seeing far too many stability issues (even on high-end machines).

Thanks for the report. We're looking into this. Do you recall what steps you did within Evernote to trigger this issue? Did you move these notes into a different notebook after editing them? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for the report. We're looking into this. Do you recall what steps you did within Evernote to trigger this issue? Did you move these notes into a different notebook after editing them? 

Just general Evernote use is causing this to occur repeatedly.  Some notes were moved to a new notebook and the issue triggered, others were just modified and the issues presents itself.  Strangely, it is only occurring on one of my laptops (out of two test machines currently).   Perhaps I should do my best to fix those notes by duplicating them, wipe the database and let it rebuild?  After all the number of notes note syncing is growing on a daily basis - whenever I use that particular machine.  Had been syncing notes just fine up until this version though.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

Just general Evernote use is causing this to occur repeatedly.  Some notes were moved to a new notebook and the issue triggered, others were just modified and the issues presents itself.  Strangely, it is only occurring on one of my laptops (out of two test machines currently).   Perhaps I should do my best to fix those notes by duplicating them, wipe the database and let it rebuild?  After all the number of notes note syncing is growing on a daily basis - whenever I use that particular machine.

OK thanks for the info. We'll keep testing this on our end.

Yes. Duplicating the flagged notes and then rebuilding the database should fix this. Do the flagged notes appear in your note list if your press and hold the CTRL key while clicking on the sync icon? 

Please let us know if it happens again after the rebuild. Thanks again for this report. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Austin G said:

OK thanks for the info. We'll keep testing this on our end.

Yes. Duplicating the flagged notes and then rebuilding the database should fix this. Do the flagged notes appear in your note list if your press and hold the CTRL key while clicking on the sync icon? 

Please let us know if it happens again after the rebuild. Thanks again for this report. 

The flagged notes do not appear in the note list when pressing CTRL and sync.

Also, just noticed a note count discrepancy -  29,443 on the working machine and 29,402 on the other one that is having sync issues.  

Rebuild is in progress, so maybe the problem system will work ok tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Austin G said:

Yes. Duplicating the flagged notes and then rebuilding the database should fix this. 

Is it possible to preserve note links when rebuilding the database?  I ran an experiment by exporting all my note and importing them to a new account.  None of the note links were preserved, though it did preserve the tags, albeit without any stacks organization of either tags or notebooks. 

I have done this once before to remove some file corruption with mismatching note counts, but I really cannot afford to destroy my organizational system every time there is a problem with the database.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

 Is it possible to preserve note links when rebuilding the database?  I ran an experiment by exporting all my note and importing them to a new account.  None of the note links were preserved

When importing notes, you're creating new notes; and causing the broken links.

This can be avoideded by rebuilding the database with:
- a full resync from the Evernote servers
- restoring the database files from disk backups

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, DTLow said:

When importing notes, you're creating new notes; and causing the broken links.

This can be avoideded Byblos rebuilding the database with:
- a full resync from the Evernote servers
- restoring the database files from disk backups

By resync I gather you mean delete the local database first?  Does that accomplishes the intent to  "clean up" the database?

As far as disk backups, you mean a copy of the local folder?  Again, my idea is to try to "clean up" the database so it is better behaved with the more recent Evernote versions, whatever that means.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
43 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

By resync I gather you mean delete the local database first?

That will do it.  Warning: this deletes local notebooks.

>>Does that accomplishes the intent to  "clean up" the database?

The full resync accomplishes rebuilding the local database from the master version on the server. If your local copy is corrupted, it will be "cleaned up"

>>As far as disk backups, you mean a copy of the local folder?

On the Windows platform, this would be the .exb file

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
20 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

By resync I gather you mean delete the local database first?  Does that accomplishes the intent to  "clean up" the database?

As far as disk backups, you mean a copy of the local folder?  Again, my idea is to try to "clean up" the database so it is better behaved with the more recent Evernote versions, whatever that means.

You might want to try a few options on the HELP menu. Press CTRL key, then Help, and a number of items show up that are less drastic than a local purge. It depends on what your problem is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, EdH said:

You might want to try a few options on the HELP menu. Press CTRL key, then Help, and a number of items show up that are less drastic than a local purge. It depends on what your problem is.

Wow, I have never seen that before, is there a resource that explains what the different options do before I try them?  I guess "fix all notes" is safe to try?

The short version of my problem is, going back and forth between betas and earlier versions (6.5) of Evernote seems to create problems for my database, particularly for notes with tables or heavily formatted with links.  Links in particular have been breaking up recently.

Previously I could only resolve it with a complete purge that caused me to lose all links.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Wow, I have never seen that before, is there a resource that explains what the different options do before I try them?  I guess "fix all notes" is safe to try?

Generally speaking, those hidden options are there for tech support to try to guide you through a problem, or at least try to fix/troubleshoot some issue that you're having. You can try anything; presumably they're safe (or as safe as any software can be said to be "safe") but I'd back up my database files first, if it were me. I can't recall if there's official documentation of what the hidden options do -- some are self-descriptive, others are opaque; if there isn't, it would be nice if there were...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 minutes ago, jefito said:

You can try anything; presumably they're safe (or as safe as any software can be said to be "safe") but I'd back up my database files first, if it were me. 

Well, for now, I found that fix all notes did not do anything that I could discern, but fix the current note fixed did fix a sync issue with 2 notes, so I guess the two commands are not identical. 

I was hoping either one of those or rebuilding the whole database might fix some of the issues with the recent betas, since apparently not everyone is seeing the reported problems. 

I am currently under the impression many of the current beta problems maybe related to working with the same data with different versions of the program, at least in my case when I see problems it is normally with older notes, I don't recall issues with newer notes.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/30/2018 at 7:43 PM, Austin G said:

OK thanks for the info. We'll keep testing this on our end.

Yes. Duplicating the flagged notes and then rebuilding the database should fix this. Do the flagged notes appear in your note list if your press and hold the CTRL key while clicking on the sync icon? 

Please let us know if it happens again after the rebuild. Thanks again for this report. 

I (logged out) then deleted the database files - all of them.  Logged back in and let Evernote download all 29,000+ notes again.  

Sadly, I have to report that the problem still exists with sync issues.

Worse is that the second laptop is now behaving the same way - Initially I was thinking perhaps a corportate firewall could have had something to do with the first laptop -- but the second one is running in an entirely different area and does not have a corporate firewall or any corporate forced security protocols pushed to it.

 

Here's an excerpt from my activity log this morning on that second laptop.

07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Updating server note "Tuesday Canadian Tire jeep meet - new...", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% * guid={c9f6ad5e-c633-4dee-a9f5-7aaa92d068c0}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 93% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92890
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% * guid={a98bf47a-7f3b-4ca3-a232-eafa15759a74}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 95% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92900
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% * guid={c68b1685-e311-4a19-aced-6d092f351d8a}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 96% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92903
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Updating server note "20180601 - Friday - Today's Journal &...", resource count: 0, content: 1.1 KB
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% * guid={4620affc-a706-4d09-ab6e-023b12ac0ea1}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 97% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92905
 
Really hoping an update fixes this soon.... I'm going to have quite the mess of note conflicts between devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I am seeing the same issue as ej8899. Some notes are clipped and edited manually and some are emailed to my account and moved to another notebook. (Which means that these notes where not created locally!)

The editing afterwards and the moving to other notebooks is still pending for me and I checked it on my other devices that these changes did not propagate to them.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I disabled the beta updates/features, uninstalled version 6.13 Beta 2 and installed the current stable version 6.11.2.

I had to login again and the app's settings are back to their defaults but my local database was still present. The previously unsynced changes did sync without any issues. :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/29/2018 at 11:34 PM, jefito said:

Issue with saved searches (reported with earlier version elsewhere: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/113722-saved-searches-not-working-in-latest-version/).

Make an any: search containing two terns, e.g. : any: Admin* Budget*

 

Note its results. Now make that into a saved search, and run it. The search info will show that this has executed an "all" search (albeit with the correct terms)

That's funny, because I was checking this beta to see if this was fixed, having encountered it in v.6.9  Geez, how many versions ago is that!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 6/1/2018 at 4:45 AM, ej8899 said:

I (logged out) then deleted the database files - all of them.  Logged back in and let Evernote download all 29,000+ notes again.  

Sadly, I have to report that the problem still exists with sync issues.

Worse is that the second laptop is now behaving the same way - Initially I was thinking perhaps a corportate firewall could have had something to do with the first laptop -- but the second one is running in an entirely different area and does not have a corporate firewall or any corporate forced security protocols pushed to it.

 

Here's an excerpt from my activity log this morning on that second laptop.

07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Updating server note "Tuesday Canadian Tire jeep meet - new...", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% * guid={c9f6ad5e-c633-4dee-a9f5-7aaa92d068c0}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 93% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92890
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% * guid={a98bf47a-7f3b-4ca3-a232-eafa15759a74}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 95% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92900
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% * guid={c68b1685-e311-4a19-aced-6d092f351d8a}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 96% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92903
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Updating server note "20180601 - Friday - Today's Journal &...", resource count: 0, content: 1.1 KB
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% * guid={4620affc-a706-4d09-ab6e-023b12ac0ea1}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 97% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92905
 
Really hoping an update fixes this soon.... I'm going to have quite the mess of note conflicts between devices. 

This just proves, that EN doesn't know what they are  doing. They suggested to you, that rebuilding the data base fixes the problem, but it didn't.

How long didn't take to download 29000 notes? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It seems the issue where after typing in a note title and then tabbing to the note body and then the cursor jumps back to the title has been fixed or mitigated. I'm not seeing it happen today.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 6/1/2018 at 4:45 AM, ej8899 said:

I (logged out) then deleted the database files - all of them.  Logged back in and let Evernote download all 29,000+ notes again.  

Sadly, I have to report that the problem still exists with sync issues.

Worse is that the second laptop is now behaving the same way - Initially I was thinking perhaps a corportate firewall could have had something to do with the first laptop -- but the second one is running in an entirely different area and does not have a corporate firewall or any corporate forced security protocols pushed to it.

 

Here's an excerpt from my activity log this morning on that second laptop.

07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Updating server note "Tuesday Canadian Tire jeep meet - new...", resource count: 0, content: 0 B
07:23:30 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% * guid={c9f6ad5e-c633-4dee-a9f5-7aaa92d068c0}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 93% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 93% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92890
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% * guid={a98bf47a-7f3b-4ca3-a232-eafa15759a74}
07:23:31 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 95% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 95% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92900
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Updating server note "Untitled Note", resource count: 1, content: 0 B
07:23:31 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% * guid={c68b1685-e311-4a19-aced-6d092f351d8a}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 96% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 96% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92903
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Updating server note "20180601 - Friday - Today's Journal &...", resource count: 0, content: 1.1 KB
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% * guid={4620affc-a706-4d09-ab6e-023b12ac0ea1}
07:23:32 [ERROR  ] [12720] [3164] 97% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Note.updateSequenceNum"
07:23:32 [INFO   ] [12720] [3164] 97% Failed to update the note contents and/or failed to add resource(s) to note. uid = 92905
 
Really hoping an update fixes this soon.... I'm going to have quite the mess of note conflicts between devices. 
  1. Logging out and back in will not trigger a redownload. You'd have to:
    1. Log out
    2. Go to C:\users\username\Evernote\Databases\ then delete the username.exb file. (Make sure you have no unsync'd notes, and that you have a backup of any non-sync'd notebooks if you have any first)
    3. Log in.
  2. If you are having issues after a full download, then there is probably something wrong with your data on the server, and you'd need to have them take a look. They can reindex and probably a few other things. Open a ticket with them.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, EdH said:
  1. Logging out and back in will not trigger a redownload. You'd have to:
    1. Log out
    2. Go to C:\users\username\Evernote\Databases\ then delete the username.exb file. (Make sure you have no unsync'd notes, and that you have a backup of any non-sync'd notebooks if you have any first)
    3. Log in.
  2. If you are having issues after a full download, then there is probably something wrong with your data on the server, and you'd need to have them take a look. They can reindex and probably a few other things. Open a ticket with them.

1. Yes - all that was done as I described in my original post. It wasn't just a log out, log in process.

2. Others are seeing similar behavior now as well - and another use @hakan rolled back to a prior version and unsync'd notes sync'd up again - I suspect it's not an isolated database issue on the server. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, AndreasM said:

This just proves, that EN doesn't know what they are  doing. They suggested to you, that rebuilding the data base fixes the problem, but it didn't.

How long didn't take to download 29000 notes? Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't know how long it took to download... except "less than 12 hours".  I started around 7pm, and by 7am I know the database was back.  I have about 12gb worth of data in those 29,000 notes so timing of the download would vary drastically based on how much data is in a persons notebook and your network connection.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug(?) report - not just this version, but it seems like "forever" - and really, is only limited to one of my devices - but perhaps something that could be added to the research list at some point.

In options, I have PrtScn mapped to capture the screen - I use evernote for handling screen captures all the time -- BUT on my surface pro 4,  the prtscn key stops responding after the machine has gone to sleep - but only within evernote as some disconnect in evernote has occured - it still shows PrtScn mapped, but it just doesn't work.  Clearing "Print Screen" then adding it again, resumes the desired functioning of it.  If I don't remap it, the regular functioning of PrtScn occurs (screen capture to windows clipboard).

Clearly a very low priority issue, but it might be something that presents as a common issue among other convertible devices too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

More sync errors....

Not only is Evernote 6.13.2 not syncing note changes properly - and someone else pointed out it seems to be mostly related to a note generated elsewhere - ie a mailed in note, web clipper, etc.  I have IFTTT generated notes that refuse to sync properly and notes generated on other devices showing this behavior too.

But this morning, I'm seeing notes not even being downloaded.  They show via web app and both on ios and android apps - but are not being downloaded to the desktop for some reason. These are notes in my "inbox notebook" and new over the past couple of days.  My "inbox" notebook shows 337 notes on this laptop, but everywhere else is 339.  This is just the inbox notebook.   Overall, I have a 50 notes "missing" between web and desktop when looking at "all notes".  I'm not liking the idea of knowing how many are not in sync on top of that number.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Not only is Evernote 6.13.2 not syncing note changes properly . . . .

Someone on the forums suggested I play around with the menu items that come up after pressing Ctrl and clicking on Help.  I did, and I have not noticed anymore problems for a while now.  In particular I played with "Fix all notes" and "Fix selected notes".  The last one in particular seemed to be the most helpful, specially if I knew which notes were the source of the problem

This special menu is apparently meant to be use under guidance of Evernote tech support, but I am guessing no harm done in trying.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Someone on the forums suggested I play around with the menu items that come up after pressing Ctrl and clicking on Help.  I did, and I have not noticed anymore problems for a while now.  In particular I played with "Fix all notes" and "Fix selected notes".  The last one in particular seemed to be the most helpful, specially if I knew which notes were the source of the problem

This special menu is apparently meant to be use under guidance of Evernote tech support, but I am guessing no harm done in trying.

I've used that menu a few times on prior occasions... but unfortunately,  it's not doing much good to solve errors this time around.  I've done a complete database rebuild and that didn't solve the problem either.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm also having a problem with a large note (3M) which is not syncing.   I've now copied it to a new note which IS syncing.

Shouldn't there be some visual indication on the sync button if there are any issues after a manual sync occurs ?   Is my only option to keep checking for a black dot in the the sync column of the notes list ?   Is it possible to create a saved search ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This thread has been locked as this version of the beta is outdated. Please see the most recent Evernote for Windows Beta thread. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×